The new Bear Family Killer Box Set!! The LOUISIANA HAYRIDE as it truly happened! Live recordings!!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Terje Morewood, Sep 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimijam

Jimijam Forum Resident

For fun, take a passage in English, translate it into Italian, then translate the Italian into Russian, then translate the Russian into Japanese, then translate the Japanese into French, then translate the French back into English................:help::righton:

2. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

Awesome!!!!
    Beave

3. The Beave

So what's the lowest current price??
    Beave

4. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

You'll probably get it about a week after it's shipped. DHL is pretty good.

5. rod

rod Senior Member

Mine shipped on 6 December and I received it the afternoon of 8 December. I chose "Global Priority" shipping ( 23,50 € ).

6. rod

rod Senior Member

JPC.de has it in stock. Shipped to U.S. 134,45 € plus 24,00 € = 158,45 € (about $187).
    The cost from Bear Family shipped to U.S. $288.78 (for some unknown reason they charge VAT on exports).
    As of today (December 11) the U.S. distributor doesn't have any in stock.

7. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

I wonder if it is the same story as for the George Jones set. Probably not, but if it is not a licensing issue then this is a huge error on BF's part. Most USA customers do not order from overseas, even if the price is cheaper. They want domestic suppliers. The pre-Christmas sales season is the best for large box sets. So it is beginning to appear that there will not be any USA dealers at all in the peak sales season. Huge loss in potential sales.

8. The Beave

Thank You Rod!!
    Excellent information, much appreciated!
    Beave

9. The Beave

Gigantic. This is THE Season to sell product, doesn't make sense jot having stock inside the USA.
    Beave

10. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

It just always seems to come back to that exclusive distribution agreement for USA (North American too?). That seems to have done nothing but severely limit the availability of Bear Family products in the USA and significantly increase the price when they are available. I hope that agreement expires before the virtual end of CD sales altogether.

11. Jimijam

Jimijam Forum Resident

I got a ‘Dispatching now’ notification posted this morning :goodie:

skydropco likes this.
  12. The Beave

Amazon. De has them in stock, around 20 copies.
    Beave

skydropco likes this.
  13. feinstei9415

feinstei9415 Forum Resident

Got my "Shipped" notice from them (surprisingly in English) today... Should be here by the 20th....

Jimijam and skydropco like this.
  14. skydropco

skydropco Rock 'n Roll Nurse

Got mine as well.. (not in English) ...shipping today apparently.

Jimijam likes this.
  15. EddieMann

EddieMann I used to be a king...

From the "some are thicker and some are quicker" file. On Dec. 7th my package was shown as arriving at the carrier facility in Rogdau DE. Woo hoo! I thought. Its just a hop, skip, and a jump from Delaware to Chicago. Took a couple of days for it to dawn on me that since I ordered it from Amazon DE (Germany) that Rogdau was in said DE (Germany). Doh!

Jimijam and skydropco like this.
  16. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

It is crossing the wild Atlantic in a hay wagon. Through the port of New Orleans. Then up the Mississippi to you by paddle boat.

DR.J and EddieMann like this.
  17. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

It m listeneing to it right now-this thing is like a time capsule to the fifties . Love everything about it

Jimijam, Reader and domcasmurro like this.
  18. domcasmurro

domcasmurro Active Member

I received mine 2 days ago.. Amazon DE sent it through some express DHL delivery option (they taxed the S*** outta me! - but hey, that's life...). What an amazing set! The book alone is masterpiece. I'm slowly progressing through each disc and it will be a fantastic journey :)

DR.J likes this.
  19. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Yeah this will take a while to get through

domcasmurro likes this.
  20. spanky1

spanky1 Forum Resident

We were having this exact discussion several months ago, and this is what many of us feared was happening. Mychael was involved with Bear Family, and he got his feelings hurt and left the forum. It was a shame too, because he offered some great info into the going on at the label. He was pretty upset that we would question the reasoning behind BFs agreement which ran the "little guys" out of the BF distribution network, and left the end consumer with fewer choices and much higher prices(in general). I know that all of us hated to see the good dealers fall by the wayside(Ernie B's).

21. Reader

Reader Senior Member

I do miss Ernie B having BF product. Nobody can match their prices or service. They had the best packed shipment for music items I've seen.

Does anybody know why they also stopped selling the Ace and Cherry Red label releases? They have cut almost everything I'm interested in getting.

22. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

shipped from Germany 12/12 to USA (Thousand Oaks, CA), might be delivered today 12/14/17. 2 days delivered from Europe!!!

email from 12/12/17

[​IMG]
    Your Orders | Your Account | Amazon.de
    Dispatch Confirmation
    Order: #305-7406011-
    Hello,
    We thought you'd like to know that we dispatched your order.

Your order is on the way, and can no longer be changed. If you need to return an item or manage other orders, please visit Your Orders on Amazon.de.

Arriving:
    Friday, 15 December

[​IMG] Your order was sent to:
    Tjazz
    CA 91320-6921
    Vereinigte Staaten von Amerika

Your item(s) is (are) being sent by DHL. Your tracking number is: 4027920971. Depending on the delivery method you chose, it's possible that the tracking information might not be visible immediately.

If you have a mobile device, you can use the free Amazon Mobile App to receive delivery notifications and track your parcel on the go.

Please visit our help page for carrier contact information.

[​IMG]

Delivery Information

[​IMG]

EUR 79,80
    Item Subtotal: EUR 79,80
    Delivery & Handling: EUR 4,50
    Total: EUR 84,30

Thursday, December 14, 2017 Location Time Pieces
    22 With delivery courier VAN NUYS, CA - USA 10:22 AM
    1 Pieces

21 Arrived at Delivery Facility in VAN NUYS - USA VAN NUYS, CA - USA 9:31 AM
    1 Pieces

20 Departed Facility in LOS ANGELES GATEWAY - USA LOS ANGELES GATEWAY, CA - USA 8:37 AM
    1 Pieces

19 Processed at LOS ANGELES GATEWAY - USA LOS ANGELES GATEWAY, CA - USA 8:29 AM
    1 Pieces

18 Arrived at Sort Facility LOS ANGELES GATEWAY - USA LOS ANGELES GATEWAY, CA - USA 7:07 AM
    1 Pieces

17 Departed Facility in CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 5:48 AM
    1 Pieces

16 Processed at CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 5:08 AM
    1 Pieces

15 Clearance processing complete at CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 4:56 AM
    1 Pieces

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 Location Time Pieces
    14 Customs status updated CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 11:08 PM
    13 Departed Facility in EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 11:44 PM
    1 Pieces

12 Transferred through EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 11:40 PM
    1 Pieces

11 Departed Facility in LONDON-HEATHROW - UK LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 12:09 PM
    1 Pieces

10 Processed at LONDON-HEATHROW - UK LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 9:44 AM
    1 Pieces

9 Arrived at Sort Facility LONDON-HEATHROW - UK LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 6:37 AM
    1 Pieces

8 Departed Facility in LUTON - UK LUTON - UK 4:58 AM
    1 Pieces

7 Transferred through LUTON - UK LUTON - UK 4:58 AM
    1 Pieces

6 Departed Facility in LEIPZIG - GERMANY LEIPZIG - GERMANY 2:39 AM
    1 Pieces

5 Processed at LEIPZIG - GERMANY LEIPZIG - GERMANY 1:17 AM
    1 Pieces

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 Location Time Pieces
    4 Arrived at Sort Facility LEIPZIG - GERMANY LEIPZIG - GERMANY 9:13 PM
    1 Pieces

3 Departed Facility in KASSEL - GERMANY KASSEL - GERMANY 6:48 PM
    1 Pieces

2 Processed at KASSEL - GERMANY KASSEL - GERMANY 6:39 PM
    1 Pieces

1 Tracking information received. Shipment not yet picked up by DHL KASSEL - GERMANY 1:47 PM

The Beave likes this.
  23. Reader

Reader Senior Member

Hhs anyone here in the U.S. received their copy from Amazon.de? Packaged well? Arrived ok?

That was my only concern about ordering from Germany, afraid it would be damaged due to the size and weight of the item.

24. The Killer

The Killer Dung Heap Rooster

Mine was shipped to the UK from Germany, it was in a box with a tiny bit of paper crumpled up at one end, fortunately no damage.

It's odd there was so little protection, I've been critical of Amazon in the past because of stuff being unnecessarily over packaged.

Reader likes this.
  25. Reader

Reader Senior Member

Glad your's arrived ok. Amazon never over packages anything sent to me. I've almost quit buying books from them due to damage on almost every order. A nice expensive , heavy book and it will be damaged, usually with the box falling apart. Doesn't matter who it's shipped with because of the cheap way Amazon packs them.

Years ago they did a better job by shrink wrapping books to a piece of cardboard and then placing into a slightly oversize box.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.