"The Outer Limits" coming to blu-ray with new HD masters late 2017/early 2018

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by jupiter8, Jun 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dougotte

dougotte Petty, Annoying Dilettante

When I watched it last week for the first time in several years, I also thought how topical it is to today.

Something else that bugs me about this episode:
    When it was revealed that Lomax had Scott watch the alien with Scott's wife, how did that work? At the end, it seemed that Lomax was the alien. How could he have been with the machine and viewed on the machine at the same time?

2. PageLesPaul

PageLesPaul To be a rock and not to roll...

For anyone who is interested, the Season 2 blu ray is listed for sale on Amazon.

longdist01 likes this.
  3. Because he wasn't the only alien here.

dougotte likes this.
  4. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

I finally got season 1 Bluray for a little over 50 bucks from Amazon. Wouldn't ya know it when I opened it up, disc 1 was missing. I did get a replacement and pretty quickly, too.

5. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

have to have this as I bought S1...

6. So season two arrived today. Will be watching it tonight and part of tomorrow with a little Thanksgiving Day Best of marathon. There's a handful of terrific episodes here including the two Ellison episodes. "Demon with a Glass Hand" holds up amazingly well IMHO. The writing, performances over come the $2 make up used for the invaders. Culp is brilliant in the role. RIP both both men.

longdist01 and PhantomStranger like this.
  7. A couple of my favs of the second season:
    Demon with a Glass Hand
    The Soldier
    The Premonition
    The Inheritors Parts 1 & 2

PhantomStranger likes this.
  8. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

If you haven't been following this saga, there's a bad audio glitch on the Season Two episode "Soldier" that starts off the season and the set. In predominantly the second act, there's a wow/flutter in the audio. An audio sample has been posted on YouTube:

This is rather unfortunate, as "Soldier" is one of the rather iconic episodes of THE OUTER LIMITS, and certainly one of the better in Season Two. The glitch isn't present at all on the old MGM DVDs, so if this isn't recalled/replaced, that may be the best source for this particular episode.

I just got the set yesterday as I was away when it arrived last week, so I haven't had time to examine it all. A quick check of the extra version of "The Unknown" revealed that the scratchy audio present there could have sounded better if it hadn't been transferred with stereo equipment. It's like a sibilant mono record that could magically sound better if mono'ed out.

Quick checks of other episodes revealed no problems at this point.

PhantomStranger likes this.
  9. bob_32_116

bob_32_116 Forum Flaneur

I remember watching one of the first episodes at the age of about 12, and being scared shitless. At the time everyone raved about The Twilight Zone, but I thought The Outer Limits was far superior.

10. QC has gone down the tubes on larger sets. A somewhat similar problem has occurred for one episode on Batman: The Complete Animated Series.

11. mongo

mongo Senior Member

For me the problem with The Twilight Zone is that so many of the episodes have the same kind of "ironical" ending.
    After watching 6 episodes you know how most of the others are going to wind up.

There are exceptions of course. Mostly not written by Serling.

I find Out Limits more daring & experimental.
    My Dad absolutely hated it.

12. There is going to be an exchange program for The Outer Limits disc that was faulty (with "Soldier")
    Write to:

mailto: [email protected]

You need to list Outer Limits Recall in the subject line of the email, tell them whether it's Blu-ray or DVD and include your address. I heard that they will be sent out in early 2019.

PhantomStranger and IronWaffle like this.
  13. townsend

townsend Senior Member

wayneklein likes this.
  14. Michael and townsend like this.
  15. Michael

Zanti... one of my favorite episodes...

willboy likes this.
  16. Michael

along with The original Twilight Zone! useless to me but I'm sure great for some...watch it while you can.

wayneklein likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.