The Official "Apple Digital Masters / Mastered for iTunes" Thread*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by nbakid2000, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Streamingmylife

Streamingmylife Forum Resident

No problem :) don't miss the first two Chris Stapleton albums now on sale, both are great in the genre. The new one is equally great...

Jesper Nielsen and painted8 like this.
  2. Streamingmylife

3. Time Is On My Side

Time Is On My Side Forum Resident

I think it won't hurt Apple much if their streaming subscriptions aren't competitive next to Spotify, Amazon or others. They still make the majority of their money off of their phones.

4. RockStar2005

RockStar2005 Well-Known Member

Very interesting!!!

5. RockStar2005

RockStar2005 Well-Known Member

6. Panama Jack

Panama Jack Forum Resident

Ugh. And here I was still hoping that Apple would someday start offering lossless downloads. I really like the MFiT model and sound... I just wish I could get them in at least redbook ALAC quality.

Also, I edit my music like crazy through Audacity. I like a certain amount of time between tracks, I like songs to stand alone with complete proper beginnings and endings (no sudden starts or weird cut offs), and I edit out F-bombs when I can. Streaming doesn’t allow you to do that. You can only play the songs how they appear on the album. So this would really suck for me.

I guess I could always just stick with CDs, assuming they still make them in 2 years. So again... ugh.

Streamingmylife likes this.
  7. painted8

painted8 Forum Resident

8. Streamingmylife

Me neither. Apple is all about the hardware sales though.... I hope places like Bandcamp takes over. Starting to buy more over there. Often hi-res version plus Mp3 for $9.99.

DumbMagician, Marzz, jupiter8 and 3 others like this.
  9. bunkaroo

bunkaroo Forum Resident

If that is indeed Apple's strategy then my iPhone 7 will certainly be my last Apple product. I only keep it because I actually like using iTunes to buy(!) music and download to my phone or laptop. Absent that, I have no reason to continue to use their products. I'll find another avenue to buy music I can actually own, though I suspect it will significantly reduce my consumption of new music.

10. Streamingmylife

I hear you. Been loyal since iPhone 3G but I actually bought a Sony Xperia last year as second phone just to get affordable/portable hi-res. I think it is actually possible that we get a counter movement from "renting" music towards owning and supporting music you like. I still buy MFiT's but also have apple music and Tidal subs.

11. If you look at the other links on that site, they all have either alarmist or gossipy subject lines. Tho they may (or may not) actually contain the truth, they're essentially click-bait. If other sites contain the same info, then I'll take it more seriously.

12. Jesper Nielsen

Jesper Nielsen Senior Member

I was wondering, I have bought some Pink Floyd MFiT iTunes LP format.. When playing "The Final Cut" it says (Remastered) version! In iTunes store it just says "The Final Cut" and nothing about remastered, like I also have to buy it again? Do I really need to buy that album again?

13. Streamingmylife

Probably the case of all their releases are now (c) Pink Floyd music. Earlier versions are identical in content but not in rights ownership. I see the same in my library for their catalog, bought prior 2016. Most PF MFiT remasters are from 2011 as far as I know. You'll notice this for other artists as well when rights ownership changes.

You can always re-download your version again from "purchased" in the store.

Jesper Nielsen and coffeetime like this.
  14. Streamingmylife

Some collections on sale like Tom Petty, Roy Orbison, Queen and more.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
    Jesper Nielsen likes this.
  15. Jesper Nielsen

Wauv!!!! Got it for 89DKR.... That was a great gift!... Thanks for info mate!

16. Streamingmylife

But seem to have cancelled my purchase so I deleted my post.

17. Jesper Nielsen

hmm, I have to wait and see

18. Jesper Nielsen

I am downloading all the songs now and to email that I have bought it.. so I still hope

19. Streamingmylife

Check the store again. Does it show as purchased? Mine doesn't. Still in my library though. (Beatles box set for price of one album)
    Edit: now it shows as purchased and can play songs so merry Christmas to us :)

Togo and coffeetime like this.
  20. Jesper Nielsen

It still says "purchased"... (købt)... :)

21. Marzz

Marzz Forum Resident

I just checked the Australian store after reading this post and it's $14.99 (AUD)!! I do own the Mono box but this is great value!
    Wonder if it's asking too much to get the Stones set at a similar price :laugh:

Big thanks for the heads up @Streamingmylife :thumbsup:

22. Scopitone

Scopitone Caught the last train for the coast

Even the article says that they were unable to confirm this fact with Apple.

sallymae_hogsby likes this.
  23. coffeetime

coffeetime Senior Member

Just tried the UK store. Beatles in Stereo boxset for £8.99! Purchased and downloaded! I keep checking my Apple TV to see if the Washington 64 concert shows up either under videos or music. This is as insane a price as when I picked up The Beach Boys Made In California set for £7.99 for a launch day misplacing :righton:

I already have the Stereo CD box (along with the In Mono, as one might guess from my avatar pic!) and have the stereo albums on my phone from Apple Music. This is worth it just for the iTunes LP content and hopefully the Washington 64 live footage.

Man I love this forum and you guys! :pineapple:

EDIT: Found the Washington concert on Apple TV. Comes under music videos under L for 'Live At the Washington Coliseum, 1964'. Sweet! Will be very cool to have the UK stereo set iTunes LP content to go along with the 2 BBC volumes iTunes LP and US Albums digital PDF booklet content. Love me some digital Beatles. Just need the mono set on iTunes now.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  24. Scopitone

Scopitone Caught the last train for the coast

Thanks for the heads-up about the Beatles Box Set. I just grabbed it for $9.99 - even though I own 5 albums previously purchased from iTunes, it's worth it for that price.

25. coffeetime

coffeetime Senior Member

Is everyone else getting the iTunes LP when downloading the boxset? Got the songs, the documentary and concert videos downloaded but no sign of the iTunes LP content. It's definitely listed on the store and the iTunes LP content is showing as 'purchased' when browsing the store.

EDIT: Ignore me. iTunes LP for each album and the over box set were listed in my Purchase history but not downloaded for some reason. Downloading them all now.