The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson...Craig leaving Show*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MRamble, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

He's a funny guy.

2. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Indeed:

Dukes Travels likes this.
  3. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Oh cool, I was worried for a second there that the new host might not be another white male.

progrocker71 likes this.
  4. Rufus McDufus

Rufus McDufus Forum Resident

I'm sorry to say, you're welcome to Mr Corden.

5. Dukes Travels

Dukes Travels Forum Resident

Christ I thought the one he did with the England football team was good. This had me in tears. :laugh:

6. OldSoul

OldSoul Don't you hear the wind blowin'?

Named Jimmy/James.

7. OldSoul

8. thesisinbold

thesisinbold Forum Resident

Has there ever been a better interviewer of women than Craig?

I hope to one day be able to talk to women like he does.

Standoffish, bluesbro and stumpy like this.
  9. stumpy

stumpy Forum Resident

The only thing I ever learned to like about Ferguson was the quick wit. Which the mystery man behind Geoff 's voices can equal more than half the time. He does great conversations with women, as do just about all gay/bi men. I couldn't watch him when he was dressing up as ugly women or Prince Charles in the shows previous form. It's hard to even put up now with the seriously lame intros to tweets and emails. It's a damn shame it's got to end, but I must agree with him - he's taken the hour-long talk show thing about as far as it can go. I'll be surprised if he ever comes back half as strong. Sorry for the negativity.

10. OldSoul

I agree, the show went downhill. I've stopped watching, pretty much. I just watch Seth, if I'm up.
    *Pretty sure Craig isn't bi, btw. Definitely not gay. Just saying.

11. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Oh Christ I'll do whatever it takes to get him back to England! First born? Second born? Record collection? Anything! :)

When I left England I thought I had escaped him forever. If he makes it big in the US it'll be almost impossible to escape seeing his mug all over the place.

12. stumpy

stumpy Forum Resident

I know he's played that card to the max, but it was only 2 or 3 weeks ago where he went farther than I ever thought he would. He shocked me and his audience (crickets) with an admission that could, I suppose, be just as true as not. I hesitate to even type it here as I don't want anybody to think it matters one way or another to me... so I won't. Let's just say it didn't lend itself to the career of a future prime-time comedian. One that expects employment until December.

13. OldSoul

Well, now I'm curious. Could you tell me which episode? Or DM it?

14. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

From the article, the first thing I had thought of when I read your post:
    <<For Ferguson, the shift to syndication will require some tailoring of his unique brand of yucks for a broader audience in an earlier time period and in a 30-minute format vs. an hour for “Late Late Show.” For Tribune, the move to recruit a marquee name is a sign that the company, under the leadership of network and cable programming vet Peter Liguori, is intent on using its formidable reach to be a bigger player and to shake up the conventions of local station programming outside of primetime.>>

Ya think? He'll really have to reign things in! (Big fan, by the way, despite his apparent lack of a "self-edit" button.)

15. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

So what occurred?

16. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I'd like to know as well.

17. OldSoul

That's not true, though. Did you watch him when he first started the show? He totally has a self-edit button, he just stopped using it, at some point.

18. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

I may not have seen "the beginning," but I was probably onboard by week two or three, and he's been bleeped with regularity -- albeit, increasing regularity -- right along, IIRC, never mind the glaringly obvious double entendres.

19. OldSoul

Hmm Whenever I see old stuff, he barely curses at all. I even remember him apologizing for cursing.

20. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

+3.

Most of the August shows are up on youtube without ads. Who was the notable guest that night.

21. detroit muscle

detroit muscle MIA

An Englishman taking a Scotsman's job! There will be questions in the Scottish Parliament! :laugh:;)

Standoffish likes this.
  22. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Suffice it to say you've piqued our curiosity. Care to elaborate a bit more @stumpy?

OldSoul likes this.
  23. stumpy

stumpy Forum Resident

OK, but the build up won't match the answer. This was back when that kid got stuck in the giant va*ina sculpture that had just been installed somewhere overseas(?) a few weeks before. He had to have emergency workers lube up his legs to get him un-stuck. So you already know where the discussion is going. Anyway, some back and forth between Craig and Geoff. I can't remember the exact wording of their discussion but it led to Craig admitting that he likes him some va*ina and also some "*****" now and then, too. Just as clear as that, but he wasted no time in cutting to a break. He had that look on his face when he's gone a little too far on a joke and knows it. That's it!

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  24. OldSoul

Hmm... I guess that is a bit more than his usual, "A few times in the '80s..." but I still don't know if I'd take it to heart. Definitely wouldn't shock me if I heard it.

25. stumpy

stumpy Forum Resident

It just surprised me, as he's been so close to that line without crossing it so many times before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.