The Mentalist - any fans?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by bencasey, Oct 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Anyone else watching tonight? Somewhat interesting case so far. Also a lot of humor between Jane and Lisbon. He is definitely up to something.

2. rockclassics

The second half got real interesting. Definitely worth watching.

3. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

Doesn't seem plausible to me.

4. Atmospheric

Atmospheric Forum Resident

What a sappy way to end this season. I've just jumped off the bus. These writers should hand in their Screenwriters Guild membership cards.

5. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

The whole show for about 5 seasons has been poo.
    Jane acting like child and solving boring and stupid cases.
    If want child like behavior in tv characters.
    I rather watch Psych reruns.

And writers should go work at taco bell were they can less harm.

Atmospheric likes this.
  6. rockclassics

The end of last night's episode did have some holes in it. For example, how did he get through security and make it to the gate without a ticket or FBI ID. But then he gets stopped at the gate? How did he get on to the runway to jump the fence and run out to the plane? Since when are planes boarded via steps and not the mobile ramp from the terminal to the plane. I am sure some smaller airports still use steps, but this is supposedly Houston Texas and a flight going to Washington DC? And once on the plane, he tells the flight attendent he is FBI?

Yeah, I know, they had to make it work for the dramatic scene on the plane. After that, the story ran out of steam pretty quick.

7. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

She got off the plane. I'm sorry-was this the finale to The Mentalist or Friends?

8. marcb

marcb Senior Member

1) Maybe I'm wrong, but wasn't he stopped at security because he didn't have his ID -- and then he went outside the terminal and climbed the fence? I don't recall him making it to the gate.
    2) Get on the runway to climb the fence? Wasn't the other way around -- climb the fence to get on the runway? And before you say that couldn't happen, the kid that recently stowed away from San Jose to Hawaii did just that.
    3) LOTS of planes at major airports (Dulles, San Diego, LAX, Phila are just a few off the top of my head I can recall doing so recently) are boarded outside via steps. Now it's often smaller ~50-70 seat short haul commuter flights, but the concept is not at all uncommon.

Steve Hoffman likes this.
  9. Splungeworthy

It's pretty cool that they left in Simon Baker's limping take as he ran to the plane, because he really did sprain his ankle. That's real dedication (or love)!

rockclassics likes this.
  10. rockclassics

Thanks for the info. ,Johnny Carson Voice>I did not know that.</Johnny Carson Voice>

11. rockclassics

1- I saw where he got stopped by security but it appeared to be at the gate where they were taking tickets and the door to get on the plane seemed to be right there. I was expecting he never would have made it through the TSA security before getting to the gates.

2 - Points taken.

3 - Ok - I thought most all were via the mobile walkway and not via steps on the runway due security requirements. t just didn't make sense to me that a major airport like Miami of wherever they were would have planes being boarded via steps - but I guess it does happen.

12. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

Last night's episode was highly entertaining - writers, I guess, now unencumbered by any long-running story-line expectations, these 'final' episodes are more entertaining, better character development, streamlined cast, new ingenue cast member, all exhibiting what the show could be = fun.

bababooey likes this.
  13. rjp

rjp Senior Member

agree 100%,

and i love vega!

14. AJH

AJH Senior Member

I don't honestly know the reason, but I agree- a very enjoyable episode. Maybe the writers just needed time to adjust to Jane's new FBI situation, or Red John no longer being there to motivate Jane.

15. The Wanderer

And Wednesday at 8 P.M. works quite nicely

16. The Wanderer

Had The Mentalist's regular timeslot been 8 P.M. Wednesday's versus some time unknown after 10 P.M. on Sunday's, the outcome for the show might have been different.

And sadly, the writers now seem to have gotten their act together and found their groove.

forthlin likes this.
  17. AJH

AJH Senior Member

I agree. That Sunday timeslot, along with last season's writing, was the kiss of death.

rockclassics likes this.
  18. The Wanderer

Maybe, if anyone finds it, ratings will improve.

19. rockclassics

Doesn't really matter now. Too little....Too late.

20. Splungeworthy

Very unusual to give an ending show a better timeslot-it actually shows that the network respects the quality of the work The Mentalist has exhibited over the years. And we're finally getting some actual affection between Jane and Lisbon. I don't see them riding off into the sunset as Jane would want however.

21. The Wanderer

I understand futility - but it is one of the few shows I enjoy - more so now.

22. The Wanderer

Another fun, unencumbered interesting episode, The Mentalist ending on a High Note!

(Lisbon telling Jane nose-to-nose "I Love You")

23. seacliffe301

seacliffe301 Forum Resident

I couldn't agree more. That Sunday night time slot, with all the inherent delays, made it impossible to keep up on.
    CBS should have figured this out long ago. This was a good show that deserved a better opportunity to survive.

24. The Wanderer

Sadly, so very true - every Wednesday, reliably at 8 P.M. = Perfect!

25. rjp

rjp Senior Member

I really hope this ends on a high note........I have concerns :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.