The new Bear Family Killer Box Set!! The LOUISIANA HAYRIDE as it truly happened! Live recordings!!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Terje Morewood, Sep 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimi55

jimi55 Forum Resident

I just received the same email and delivery date. Hope it's here in Louisiana for Christmas!

2. HappyJack

HappyJack Forum Resident

I got my shipping notice too...December 21st.

3. EddieMann

EddieMann I used to be a king...

Me too...woo hoo!

4. Cousin It

Cousin It Senior Member

Mine shipped as well.Due Dec 19th.

5. Ben in Colorado

Ben in Colorado Forum Resident

Mine shipped. Due the 11th. Yee haw!

6. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

7. ZippyPippy

ZippyPippy Forum Resident

Mine's in NYC, which is great as it's a Christmas gift.

domcasmurro and Ben in Colorado like this.
  8. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

Still no movement on mine.
    Enjoy Yours!!
    Beave

ZippyPippy and Jimijam like this.
  9. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

I just recieved my set from BF Webshop. A stunning package and very heavy to. A beatiful book and the whole design is really special. Only dippef in a few tracks and it sounds surprisingly good. This set really seems to be one of a kind :)

10. darling

darling Senior Member

Why would Bear Family be angry if Amazon is taking a loss? They still get the wholesale price that Amazon agreed to pay, and are selling a whole lot more sets than they otherwise would.

Wait, who says they're deferring or reneging? They should fulfill their orders in the order they were received. Presumably, Amazon ordered X number of copies originally and maybe ordered more later...

If anything, this points to Bear Family underestimating demand and, with Amazon (probably) selling below their own cost, that's completely understandable.

RobCos02330 likes this.
  11. domcasmurro

domcasmurro Active Member

It will happen, don't worry... mine was shipped through DHL yesterday with delivery scheduled to happen next week (the fastest any Amazon package has ever gotten to Brazil!)

12. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

This rewiew describes this set as possesing a museum like quality. I can only agree -it a hard to overstate the amount of work that s behind it. Being a collector of boxed sets for decades I rarely seen anything like it
    Various Artists

ZippyPippy likes this.
  13. Jimijam

Jimijam Forum Resident

Me either beave... :(

14. The Beave

Its fine, I know I!l get it. I'm not worried.
    Now I did however get the consolation deal the SDE Rolling Stones Sticky Fingers box last night, so thgst and the Stones 'On Air' should keep .me going for awhile!
    Museum piece indeed!
    Beave

skydropco and domcasmurro like this.
  15. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Of course you ll get it and I can tell you it s worth the wait

skydropco likes this.
  16. DR.J

DR.J Forum Resident

I got my notice too: Dec 22. Probably won’t even listen to it till mid January. What a gift though. It will take me through all the dark months of the winter to get through. It will be explored deeply.

We live in miraculous times. We can bring culture, almost lost to history, into our house for very little money little money.

How funny a German label saved so much American culture. Thank You Bear Family Records for existing.

EddieMann, Mr. H, Bemagnus and 4 others like this.
  17. Terje Morewood

Terje Morewood Forum Resident Thread Starter

Would be great if they could start to produce the gran ole opry boxes as well

DR.J likes this.
  18. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

It sure would-even though I guess Louisiana Hayrides shows were a bit more eclectic than Gran ole opry.

19. DR.J

DR.J Forum Resident

That’s a great idea! Why hasn't that been done?

20. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

Because no one, not anywhere in the world, would do it but Bear Family. Maybe they will someday.

21. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Got his message in German. So I guess it will be shipped. (I wasn't going to buy it. But 20 Bear Family CDs for under $100 made me do it. :rolleyes:)

Good day,

We regret that your Amazon.com order (# 305-74xxxx) dated October 17, 2017 has been delayed. However, we have good news: Your order will be sent to you shortly! You should receive a shipping confirmation within one working day for the following items:
    Various "At the Louisiana Hayride Tonight"
    http://www.amazon.de/dp/B075K3K9RS

The shipping confirmation will include the updated estimated delivery date and a tracking number, if any.

Of course, if you pay by credit card or direct debit, your account will be charged only when the item (s) are shipped. You will then receive an e-mail with all information about shipping from us.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the delay.

(This is an automatically sent email, please do not reply to this letter as the email address is only for sending, but not for receiving emails.)

regards

Customer Service Amazon.de
    Amazon.de: Günstige Preise für Elektronik & Foto, Filme, Musik, Bücher, Games, Spielzeug & mehr

RobCos02330 and Jimijam like this.
  22. The Beave

Got the same one this morning.
    Cool.
    Beave

23. Jimijam

Jimijam Forum Resident

Awesome ! got the same one but couldn’t translate the German language i’m assuming it’s the same one you got though

24. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

I got this email from amazon.de on 6 December (translated with google). I have not tracked it, as that is more frustrating than serious constipation.

Good day,
    We hereby inform you that we have sent your order.

Your shipment is now in transit; a change by you or our customer service is no longer possible. If you would like to return an item from your order or view or change other orders, you can simply do so via My Orders on our website Amazon.com.
    Delivery:
    Thursday, December 21st

The shipment was shipped with Deutsche Post DHL. If you would like to track this shipment, please use this tracking number: xxx Depending on the shipping option you choose, the parcel tracking data may not be up-to-date at the time this e-mail is received.

25. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

Search for "Google translate" there is a quick option in the results page, or go to the website for longer translations or other options. Copy your original and paste it into the space....bingo.

For fun, take a passage in English, translate it into Italian, then translate the Italian into Russian, then translate the Russian into Japanese, then translate the Japanese into French, then translate the French back into English.

The results are not only hilarious, but will remind you of the speech-making of certain politicians.

With this tool, you can get a job in either espionage or intelligence. Or you can become a great chef.

RobCos02330 and Jimijam like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.