THE MEANING, FEELING AND EXPERIENCE } in music and the matters; how or why you listen to that music?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by HDOM, Jun 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HDOM

HDOM Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Good day;

i have some feelings :candy:

you see i wonder somethings that i guess are in some kind f way relate, let see how i put it:

many people even i are sometimes looking for the better quality cd or remaster:

but is it not the way you listen to the music and how and even more is it not the feeling or the meaning of the music, and not how detail or twisted it sound :magoo:

ok let see:

you want top class quipment or a big speaker to listen to heavy metal or reaggaeton music,

but why do people use to listen to music that i feel it have no meaning, that even gets headache;

ok everyone have some music taste, but it is that because stressful society makes them listen to that,

also is it not better to listen to a vinyl even cheap one in a calm place than to listen to expensive vinyls in a home there kids scream and there the wife puts barks on you all the time, with problems when you listen to your favorite music, or maybe it doenst matter if it is regaetton, heavey metal, rap ot something like that;

should not we even forget stressful, or meaningless music and get a new way of living?

what is the meaning of listen, how you listen to the music and do you hear the words the singer sings? or foul language doens matter to you;

what had happen to the world today, people get crazy with music like idol, eurovision etc but why i feel these music is like "circus" and it can not compare to the meaning of old music, like music from the 50's :)

i wrote much so maybe you can get my feelings, so we can discuss if you want

Sincerely Adios :sigh:

Humbler likes this.
  2. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

Um...I’m trying to get your feelings, all right...but that “the wife puts barks on you” stops me in hysterics, every time.

3. Mark B.

Mark B. Forum Resident

When the wife puts rhe barks on me, that's when I reach for the headphones.

4. Bigbudukks

Bigbudukks Older, but no wiser.

I'll tell you, music mystifies me. Why do I listen to it? I listen because it evokes emotions that compel me to stop everything else, and yet I still don't even know why. It's just a bunch of sound, right? Why does it do these things to us?

For me the words are usually second to the music itself, but the music is still always of great importance. The funny thing is, I can still hear music on the worst of equipment and still get a thrill. I made a point of getting equipment over the years that is far above the average equipment, but it isn't absolutely necessary to have great equipment. I enjoyed music when I was a child on really bad stereos, but the music was still thrilling.

Why? Because it made my ears and my brain feel like they were in love, that's why. I don't know how, but that's how it was, and still is.

HDOM and JimSpark like this.
  5. HDOM

good technique

6. HDOM

i understand your feelings;

thats it !

music is like friends, the best magic :angel:

"Musical Harmony also is not destitute of the gifts of the Stars; for it is a most powerful imaginer of all things, which whilst it follows opportunely the Celestial bodies, doth wonderfully allure the Celestial influence, and doth change the affections, intentions, gestures, motions, actions and dispositions of all the hearers, and doth quietly allure them to its own properties, as to gladness, lamentation, to boldness, or rest, and the like; also it allures Beasts, Serpents, Birds, Dolphins to the hearing of its pleasant tunes."

"Moreover we shall not dent, that there is in Sounds a vertue to receive the heavenly gifts; if with Pythagoras and Plato we thought the heavens to consist by an Harmonial composition, and to rule and cause all things by Harmonial tones and motions: Singing can do more then the sound of an Instrument, in as much as it arising by an Harmonial consent, from the conceit of the minde, and imperious affection of the phantasie [phantasy] and heart, easily penetrateth by motion, with the refracted and well tempered Air, the aerious spirit of the hearer, which is the bond of soul and body; and transferring the affection and minde of the Singer with it, It moveth the affection of the hearer by his affection, and the hearers phantasie by his phantasie, and minde by his minde, and striketh the minde, and striketh the heart, and pierceth even to the inwards of the soul, and by little and little, infuseth even dispositions: moreover it moveth and stoppeth the members and the humors of the body."

Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa: Occult Philosophy. Book II. (Part 3)

i had listen to so much hi-res musicand all so clean but no piano music can beat this old piano music; listening this music i made in my youtube channel in a night rain can nothing beat it :love:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.