The Last TV Show You Watched Was... (Part 1)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MikaelaArsenault, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Mowgli

Mowgli Well-Known Member

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Member Of The Midnight Society

The Patty Duke Show.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    Jimmy B. and Grand_Ennui like this.
  3. RK2249

RK2249 Forum Resident

Family Guy

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  4. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Resident

Not sure where to post this, as it falls into the definition of both movie and TV show, but since it's on Netflix and that is how most people will see it I'll try it here.
    11/8/16, a cinema verite look at the 2016 elections through the eyes of a diverse group of voters. This is a remarkable documentary, made much more poignant knowing how it turned out, as we watch a group of people go through their day, November 8, 2016. It's broken up into morning, afternoon and night, and through their words we get to know their motivations for voting the way they did and their general thoughts on America. It's divided equally by political affiliation, including a few independents. There are also some very revealing inside looks at media coverage. The most touching sequence is the one following a homeless couple in Hawaii, who basically barely knew there was an election, and even who was running. This couple just went on with their life, swimming, playing music, and really living in the moment and just being happy.
    Again, it's an amazing watch when you see these various optimistic people who have their hopes dashed, and others who are steadfast in their support despite being told their candidate could not win-truly an insightful look at our democracy.

Luckless Pedestrian likes this.
  5. Olompali

Olompali Forum Resident

Star Trek: Discovery
    Enjoyed.

6. DetroitDoomsayer

DetroitDoomsayer Forum Resident

[​IMG]

The last Bryan Fuller series that I hadn't seen. Season 1 was stronger than season 2, but they were both good.

Listening to George's narration is like listening to Jaye Tyler from WONDERFALLS. Dead Like Me and Wonderfalls are definitely cut from the same cloth.

7. Mowgli

Mowgli Well-Known Member

Hand Of God

"You know what I love most about this moment. The only person who knows where I am right now… is me….it’s like looking into infinity. This is what perfection looks like. Big data hates this place. Free will. So they trick us. They take everything they know about us and they use it against us. To control us. They make it so easy. Don’t they? We can get a pill for any mood online. We come at the click of a button. We Uber our food. I mean, what the ****? We’ve given up the right to choose in exchange for free shipping, and a money-back guarantee. We give them our data, and they make chains that fit us better…Wake the **** up! Wake the **** up!"

~ PJ’s Manifesto

8. Splungeworthy

Patton Oswald-Annihilation, on Netflix.
    I don't normally go for stand up specials, because they're usually pretty bad, but this one is different. I'm a big fan of his work, and I think he's one of the best stand up comedians ever. He's intelligent, he can tell a story better than anyone, and can deconstruct human behavior better than any psychiatrist. On this special, however, he goes somewhere that not too many other comics would dare to go-he talks about the death of his wife Michelle in 2016. It's excruciating, it's touching, and believe it or not, he's able to find humor in it, especially as it relates to his daughter. If you weren't a fan before, you will become one.

Nice Marmot likes this.
  9. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

A Christmas Visitor

10. Mylene

Mylene Forum Resident

DCI Banks. Stephen Tompkinson (who always looks like he's just realised he's sent his life savings to a Nigerian prince) has all sorts of trouble with the two women ranked below him and tries to solve the murder of a Chinese businessman. Shows how to kidnap and ransom someone without getting caught. Something that may come in handy one day.

11. DLD

DLD Forum Resident

The Long Road Home. Part II. Not what I expected but still a heckuva war show. For some reason I ad the mistaken idea it was about the road to leading a somewhat normal life after leaving the service. Anything but. Highly recommended.

12. Splungeworthy

The American Music Awards.
    I usually don't watch these shows anymore (Grammy's as well), but for some reason I tuned in. Just a few observations:
    If Diana Ross can sing it live, no one else has any excuses for lip-synching, and I'll just leave it at that.
    The wall walking performance by Pink was absolutely insane. And I know Kelly Clarkson gets a lot of attention for having the big voice, but the opening duet with Pink shows that Pink is her equal vocally.
    In case you weren't aware, Bruno Mars is an adult contemporary artist now. I'll just let that sink in.
    And someone who is probably the grandkid of one of the producers of the show somehow got Portugal The Man on, thankfully.

13. DPK

DPK Well-Known Member

Barnegie Hall (DVD release of a tv-show-that-never-was)

[​IMG]

14. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Forum Resident

South Park.
    All I knew ages ago were earlier seasons, and all I have left now are 3 collections on DVD: The Hits, Volume 1; The Cult Of Cartman; and The Passion Of The Jew.
    After watching three episodes before - a couple moderately funny, and one not funny to me anymore,
    I saw the episode "AWESOME-O." I liked that one! :laugh:

15. Michael Rose

Michael Rose Well-Known Member

Leah Remini _ Aftermath
    The Flash (from DVR, no spoilers pls)

16. Splungeworthy

Bingeing Ray Donovan now. I'm not sure why I avoided this show for so long-it's great.

Mowgli likes this.
  17. Road Ratt

Road Ratt Forum Resident

NFL Football (Chargers vs. Cowboys)

18. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Forum Resident

The Sopranos season three. I may take a break from it because I am getting bored. Already stopped Breaking Bad after the second season for the same reason. Perhaps they just aren't for me and I should put on Buffy or Star Trek for the zillionth time.

19. Standoffish

Standoffish Forum Resident

Dude, I'd urge you to check out season 3 of Breakig Bad. IIRC the season opener is weak, but the rest of the season is awesome (save for the Skyler storyline).

20. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

Sometimes your best option is sticking with the classics.

21. Splungeworthy

Or Firefly.

22. Dee Zee

Dee Zee Forum Resident

The 7 part western Godless on Netflix is just outstanding TV. Almost finished and don’t want it to end.

23. The final episode of Ozark
    Can't wait for Season 2...

MikaelaArsenault, Silken and Mowgli like this.
  24. Dee Zee

Dee Zee Forum Resident

Heard Ozark was good.

25. Ya heard correct mate - watch it now !