The McCartney Years dvd coming up

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by peerke, Aug 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peerke

peerke Senior Member Thread Starter

Amazon.com lists 12 November 2007 as the release date:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Paul-McCart...2-1009457?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1187170124&sr=1-2

And Mirror.com knows it 'll be a 3 dvd set.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/showbiz/3am/2007/08/15/paul-mccartneye-89520-19631759/

Paul McCartn-eye
    PLANS TO RENAME LONDON EYE AFTER BEATLE MACCA
    15/08/2007

Sir Paul McCartney

More 3am
    Have your say: 3am forum
    Article: McCartney's over split
    He's spent most of his life in the public eye but Sir Paul McCartney now has his sights set on something truly revolutionary.

Because we can exclusively reveal that the London Eye could be renamed the McCartney Eye.

No, wheelly!

Advertisement
    Macca's camp want to sensationally rename the landmark to coincide with the release of The McCartney Years DVD in November. The much-hyped three-disc DVD will be an anthology spanning Macca's vast musical career.

Serious talks are now taking place between Macca's people and the Eye about a one-off collaboration.

Says our impeccable source: "The whole idea came together after a series of meetings in Macca HQ.

"The artwork for the DVD cover is a stylised close-up of Sir Paul's eye - and that got the team thinking.

"It occurred to them that the other most famous eye in the world was, of course, the London Eye and they immediately tried to work together." It's understood that as well as renaming the Eye for a one-off period, the DVD artwork could also be beamed on to the attraction.

We reckon tourists would flock to see Macca's 65-year-old eye projected on to the wheel - as it will probably be the only time the London Eye will have bags under it. (Only joshing Macca!)

Our source added: "If it goes ahead, it will be a massive boost for Macca to be associated with one of the most well-known attractions in London. "It's ambitious but his people are determined to make it happen and Sir Paul may even perform a one-off show in one of the pods to make it even more special."

Well, he was no stranger to getting high when he was a Beatle. At least this time it'll all be legal.

It would certainly be one of the more unusual venues he has played in.

Standing 443ft tall above the South Bank, it has views to die for - and is Britain's most popular visitor attraction with 3.5 million people going on it every year. Our source adds: "Macca loves London and to be the face and name of the Eye - albeit just for a short time - would be a massive honour that he would cherish."

The DVD promises to be one of the most comprehensive collections of music and recordings ever compiled - and all digitally remastered.

There's already a massive buzz surrounding it, with thousands of fans ordering their copies already.

2. jl151080

jl151080 Senior Member

This sounds like a great release. 3 DVD's too, so it should be pretty comprehensive.

I remember McCartney being asked whether he would release a DVD of his videos c. 2001, and he replied that 'it wasn't the right time' for such a product. I'm glad the time is right now!

3. The Keymaster

The Keymaster Forum Resident

This sounds pretty phenomenal. Does anyone have a track listing, or a rough idea of what will be included?

4. Macca

Macca R'kid

This is great news! So this is the DVD that will contain the videos?

5. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I'll believe this DVD when I see it! Could be great if it does exist...

6. white wolf

white wolf Forum Resident

Probably videos like we saw with anthology, with someone doing a talk over in the middle of most of them.

7. Mike Dow

Mike Dow I kind of like the music

It seems a bit silly to consider renaming The London Eye (even if it is Paul) but the DVD set sounds like it could be excellent if they do it right.

I guess this means we will not be seeing a "Let It Be" or "Help!" DVD this year.

8. Jack Son #9 Dream

Jack Son #9 Dream lofi hip hop is good

I don't mind waiting for those a little longer, as long as we get this 3-disc Macca set real soon.
    :thumbsup:

9. Jose Jones

Jose Jones Outstanding Forum Member

Hopefully not like his latest in-concert DVD---wasn't that one ruined by constant voice-overs fawning over Sir Paul? After I heard that, I refused to buy it.

10. 905

905 Senior Member

Or remastered CD's. :p

11. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

NOOOOOOOOO!~:rant: :yikes:

12. Claudio Dirani

Claudio Dirani A Fly On Apple's Wall

Why not?
    I don't see this as an obstacle.
    If you look back a few years in time, you'll see that in 1999 we had Run Devil Run, Working Classical, Ringo's I Wanna Be A Santa Claus and the Yellow Submarine's Songtrack album and DVD.

13. Claudio Dirani

Me too, but the New Yorker article pointed out that Paul had been putting the final touches on the DVDs around June.

14. vince

"HELP!" better be coming out! I mean, don't get me wrong. I'll buy this, too. I never bought "Wingspan" so I'll be interested to know if there is any overlap.

15. Claudio Dirani

Why didn't you get Wingspan?
    Lots of unseen footage and cool Paul performances on acoustics.
    Also, included the never before released Rockestra Theme video as a bonus.

16. mark f.

mark f. Senior Member

I really like Wingspan. Not so much for complete concert or video footage but it's a nice DVD. On TV I didn't think it was so hot for some reason.

17. Claudio Dirani

Simply because it was rather incomplete; heavily edited to fit on the TV programming. And I believe that an already short documentary that got this treatment for tv could only turn out as unfinished and shallow as it went down.
    On the DVD, it's a load better, imho.

18. Anthology123

Anthology123 Senior Member

Does anybody have a comprehensive list of all of Maccas official music videos (not counting JPM or WOW)

19. Claudio Dirani

20. badfingerjoe

badfingerjoe Senior Member

A really nice feature in the old Wings Club Sandwich was an ongoing article done by Mark Lewisohn detailing all of Pauls promo videos..it started at the beginning of his videos and went on for some time...he did a great job describing each version if more than one clip was done for any given song....gotta go back and check his list out...there were a lot!

JF

21. What about the James Paul McCartney and Back to the Egg TV specials? I hope they get their due coverage. Or, better yet, an official release of the One Hand Clapping footage!

22. music4life

music4life Senior Member

If "Rockshow" is on this, Im buying!

23. vince

Was "Rockestra Theme" from the Concert for Kampuchea?

24. Spadeygrove

Spadeygrove Senior Member

Yes, the Rockestra theme was played at the Concert For Kampuchea but the clip used in the Wingspan DVD is a series of clips from the studio sessions for the song. Cool footage of Pete Townshend, Jimmy Page, John Bonham and Minnie Moore.

25. Claudio Dirani

It seems this is going to be a promo videos-only release. Not live shows included.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.