The Lynyrd Skynyrd Album by Album Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Rose River Bear, Jan 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Yes, please!

Glad to see this being brought up. I was going to ask about this after we got into the album. They recorded multiple nights so....if the tapes can be salvaged spare no expense & get it done!

four sticks likes this.
  2. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

Now that the thread has moved into the Steve Gaines era. I have two photos to share:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hutch, pscreed, Teflon and 3 others like this.
  3. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Ed just posted on Facebook, after a fan sent this to him. He's so proud, he's about to pop. :laugh:

[​IMG]

Gary and Rose River Bear like this.
  4. Rose River Bear

Rose River Bear Senior Member Thread Starter

I hope the state got Ed's permission first. ;)

John Fell likes this.
  5. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

" I get $236 per month over 5 years! $7+ per day? There IS SUCH A THING as s FREE LUNCH. "

Rose River Bear likes this.
  6. frank3si

frank3si Forum Resident

And today is Steve Marriott's birthday! btw, not to go toooo far off on a Pie tangent, but I think the first three songs on the In Concert CD from King Biscuit with Clem on lead gives the Fillmore box stuff a run for the money. What a killer 10-15 minutes of hard rockin' opening:

1. Up Your Sleeves
    2. 4 Day Creep
    3. C'mon Everybody

John Fell and clhboa like this.
  7. Rose River Bear

Rose River Bear Senior Member Thread Starter

Thanks for the reminder. He would have been 68 if I am counting correctly.

frank3si likes this.
  8. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

The plane crash happened on October 20th the year of my 10th birthday. It's not just my birthday anymore. Yeah, do the math. I'm not exactly young. Macabre or not, I think about that every year at least once. What they did before that date is among my favorite music. One of those tragedies that in the end makes you kind of immortal. Still, I wish they were still here and the crash never happened. Maybe they would have burned out and faded anyway. Maybe not. This band essentially died on my 10th birthday. I still think about that every time I turn a year older. What a strange association. But there it is.

Gary, Rose River Bear and Myke like this.
  9. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.