The New Linkin Park on DVD-A?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GoldenBoy, Mar 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoldenBoy

GoldenBoy Purple People Eater Thread Starter

Is this album supposed to be released on DVD-A? If so, is there any announced release date?

2. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

I just say a bunch at a used record store here in Los Angeles...

3. GoldenBoy

Meteora?. I'm sorry, I forgot to list the title in my original post.

4. mjb

mjb Senior Member

The remix album from last year is available in DVD-A format, but I haven't (yet) seen any announcement of a similar release for the new album.

It would seem a likely thing at some point, though...

5. Taurus

Taurus Senior Member

I've only heard one song off of Meteora (on MTV--I still tune in periodically to see what is happening with new pop music) I think it was called "Somewhere I Belong". And it seemed pretty decent. I hope they release it on dvd-audio. I'm not saying that just to be a dvd-audio "cheerleader", I really mean it. The Reanimation dvd-audio is one of my favorite surround titles so far (BTW, that disc was mastered for dvd-audio by Bob Ludwig). The music is good & the surround mix is really fun to listen to--it really fits the music's style. I hope it's all right to use the word "fun" to describe it--the music snobs seem to frown on that concept!

Anyway if you want to read fan reaction to the upcoming Meteora CD, go to the Linkin Park forum. That place has a teensy bit different attitude than the "adult" forums :), i.e. it's all about the music, kind of a breath of fresh air really.

"Meteora" at cduniverse.com

[T]

6. thenexte

thenexte Forum Resident

Believe it or not, according to ICE Magazine (March issue, pg. 7) Meteora is due to be released as SACD later in the summer (on the Warner label), that will be very interesting indeed!
    -wolf

7. GoldenBoy

Wha? That will be very interesting and if it is the case, I'll wait for the SACD.

8. thenexte

thenexte Forum Resident

Actually I would be really cautious with that information, as ICE has been known to repeatedly mix up multi-channel formats in the past, guess they just couldn't care less.

I don't think their magazine is considered to be on the forefront of audiophile releases as such, to date not a single column is even devoted to the subject (with 1000+ titles available now!).

For what it's worth, in their latest (pop-only) release date listings they actually managed to sneak in a classical SACD ("Gustav Holst - The Planets) this time, quite an editorial blooper!
    -wolf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.