The Last Ship (TNT series)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Vidiot, Jun 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sgb

sgb Senior Member

And it looks like what they were hinting might be the bad guys in Baltimore are actually the good guys. I liked that, but I don't think I'll be back for season 2.

2. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I wonder if interest in The Last Ship will spike when it returns, due to the Ebola crisis, especially if it continues to spread...

3. sgb

sgb Senior Member

That's a thought.

4. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR! Thread Starter

The timing is a little scary.

5. sgb

sgb Senior Member

It's not back until next summer, right?

6. Vidiot

Correct, next summer on TNT. I'm sure the producers are keenly aware that the show's story and the real-life Ebola crisis happening in the world are much too close.

7. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Wonder if they'll alter the storyline somehow due to current events (I imagine this won't go away any time soon, given the ease of global travel).

8. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Yeah.....they'll find a cure for it on the ship, but won't be able to get to any land due to some weird reason. ;)

9. tribby2001

tribby2001 Forum Resident

Season Two 2-hour Premier: Sunday, June 21, 2015 at 9pm EDT (TNT)

Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
  10. white wolf

white wolf Forum Resident

I just started watching this on Hulu. Great series. Exceeded my expectations (which were very low for this series.)

11. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Well, season 2 started with a bang! In fact, it continued from last season's finale straight through to eps 1 & 2 of season 2, like a mini action movie. I'd advise re-watching the last ep of season 1 first and the hang on to your hat! Thumbs up.

12. sgb

sgb Senior Member

So they kill off the bad lady and the good cop in Baltimore right away. Previews show they will be facing another enemy who wants to destroy the vaccine. Lots of shoot-em-up for sure.

13. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

For TNT this is a darn good show.

Alfre did a good acting job.

14. I was into season one but after two reliable episodes into season two... not sure anymore. The fist of the season wrapped up way took quickly a story line that was getting sort of interesting. Then all of a sudden its resolved and next.....

Episode 2 has all the crap I hate about Michel Bay. Bottom line is the Last Ship is really not the Last Ship. It works on the Last Man on Earth not being the last man but not on this show.

15. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Ep3 wasn't terrible, but it was just basically treading water. Not much going on after last week's wrap-up except some overwrought family moments. Going forward, it looks like there's going to be some local ideological nutso gang that wants to 'inherit the Earth', yadda, yadda. I hope there's better things ahead than that and that they don't spend too much time on land.

16. sgb

sgb Senior Member

I missed the latest episode, I just forgot that it would be on last night... no real loss, though, maybe next week, maybe not.

17. ptmconsulting

ptmconsulting Member

I was really disappointed with the 2 hour season 2 premiere. Yes, lots of bang-bang but very little story line. I want more of the intrigue they started with. Well, now that they have cleared up that political mess I hope they get back to that type of story.

18. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff

Really sad to only get the fantastic Titus Welliver for one episode.

19. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

No cable this weekend.

20. Dok

Dok Senior Member

Something happened with Hulu getting season 2. They announced it in their blog but it never happened. I wrote them and asked and they wouldn't come out directly and say why. I then pointed out it was in their own blog about it. They responded - "We apologize for the confusion. We are working with the appropriate team to edit the appropriate information. Thank you so much for writing in to let us know of this oversight."

:rolleyes:

Vidiot likes this.
  21. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Ep 8 - An amazing episode which had none of the customary commando raids or conflict with villains boasting laughable accents, managed to rise to the top of the list of all time best episodes. It's purely character driven with some amazing performances from the Prez and Capt. More like this please (though many of the action episodes are also good).

22. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

The Last Ship has been renewed for season 3. Season 2 will end on a cliffhanger, however you'll have to wait a year to see what happens, when S3 returns.

F_C_FRANKLIN likes this.
  23. Vidiot

I think this season has concentrated on too many episodes stuck on land. I'd like to see them get back to the ship and go to different places every week. The whole "Florida enclave" plotline is just wearying, from what I've seen.

24. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

25. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I'm not liking season 3 very much so far. With Dr Scott gone and the narrative now being mostly land based, it's lost its essence. There are too many action scenes that don't feel realistic or weighty and there are far too many young, pretty people in positions of power. I suspect I'll be dropping this show soon....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.