The light is changing, time to bring out the analog camera!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Steve Hoffman, Aug 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carl Swanson

Carl Swanson Senior Member

Sun's lower in the sky, therefore the light is seen through a thicker layer of atmosphere . . . and whatever is included in that term. Not to mention that the light is hitting everything at a different angle.

2. erniebert

erniebert Shoe-string audiophile

I want twig pics.

3. Ere

Ere Senior Member

Hi Sal and welcome to the forum!
    The spot in my basement where the Beseler was set up has for some years now been the home of a Marantz 2265 and Technics 1200 turntable. Donated the enlarger and accessories to a friend's son's high school art department. Strictly scans from my old negs and Adobe Lightroom now. While listening to the Marantz.
    Sorry!

4. wcarroll

wcarroll Senior Member

Just read through this seven year old thread and most still applies today. Even the time of year lines up with today... Time to pull out the Leica M3 and do some shooting. In Louisiana, it's not just the light change. It's the temperature and humidity drop that makes me want to get out an take some photos!

Solaris and IanL like this.
  5. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

Remember these? Any place still do same-day film processing?

[​IMG]

wcarroll likes this.
  6. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight

Yes, agreed. I had a fashion shoot last weekend for a local company and I made everyone get up in the middle of the night so we could shoot at dawn. The light was gorgeous, the temperature was perfect, and I resolved to shoot outside as much as possible for the next few months. And I must remember to shoot some film.

wcarroll likes this.
  7. JBStephens

JBStephens I don't "like", "share", "tweet", or CARE. In Memoriam

I worked for Ritz Camera in the 80's, doing film processing. We didn't do anything but C-41. Oddball formats like 126 were okay, but man, 110 sucked.

8. wcarroll

wcarroll Senior Member

Exactly! Film is where it's at for me right now. Just bought some 35mm Tri-X, some Fuji instant pack film, and have a box of the NEW55 instant 4x5 too.

9. Solaris

I pledged on their Kickstarter way back so I'm waiting to get my sheets in from that. I've got most of a box of old 55 in my fridge that I'm slowly shooting my way through, and plan to buy some more off ebay soon.

wcarroll likes this.
  10. wcarroll

wcarroll Senior Member

It's been a rocky road for the NEW55 team, but those guys are determined to be successful. I haven't received my Kickstarter reward from them yet; the box I have is one that was purchased outright. There's a full box and another partial box of original Polaroid 55 in my refrigerator. Have you seen what 55 goes for on eBay? But, what a great film it is/was!

11. Solaris

I got a good deal on a box that had 19 sheets, something in the $150 range if I recall. I stay on the look out for bargains. Someone in a Polaroid 55 group I'm in on Facebook posted scans from sheets he recently shot from a box with an expiration date of sometime in the 60s. That 55 is sturdy stuff!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.