The Midnight Special (music show)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by lv70smusic, Sep 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

And I'm killing myself that I was so anxious to got the whole series at once that I called and instead of getting one volume at a time, I bought the while thing and I paid a heck of a lot more than that! Initially it was one of those subscription deals where you got one a month. $50 for the whole thing, if you love music, is a steal for all those performances imo.

2. carrick doone

carrick doone Whhhuuuutttt????

What a great, great guitar performance. And a great performance from the band overall. I get a rush watching it all these years later. You can even see Kevin Cronin smiling at what Gary is doing. That is the excitement that the show brought to me as a kid.

3. townsend

townsend Senior Member

Nobody can play like Gary does, but for the sake of a closeup view, here is a fine guitarist showing you some of Gary's magic:

4. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

They now have a Best Offer button, and I offered $35.00 all in, and they accepted. :bdance:

stereoptic likes this.
  5. BILLONEEG

BILLONEEG Senior Member

That was when the talent outweighed the special effects. My opinion.

Myke likes this.
  6. DarylB

DarylB Forum Resident

What company do you think should release Don Kirshner's Rock Concert on Dvd whenever it comes out?Maybe Eagle Rock Entertainment?

7. Song4U

Song4U Senior Member

I had to buy the ones featuring Olivia's performances. My avatar is a snap from one of those. :love:

8. townsend

townsend Senior Member

I really don't know which company should release it; but since I doubt it will ever come out, I don't think we have to fret over the issue. If I have to eat this post one day, I will gladly do it . . . hook, line, and sinker.

9. DarylB

DarylB Forum Resident

I think the biggest hold up is music rights clearances which is why I think the DKRC Dvd box set isn't released yet.It might be another decade when it does come out but I like to be proven wrong.

longdist01 likes this.
  10. Dirkwkirk

Dirkwkirk Forum Resident

Always watched that and Don Kirshner's show. Thing with Midnight Special sometimes the bands performed "live".

longdist01 likes this.
  11. Malina

Malina Forum Resident

I put together the complete 20 cd set new for 115 bucks, pretty reasonable considering used sets are going for more on Ebay.

12. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Gary owned it on that guitar!

Holy Diver likes this.
  13. townsend

townsend Senior Member

Wow. Just a blistering performance as I rewatch this video. Too bad the camera person fixated on zoomed in shots on Kevin's face while he was singing. I wonder why he didn't zoom in CLOSER!!

On Gary: here is an instructional video of his lead playing in Roll with the Changes. While there is only one Gary, who plays difficult leads effortlessly, this guitarist does an exceptional job and, more importantly, shows some of the skill and finesse required to play these lead lines. His name is Tom, I have corresponded with him, and he is a really nice guy and an fine player in his own right. For illustrative purposes only:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.