The last TV shows(s) you watched...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by progrocker71, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Vikings...

2. Ronm1

Ronm1 Forum Resident

Finished Season one & two of the
    X-files onto season three

Hawkeye and Maseman66 like this.
  3. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

iZombie: Pilot

Fun show from the creator of Veronica Mars.

4. Prophetzong

Prophetzong Forum Resident

The Americans

Maseman66 likes this.
  5. Maseman66

Maseman66 Forum Resident

I'm getting into it as well. Just started Season 4. Love it.

DesertChaos likes this.
  6. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Veep (series 1) There were a few laugh out loud moments. The girl who plays her personal assistant is really good.

7. DesertChaos

DesertChaos Forum Resident

Blacklist

I think that's it for me. Spader's little schtick is good but it wears thin after a while, and the rest of the cast is pretty meh. I'd like to keep with it but it's just not making me want to. When the "Tom Keen" character has become more interesting than your main guy then you're in trouble.

8. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Grantchester. Weird episode about homosexuals being persecuted in the 50s.
    New Tricks. When Phil Davis turns up in a cameo you know the show is on it's last legs.
    Dr Blake Murder Mysteries. John Stanton (who played Prime Minister Malcolm Fraser in The Dismissal) is visiting a guy in a nursing home and says 'I hope I die before I get like that' on the day the real Malcolm Fraser died.

9. Michael

Shark Tank...Vikings

10. Ronm1

Ronm1 Forum Resident

Longmire season one
    Liked this one a lot.

11. DesertChaos

Walking Dead

50 minutes of nothing for 50 seconds (at best) of interest. Sorry but after this season I think I have had plenty, it's just become too much of a boring formula - several dull episodes where little happens followed by a quick splash of action and a death...worked a few times but not anymore.

Michael likes this.
  12. AztecChimera

AztecChimera Forum Resident

Boardwalk Empire.

Now watching NCAA basketball tournament.

13. Roninblues

Roninblues 猿も木から落ちる。

Deadwood - Season 2

Maseman66 likes this.
  14. ralphb

ralphb "First they came for..."

Looking - Season 2 finale. Still the best show on television that nobody is watching. Beautifully filmed, soulful, meandering and very real. Supposedly HBO is supportive of the show despite the ratings. Fingers crossed for a third season.

15. rhubarb9999

rhubarb9999 Forum Resident

That Metal Show

16. Michael

Vikings...love this show.

17. Michael

the finale preview looks good.

18. DesertChaos

Yeah, but if they can't make a season finale look good and enticing then they're really in trouble! It's one of these things I want to give up on but I probably won't, and it's gonna frustrate me to no end.

Michael likes this.
  19. Michael

don't let it! just go with the flow as it's only a TV that has had a good run so far...they all can't be killer shows that's how I look at it...I enjoy some of the characters very much and I'm glad it's still running.

DesertChaos likes this.
  20. DesertChaos

Well maybe not quite yet, but sooner or later if they don't come to some kind of end-game for the show then it's almost inevitable that they'll "jump the shark" and then it's too late to make a really decent end to the show. I'd like them to end a little early and leave me wanting more, not less.

Michael likes this.
  21. joefont

joefont Senior Member

Just now finished watching an episode of Doc Martin.

Hawkeye, EdgardV and DesertChaos like this.
  22. Michael

if that works for you that's cool, but I'm enjoying it all...especially since most of the characters are gone that I disliked...the present cast is fine by me.

23. DesertChaos

In an odd way maybe I can see a parallel between Rick and Walter White (Breaking Bad)...Rick the cop turning into a zombie-world scarface, doing all he can to survive and take care for his (extended) family.

Michael likes this.
  24. EdgardV

EdgardV ®

There's a new broadcast station that plays marathons of old programs. They were showing a really old one from the early 60's "The Naked City." Watched a number of episodes and really enjoyed them.

Michael likes this.
  25. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Senior Member

I just streamed 2 episodes of Garfunkle and Oates on Netflix. I..........don't know what to think. :confused: