The most sought after "Director's Cuts" that are still lost

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by C6H12O6, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Slattery

James Slattery Forum Resident

Wasn't all of the deleted footage supposedly tossed out and not seen since the early 1940s? What is known of the parts that were cut? And wasn't the ending even more horrifying and gruesome than what they released?

2. James Slattery

James Slattery Forum Resident

I believe that the first version of the unreleased film, Billy Jack Goes to Washington, was almost 3 hours long. The DVD version which used to be sold via his website came in at just over an hour and a half. Since he owned all of his films, I wonder what would have become of them when he died. I know his wife had dementia and his children were selling off all of his belongings on ebay.

3. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

Couldn't Giles remix all the existing Lib footage into one steaming mashup?

paulisdead likes this.
  4. NightGoatToCairo

NightGoatToCairo Forum Resident

I'd like to see an HD release of The Godfather Saga, including the 3rd film all cut together in chronological order. I have it on Laserdisc and it makes a nice change from watching the normal trilogy.

paulisdead likes this.
  5. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

But that cut isn't lost because you own it on laserdisc.

NightGoatToCairo likes this.
  6. NightGoatToCairo

NightGoatToCairo Forum Resident

:hide:

Sorry, a typo! :sweating:What I meant to say was: I hope someone finds unused footage that wasn't used in a Beatles film and that gets a release :righton:
    Phew.

7. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight

They could have fixed that awful hard edit in the middle of the shot of the fake/real head of Ash on the table toward the end. It would have been easy to do that much more convincingly with a reverse shot between the fake and real parts, but even with the existing footage there's a better edit to be made. That one has always mystified me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.