The Mentalist - any fans?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by bencasey, Oct 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LouReed9

LouReed9 Village Idiot

Exactly. It's what makes him tick. If the Red John thing ended his conflict would be resolved and that would be the end basically.

Ever notice every episode has red in the title? Or a shade of red like crimson.

2. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Yes that is a good point. I just hope it doesn't turn into a cliche sort of thing where they pull it out everytime they run out of ideas or stretch it out too long.

Eddie

3. Karnak

Karnak "81, 82, 83, 84..."

The short put down Bosco gave Jane in the first episode shows me that the new arrival is not just another envious knuckle-dragging rival. That kind of antagonism could be interesting for the show as long as they don't make B. into a cardboard cutout. Kang's dry wit is also good. As for Tunney, she was sexier in Hollywoodland, and I have a sneaking suspicion those ubiquitous blue jeans hide spindly legs.

4. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I love Psych! Especially the frequent good natured jabs at The Mentalist. He does that in those promo's he did for the Monk show as well.

"He's probably the second most observant person I know. Third if you count The Mentalist".

5. darkmatter

darkmatter Gort Astronomer Staff

:agree:

Just getting into it here, an excellent show :)

6. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

Not enjoying this season as much as the last. I'm finding myself nodding off more halfway through.

I think the novelty has worn off a bit. Plus the RedJohn aspect is starting to break the bounds of all sense.

This uber killer that doesnt make any sense whatsoever.

7. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

So far not in love with the new boss but still enjoying Simon

8. nosticker

nosticker Forum Guy

Not as good as the first season, but still enjoyable. Cho is an excellent character, terse and snarky. Thing I learned from The Mentalist: if you really want someone's true reaction to a question, hit them with it out of the blue: "Hi, I'm Patrick Jane of the CBI. Did you kill your daughter?" :)

Dan

9. Marty Milton

Marty Milton Senior Member

I am not a fan of the new boss, either. It seems the producers are tying to manufacture some friction and conflict, without any real need to, IMO.

10. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

Enjoy this show but the new sharp-edged boss, the uneven scripts and the repeats are destroying the continuity for me.

Cho is a great character, played just right.

11. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

A couple dud episodes this season has me worried. Hopefully it will get back on track.

12. Batigol

Batigol Active Member

Cho is Sgt Joe Friday reincarnated. When ever he interrogates someone it cracks me up every time because of the similarities. lol

13. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

I think they need to bring that story line to a close.

Eddie

14. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

Yeah you have this super smart, master of disguise, uber killer that can infiltrate anywhere, no matter what the security, avoid all forms of surveillance and even break into computer systems to change it all etc. etc. and yet all he does is kill nobodys in a gruesome way to tick Jane off.:shake:

Plot holes anyone?

15. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

It was a good devise to explain why Jane got into the crime solving business initially - revenge - but I agree this story line should be wrapped up. Frankly, I don't like the aspects of the show where the personal lives (and problems) of the characters overflow into (and dominate) the investigation part of the show (for example, Lisbon's affair with her old partner -the murdered agent who was Jane's nemesis - or her alcoholism.

I also agree about the new boss - bad idea. Manufactured friction amongst the characters - tinkering with the show when it really didn't need it.

Great characters and chemistry amongst them, though. I like this very show very much. It should easily be re-newed for another season.

16. Henry the Horse

Henry the Horse Active Member

:agree:

17. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Just sayin'. :love:

Attached Files:

18. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

Yes I have to say, if I'm watching Mentalist it's mainly due to her.:goodie:

Lovely, just womanly lovelyness.

19. shokhead

Attached Files:

20. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Amanda's been gaining weight this past year. I hope she slims back down. My wife said she looked pregnant in last week's episode. She's still hot, but definitely has a protruding abdomen as of late.

21. shokhead

I just saw her on a late night talk show. I didn't see any weight problems, belive me.

22. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

I like the fact she carries some curves. I mean compared to that walking toast rack Tunney...

23. Karnak

Tonight's episode was funny in places but way too light. Malcolm McDowell next week & a return to Red John? Sounds good to me.

24. bencasey

bencasey New Member Thread Starter

I normally adore just about every redhead but something about this one doesn't do it for me. I absolutely love Tunney though I agree she's too skinny. Beautiful face and eyes. Just something about her.

25. Karnak

Any thoughts on the season finale?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.