The Nostalgia Critic- Top 11 WTF Alternative Endings

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by PaulKTF, Mar 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member Thread Starter

The Nostalgia Critic- Top 11 WTF Alternative Endings

Top 11 WTF Alternate Endings

Man, that alternative Titanic ending is terrible! That has to be one of the worst alternate endings I've ever seen. I'm really glad they didn't go with that one.

The I Am Legend ending is pretty stupid once you know about the much better alternative ending.

paulisdead likes this.
  2. paulisdead

paulisdead fast and bulbous

Does anybody here know if the Dr. Strangelove "pie fight" ending really does still exist?

3. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member Thread Starter

IMDB says...

So, assuming that information is correct, then yes it does still exist (or did as of 1999). :)

paulisdead and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  4. paulisdead

paulisdead fast and bulbous

Thanks. I'm surprised nobody used that chance to bootleg it.

5. Well apparently that information is a bit sketchy as this can't be found anywhere else. If it exists at the BFI, I doubt it has been screened and certainly not in 1999 which would have been the year that Kubrick died.

6. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

I actually kinda like the lower-key ending for Die Hard With a Vengeance.... it's included as an extra on the DVD, but it would've been cool if there was a branching option to allow you to view it as part of the film.

I think the "Paris" ending for Alien Resurrection was used in the alternate/extended cut in the Alien Quadrilogy box set.

And it's kind of silly to include the post-apocalyptic ending of Army of Darkness on the list, because it's not an "alternate" ending... that *is* the original ending of the film. The S-Mart finale was shot to provide a "happy" ending at the request of the studio.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.