The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson...Craig leaving Show*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MRamble, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cathandler

cathandler Hyperactive!

And now CraigyFerg's half-hour talk show isn't going to happen. Can't say I'm surprised, but at least Celebrity Name Game has been renewed for a second season.

2. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

C'mon, Julie Chen is married to the President of CBS, the show is taped on the West Coast, did you NOT see this coming?!?

footlooseman likes this.
  3. junk

junk Hellion

4. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Yeah, I tuned in for a few minutes and was surprised at how akward and uninteresting it was. I wish they'd just continue to show reruns of Craig.

junk, rburly, mrjinks and 2 others like this.
  5. EdgardV

EdgardV ®

The only part of Craig Ferguson I liked was when he would occasionally introduce puppets into the pre-show intro. Found it creative and clever. In the rest of his show he may have had occasional good moments, but most of it was sophomoric, repetitive and predictable IMHO. I will give him credit for attempting to be different than the standard late night formula, but I guess the execution didn't work for me.

6. chacha

When it was great it was terrific but there were many times recently when it was all ***** jokes and the like. Which is surprising because he and Josh are so smart but I guess they just got lazy.

OldSoul and EdgardV like this.
  7. junk

junk Hellion

Well...I guess that's the end of that...
    Hmmm....Seth Meyers is pretty good sometimes.

8. chacha

I think Seth is a good interviewer and is clearly a really nice guy but I don't find him interesting.

EdgardV and MLutthans like this.
  9. junk

junk Hellion

Still way better than The Talk. No doubt about it.

10. darkmass

darkmass Forum Resident

I've stumbled into The Talk a few times...nothing going on there and it's pretty vapid for a person, like me, not a member of The Talk demographic.

On the other hand, I stopped DVR'ing Seth Meyers something like six months ago. Maybe he's changed, and I hope he has, but he was making me cringe more and more as his show went on. He wasn't getting better, if anything he was actively getting worse. Not to mention his show was becoming an alternative home for SNL members.

If I accidentally see The Talk for a few minutes, I can turn the dial away from it unscathed, and just think it's not my thing. If I watched Seth Meyers for the same length of time, I'd feel like I wanted to burn NBC down to ashes.

rburly likes this.
  11. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

Geez, this "The Talk" stuff just sucks. People actually watch this?

footlooseman and junk like this.
  12. chacha

It's a really bizarre network choice for this slot.

footlooseman, junk and MLutthans like this.
  13. junk

junk Hellion

Epic fail.

14. junk

junk Hellion

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  15. Chip TRG

Chip TRG Senior Member

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Sources.........NOW!

16. cathandler

cathandler Hyperactive!

17. EndOfTheRainbow

EndOfTheRainbow I Want To See the Bright Lights Tonight

I hate that he didn't get the Late show, instead of Colbert, I think Craig would have been better...

bluesbro likes this.
  18. footlooseman

footlooseman Forum Resident

Craig would have been a better inteviewer but he never would have gotten it because he wasnt american and americans can't relate to non-americans and he would have been forever in third place, ,colbert is really smart and witty and i look froward to watching him. thank god we will have have one educated adult

19. Chip TRG

Chip TRG Senior Member

footlooseman and rburly like this.
  20. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

I miss it. The last show was great.

footlooseman likes this.
  21. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Yeah, you'd think they would want to be building anticipation and/or an audience for when the other guy starts hosting Late Late Show in a couple months.

Instead, it's like they've decided that "Judge Judy" would be a great replacement for Jon Stewart's Daily Show. It just doesn't fit ... AT ALL!

chacha and footlooseman like this.
  22. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Aisha Tyler! :D

BZync likes this.
  23. cathandler

cathandler Hyperactive!

I don't think he was interested in the gig; he gave every indication that he was tiring of the late-night grind, which would have been even more of a grind in the Letterman time slot.

junk likes this.
  24. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

Plus, he gets $20M for not being allowed to take over for Letterman.

junk likes this.
  25. EndOfTheRainbow

EndOfTheRainbow I Want To See the Bright Lights Tonight

I like Colbert and it will be fun to see what he does with the show, but my sense of humor runs to the absurd, and I think Craig leans that way a bit more....One of my favorite skits EVER was the puppets doing the Goat Herder song from the sound of music..
    I haven't heard about the 20M part though (if he isn't allowed to take over for L, sounds like an easy 20 M if true !! reminds me of our agriculture subsidies where you can get paid for not doing something)
    For me (jmo) I have always preferred Jon Stewart to Colbert (though I have always loved "The Word" on Colbert, but I never found his "I am so self centered" part of Colbert's humor that entertaining, gets old).

footlooseman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.