The Lone Ranger Movie By Disney

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Mirrorblade.1, Jun 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

nice to hear some positive input for a change!:)

2. Paul Saldana

Paul Saldana jazz vinyl addict

The Tourist was decent.

3. Paul Saldana

Paul Saldana jazz vinyl addict

Pacific Rim

4. Michael

yes, yes...I forgot that one...just bought a used copy for a buck recently...we enjoyed it very much!

5. Michelle66

Michelle66 Senior Member

Yeah, that's the one.

Wasn't my cup of tea.

6. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Not at all. I love all kinds of movies. I wasn't alone in hating Lone Ranger. I thought it was a huge, stinking pile of wretched excess where they threw tons of stunts and effects in, desperately trying to make it seem more modern and more exciting.

The basic story of Lone Ranger wasn't bad -- just the idea of a guy ambushed and forced to come back as a masked lawman. I get that. It's the everything else dumped on top of it that I think hurt the movie. Johnny Depp's bizarre performance didn't help, almost like he wandered in, stoned out of his mind, from another movie.

I think the movie is profoundly bad on many different levels. You're welcome to think it's good, but you might have a different opinion if you'd paid $10 a seat plus parking plus snacks to sit in the theater for 150 minutes of total BS.

7. Michael

since Johnny took on the Keith Richards on double acid thingy he's been boring. BUT, we like the movie for what it was, and yes if I paid for 2 ppl to see it in the theater I would have liked it just as much. I just don't look for the worst in everything...this seems to be so popular these days....one goes into a movie knowing the plot, the director, the actors, etc....shouldn't that be a warning if you feel it's going to suck? Why bitch about it after...you were warned.:D

8. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

man anybody that buys concessions at the theater anymore only has themselves to blame

9. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Eh, I'm usually good for just an Icee, and when I'm really going wild, I'll grab a small popcorn as well. I think that costs... what, $27 or something for the two?

mikeyt likes this.
  10. I have to have my popcorn!!

Seriously, I still haven't see this yet although I keep thinking it can't be that bad but then I remember what was done to The Wild, Wild West.

11. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

This is worse than Wild Wild West.

12. Bender Rodriguez

Bender Rodriguez RIP Exene, best dog ever. 2005-2016

And thanks to this bomb it'll probably be years before we see another Western on the big screen.

13. Michael

I think it has nothing to do with it...Westerns have been absent on the big screen for years...

14. Michael

tell us how much you hated it!:laugh:

15. Bender Rodriguez

Bender Rodriguez RIP Exene, best dog ever. 2005-2016

There have been some, the Coens' True Grit, and Tarantino's Django Unchained to name two, but not very many.

Vidiot likes this.
  16. Michael

yes, both excellent!

17. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

You got an hour?

Both of those are very good films, IMHO.

Bender Rodriguez likes this.
  18. Michael

sure, I'm all ears.;)

19. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

I thought I knew most of Arnold's filmography, but I had never even heard of The Villain until just recently.... so I tracked down a copy and gave it a look. Unfortunately the only DVD release is a full-screen edition, but I doubt that seeing the film in its proper aspect ratio would have helped much anyway.... it was pretty cheesy. They certainly did go all-out with the Warner Bros vibe, though.... even though it made certain scenes completely nonsensical and illogical (eg. the "painting a tunnel on a rock wall" bit).
    :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.