The Last TV Show You Watched Was... (Part 1)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MikaelaArsenault, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Benno123

Benno123 Forum Resident

I know I share that every time the show is mentioned but when I was in grade school Thursday after school was my night to stay at my grandparents' house. I have great memories watching the NBC line-up with them. I still remember the first time the Night Court episode with Teri Hatcher as the niece was on. I didn't get all the jokes at that age but I remember laughing pretty hard because my grandpa was!

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  2. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident Thread Starter

Just found out that Gilbert Gottfried was in the Season 9 premiere two-parter episode and a whole bunch of others as well. He is so funny and never fails to crack me up as well.

Benno123 likes this.
  3. Benno123

Benno123 Forum Resident

I remember that faintly but by that time it was hit and miss watching the show. I am still confused by the final episode!!

4. MikaelaArsenault

So you've seen the Season 9 premiere where Dan kidnaps Christine?

5. MikaelaArsenault

These pictures never fail to make me smile (and laugh).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I really love how Dan looks like an animal in this one picture in my opinion.

Benno123 likes this.
  6. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Forum Resident

Newhart. I watched season 2 recently on DVD (I got season 1 when it came out, then so much time went by without any second season, I stopped looking; now I have up through the 5th season and will buy the 6th and 7th in a week or two probably).
    (I had first bought the whole 8 seasons on ebay for a bargain price, only to find out they were counterfeits, shrunken to fit on single layer DVDs. I got my money back. These I bought from Amazon. I won't buy the show from a third party seller due to the proliferation of counterfeits of this show).
    I'm on the third season now where it really starts to gel properly (was very glad when they got rid of the Kirk character, far too abrasive). Looking forward to when Larry, Darryl, and Darryl take a more prominent role, or rather are there more often.
    I think this was one of the most brilliant shows on TV (I didn't see much of the final season when it aired or since, though of course the finale, and when it aired); it certainly was in its own way the most surreal show on mainstream TV since Green Acres.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    Benno123 and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  7. Benno123

Benno123 Forum Resident

Maybe not after all. I thought I remembered Gilbert on the show but maybe I am thinking of something else. I don't remember the kidnapped Christine show ... but I remember when she was supposed to get married earlier in the series and belches!!! And Roz with Dan's briefcase ... Lol!

8. Mike F

Mike F Victim of Changes

Which episode for melodrama? Two out of every three episodes it seems. I did start watching during season one and it was odd because, as is the case with most shows, they haven't gotten their formula down yet. Also Christine hadn't arrived yet and the woman in her role (Paula Kelly), well I was just so accustomed to Markie Post and waited impatiently for her arrival. Sorry Paula. I really do like checking out older TV shows in part as a look at a time capsule of television. As a look at 1984 the one thing that surprised me most, and I was delighted by, was that Mack was just Mack, just a regular guy. There's not the slightest wiff of stereotype or tokenism, he's not "urban". The same with Roz when she arrives. I'm in season four now. Bull is given the perfect allotment of time per episode. For the melodramatic aspects of the show Harry reminds me of "Hawkeye" Pierce in his being very sensitive, ultra understanding. I remember that being an admirable quality then but I doubt it would be viewed the same way today. John Larroquette as Dan Fielding is the star of the show I think. He's a real acrobat of an actor. At some point I wondered if anyone has ever counted the number of times Christine has said "Daaaan!" I don't think he was intended to be the sexual harassing equivalent of bigoted Archie Bunker, a parody, though I could be wrong. Even watching the extras in the background and the revolving cast of semi-familiar characters is entertaining, some going back to bits on Barney Miller. In one cafeteria scene I watched one biker looking type walk past at 30 second intervals. For me these things have a charm. I'm not looking forward to the inevitable decline of the show.

9. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Member Of The Midnight Society

I watched The Joey Bishop Show today with Joe Besser from The Three Stooges. So cool.

10. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Forum Resident

First two episodes of American Gods on Starz.

DLD likes this.
  11. DLD

DLD Forum Resident

Episode 2 of American Gods. The good is very good. Some bad (for me) but, can't wait for next week. Peter Stormare's character scarier than the monsters in most movies.

12. Holy Diver

I just watched Hazel. Classic show.

Jimmy B. likes this.
  13. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Forum Resident

Survivor last night. It's about the only TV show left that I always regularly watch.

14. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Forum Resident

The Andy Griffith Show; the "Man In A Hurry" episode.
    I hadn't seen it in years and still remembered most of the dialogue!
    That was once my favorite TV show (the black and white episodes), and this episode's a real standout.

15. Better Caul Saul

Jimmy B. likes this.
  16. Holy Diver

Just watched Three's Company.

17. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Forum Resident

Green Acres - the "I Didn't Raise My Pig To Be A Soldier" episode! :edthumbs:

18. MikaelaArsenault

19. MikaelaArsenault

I just love Gilbert's face in this.

[​IMG]

20. TeleStrat

TeleStrat Well-Known Member

Friday night I finished season seven of The Closer on DVD. That was my second time watching the complete series.
    The other day I received season five of Major Crimes from Amazon and last night I started disc one.

21. MikaelaArsenault

22. MAYBEIMAMAZED

MAYBEIMAMAZED Forum Resident

Bloodline- Netflix series
    Elizabeth Town

23. JonnyKidd

JonnyKidd Well-Known Member

Rick and Morty.

24. MikaelaArsenault

Elizabethtown. The movie you mean?

25. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Sultan Of Snark

Torchwood. BBC America ran a marathon a couple days ago, and I'm pushing to keep space open on my DVR for whatever else I'm expecting. Wife & I just finished all the currently-free seasons of The Americans on Amazon Prime, so now we can go to the downstairs TiVo, and start on the most recent season, whch just wrapped up on FX.

It's complicated, but I do so love having two TiVos hooked up finally...and making series TV my bitch! :righton: