The "Official" All Purpose Heavy Metal and Hard Rock Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GodShifter, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

More instrumental goodness coming from Scale the Summit on Sept 18.

Ivand and Dreadnought like this.
  2. celticbob

celticbob Forum Resident

The new Lynch Mob is excellent.

Jimmy Agates and Matthew Tate like this.
  3. Jimmy Agates

Jimmy Agates CRAZY DOCTOR

Yes indeed it is....a few listens and it reveals itself more and more - great solid offering from Lynch who seems to be on a creative roll at the moment.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  4. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

lynch is working on something else with a new side project due out next year

slipkid and Jimmy Agates like this.
  5. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Cool. Obviously he has his creative juices flowing lately. So many good albums with him involved just the past year or so it is ridiculous. I wonder if KXM will do another one? I really dug that one (both mixes).

Matthew Tate likes this.
  6. lenny nero

lenny nero down by the ruined bridge

Is Pilson still with Foreigner?

7. lenny nero

lenny nero down by the ruined bridge

How bout some new Motorhead in prep for the new disc this Fri.

Diamond Dog and GodShifter like this.
  8. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Something that just crossed my mind - a lot of great guitarists (Michael Schenker #1 on my list) could benefit from working with better songwriters/singers. And there is one great singer just kinda doing next to nothing the past couple
    Afaik, yes.

9. Matthew Tate

pinnick gets too busy lol

slipkid likes this.
  10. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member Thread Starter

Pinnick gets "busy" because he needs the money. King's X have never made it big despite many great albums. All the guys in King's X must stay busy, to a degree, to keep food on the table. Their record royalties amount to squat, so they need to tour with whatever project they are involved with to make some fluid income.

jeffgt14 and Matthew Tate like this.
  11. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

True!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  12. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Sadly true :shake:

13. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Weird. I just noticed that in my post above, where I was just answering the question about Pilson (with "afaik yes"), that something I had typed earlier (about singers) but then deleted because I didn't have the time to finish my thought got included in there by "magic". Sheesh.

So to finish my thought, I was going to say that Paul Rodgers, who I was just listening to something by, might be able to make a great album with Schenker, give Michael some good melodies to fit his riffs. I have the feeling Paul would not be interested though. He's not made any new music (songwriting) that I've really liked since 1997 (with the Now album). Most everything since then has been rehashing things with Bad Co (or Queen) or that rehash of old r&b songs last year. The only album of new material he's done since Now was the the disappointing Electric album in 200. I'd love to see him hookup with a good guitarist and make another rock album.

GodShifter likes this.
  14. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member Thread Starter

I can't see Paul Rodgers and Michael Schenker being a good fit. Two different worlds.

Rocketdog, Matthew Tate and jeffgt14 like this.
  15. Matthew Tate

man the new lynch mob is great. George has been on a role the last decade.3 new lynch mob releases, KXM, sweet/lynch. souls of we, T&N, 2 solo albums. what a run. I get sick of people saying lynch plays boring modern rock. to me its a mix of 70's hard rock with a modern twist.

16. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Yeah, I'd say there is nothing modern rock about the Lynch Mob stuff...nor Sweet/Lynch (which was outstanding)

Matthew Tate likes this.
  17. Dreadnought

Dreadnought I'm a live wire. Look at me burn.

Another archaeological dig hoping for personal enrichment and I was struck dumb with dazzlement! A hitherto unheard bauble from the previous century and sweet Jebus, sometimes perfection is exactly this short. I don't think I'll place another song in my noggin today. :love:

Agent of Fortune and ifihadafish like this.
  18. Dreadnought

Holler time, er...but I do like everything else in the new Soilwork. Ugh, and again with the ancient imagery. Gustave Dore' or similar. 21st century please.

19. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

New Skintrade

20. Dreadnought

Purposely ending self quote with "dumb". Growing up one of our friends named Gavin would often rush up and breathlessly tell us yesterday's neighbourhood news. Eventually anyone who'd speak of known events was met with a chorus of "Gavin News". I can't help but think of that in discovering long lived bands. Anyway, falling hard for these guys. The only word for this song is beautiful. (I'm more interested in Victor Griffin than Bobby Liebling and I'm hesitant to watch that doc about Bobby).

21. ifihadafish

ifihadafish Forum Resident

That's a great song Mike of a magic album - love Last Rites. The new one is ordered and in the mail.

The Bobby doc is essential viewing.

Dreadnought likes this.
  22. Agent of Fortune

Agent of Fortune Däncing Barefoot

A thrilling journey through a slice of Bobby's life, Last Days Here shows some of his lowest lows and highest highs (sometimes even one right after another). It's heart-wrenching at times, and has a happy, resolute ending. I recommend it, and have watched it at least half a dozen times, myself. Get yourself some popcorn. :-popcorn:

And beautiful really is the only word for Everything's Turning to Night... Have you heard the original version from 1973? It's a bit of a rough listen, but I'd say worth it.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
    GodShifter and Dreadnought like this.
  23. Dreadnought

Jeez I hate to watch a person in a mess. I guess it must be done. Yes "Last Rights" is magnificent! And it's welcome in having a rich production. Gave "Be Forewarned" a spin but prefer "Last Rights". Just super loving the guitar.

I heard it now :righton:.
    Yeah, popcorn might be the best strategy. "a happy, resolute ending" is good to know. I'm a kid on xmas morning looking at unopened packages.

Agent of Fortune likes this.
  24. ifihadafish

ifihadafish Forum Resident

I did my best to get close to a Victor tone on one of my solos on our album, InTo The Ground from Last Rites being a huge influence.

I was super-stoked when a promoter booked us to support Victor for his gig in Belfast only for it all to be cancelled due to family commitments (either Victor's or David Benson, his singer on the project)

25. Dreadnought

Wow, that's both very cool and an awful shame.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
    ifihadafish likes this.