The "Picture of your Turntable(s)" thread, Pt. 4

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by MilesSmiles, Jul 29, 2013.

1. avbuff

avbuff Forum Resident

Well newby, you sure know how to make an entrance! :agree:
    Welcome Guy. Absolutely stunning decks. Did the same craftsperson customize all three?
    I must go now and wipe the drool off my keyboard.

Steve

2. avbuff

avbuff Forum Resident

That's a beauty, Glenn.
    The sales receipt sure makes me pine for days gone by.
    Enjoy.

3. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

Thank you. I am absolutely loving the Thorens. It runs super-quietly too, no rumble at all, which is a major relief.

4. Guy St.Pierre

Guy St.Pierre Well-Known Member

That's an Opera T600 arm with Dynavector DV20XL. I'm Contemplating building a solid mahogany plynth for it, but have to do more research on the density of this wood to be sure it'll good. These tables are very underrated far as I'm concerned. I've had quite a few different arms on mine and it sounded very nice with most of them. It's currently got a Lustre GST801 with a DL103R cartridge

Johnny Vinyl likes this.
  5. Guy St.Pierre

Thanks very much

6. Guy St.Pierre

Actually, there's a few more but they aren't done yet. Long term projects. I have a Lenco L70 I'm currently working on. I'll post pics when I get it done. :shtiphat:

7. Guy St.Pierre

Thanks very much. I do them myself. The Thorens was the hardest because I built the complete plynth and arm board.
    That table I purchased used from the original owners and it was mint. It was a hard decision to modify it.

8. Urban Spaceman

Urban Spaceman Forum Eulipion

Nice Lenco! I have an L75 I need to do some work on. What's that tonearm you've got there? Looks like the perfect solution to the sketchy stock L75 tonearm nightmare.
    ------- Chris

9. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

10. Guy St.Pierre

thanks, and You're welcomed to Alberta anytime:)
    I simply couldn't resist posting this pic of my current project under construction. IMG_2345.jpg

11. Ortofun

Ortofun Well-Known Member

Some nice tables pictured :)

I mostly lurk here in the music section....but may as well add to this thread.

Not really a table that can be modded, but I have re-caped it and replaced the signal RCA leads (the new leads made a big difference "Aurealis") and while the arm is internally damped, I applied a length of shrink to the outside of the arm tube that cleaned up some fine detail.
    Phono stage is a BHL kit with parts upgraded (Vishay, Musicap, Duelund VSF's and resistors are Talman REX and SHINKOH, wire is Neotech 7N Copper) run off 2x 12v SLA Batteries. Still need to replace one cheap pair of the RCAs with another pair if ETI's and then I can box it up in something nicer.

Attached Files:

• 838.jpg
      838.jpg
      File size:
      186.5 KB
      Views:
  12. motorcitydave

motorcitydave Enlightened Rogue In Memoriam

Wow, all of these guys comin' out of the woodwork...and all of 'em have nice setups, lol!

I think there's more of us out there than we are led to believe. Just a thought...

13. blind_melon1

blind_melon1 An erotic adventurer of the most deranged kind....

14. Ortofun

Ortofun Well-Known Member

Mmm...have never heard an AN table, I bet It's a musical sounding thang :)

blind_melon1 and motorcitydave like this.
  15. Wally Swift

Wally Swift Yo-Yoing where I will...

Am I seeing correctly, this table has 16rpm?

16. murphywmm

murphywmm Senior Member

There are 16rpm discs out there, they were mostly used for radio transcription of interviews or spoken word.

17. Wally Swift

Yes, I know. I want to eventually add 16rpm to my quality playback capabilities. I have a crappy old BSR that I have used to transfer the few that I have.

murphywmm likes this.
  18. murphywmm

murphywmm Senior Member

I seen a Vestax turntable once that could handle speeds from 16 rpm to 98 rpm. Not sure if it was any good though.

Wally Swift likes this.
  19. action pact

Yes sir... 16, 33, 45 and 78.

Wally Swift likes this.
  20. action pact

Considering the poor resolution of 16 RPM, your crappy BSR is probably good enough.

Wally Swift likes this.
  21. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

22. Sandy8

Sandy8 Active Member

Thanks beowulf, you obviously have great taste in TT's lol!
    I'll post a full pic of my little music room here when i get a chance.
    Cool avatar by the way...

Sandy

beowulf likes this.
  23. Thing Fish

Thing Fish “Jazz isn't dead. It just smells funny.”

It' a Linn Ittok Chris.

Here is a new picture as I have just polished the platters up :)

[​IMG]

Funky54, Tullman, timind and 17 others like this.
  24. Wally Swift

I aquired this BSR many years ago with a Panasonic receiver. The TT doesn't have a ground wire and the receiver doesn't have a proper place to connect a ground wire. Together they work fine. But attempts to hook up the BSR to any other receiver or amp, even with a ground wire attached to the base and connected to the amp has produced noisy playback [as if there was no ground wire]. Someone suggested plugging the BSR into a line level input without the ground because it's a ceramic cartridge. That produced the best results but it's still a bit noisy. I was able to filter out most of the noise on the computer. Maybe Kevin @ KAB can mod my other 1200 to play 16rpm instead of 78rpm?

25. action pact

How many 16 RPM records do you have? Maybe I could help you transfer them using my Thorens? I also have a 1959 ESL S-1000 tonearm and Shure M7D cartridge arriving next week that would probably be perfect for the task.