The NEW Chicago Box on Rhino

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Grant, Jul 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me! Thread Starter

I've decided to pick this one up today. I'll designate this thread for discussion about it.

Many have been burned by the ongoing Rhino Chicago remastering campaign by Jeff Magid/David Donnelly, which is why I know many will shy away from it, opting to stick with the older Joe Gastwirt CDs and the first box by Legacy. See my post below.

The new box contains tracks from the whole span of the band's career, and has a DVD, supposedly with footage of the recording sessions for the "13" album with Donnie Dacus.

2. Gardo

Gardo Audio Epistemologist

David Donnelly at DNA Sound remastered CTA and Chicago II. As I understand it, Magid produced the reissues, which sounds like the same role he has for this box.

I'd be surprised--delighted, but surprised--if this new Rhino box represented a new remastering.

3. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff

What the presumed street date now for "Carnegie Hall?"

4. Grant

Thanks for the correction. Yes, David Donnelly did the actual remastering, and Magid supervised. I will alter my original post to reflect that. Well, I found out that the same team did the box, so, I guess I won't bother buying it now. I can live without the DVD.

5. FatherMcKenzie

FatherMcKenzie Forum Resident

I thuoght the box had been delayed until July 22nd. Even the Rhino site says the 22nd.

6. btomarra

btomarra Classic Rock Audiophile

7. Grant

Yeah, I just found out a couple of hours ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.