The "Picture of your Turntable(s)" thread, Pt. 4

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by MilesSmiles, Jul 29, 2013.

1. blakep

blakep Senior Member

A couple of photos from my post a few up about modifying my Gyro for both Mono and Stereo playback that I was unable to post earlier (this thread is so much better with photos ;)). Thanks again to member Fiddlefye for all the help!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

eis01, Archguy, Dan Steele and 33 others like this.
  2. morris_minor

morris_minor Vinyl addict

. . . and here it is! :D You can see my Kenwood in action with a Soundsmith Zephyr Star . . .

3. morris_minor

morris_minor Vinyl addict

I agree with you on the DeAgostini Jazz series - I subscribed from the beginning, and have been very pleased with them. I had to send a couple back, and TBH one or two of the releases haven't been my thing, but generally it's all good!

Your classical likes correspond closely to mine - I'd add Elgar, Walton, Bax, Finzi, Bliss, Nielsen to your list. Lyrita is a label you should explore for 20th Century British music, and Chandos too . . . both produce(d) splendid recordings. (Sorry, bit off topic here . . )

4. timind

timind phorum rezident

[​IMG]
    Realistic BA300 I picked up for $12. It's on the box as I'm trying to get the tonearm to track properly. The darn thing wants to jump out of track at the slightest little warp. Although the arm feels fine, I'm thinking of taking it apart and lubing it.

5. Slick Willie

Slick Willie Decisively Indecisive

Had that happen with a vintage table, twas the arm bearing seizing ever so slightly.

6. timind

timind phorum rezident

After everything I've tried that seems all that's left. Maybe after Thanksgiving I'll tear into it. A first but nothing to lose.

7. Slick Willie

Slick Willie Decisively Indecisive

Not to throw this thread off topic for long, what I tried first was to ever so slightly back off on the screws controlling bearing pressure....very slightly, that's all it took to correct.

PhilBiker and timind like this.
  8. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

This was our family HiFi from 1957 through 1966

[​IMG]

9. SillyRabbit

SillyRabbit Forum Resident

Philips HS 510Q & Teac T-9

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gavinyl, Bhob, inperson and 8 others like this.
  10. Love that plinth!

JMAC likes this.
  11. Jeez... Looks like the same wood as mine. Pretty close anyway. Looks fantastic! Do you remember what was used?

12. Erocka2000

Erocka2000 Forum Resident

It was a palisander (rosewood) veneer. Bought the plinth on eBay from a seller in Moldova.

Brian Gupton likes this.
  13. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

New setup for headphones only. Since wife does not like my speakers, I set this up and enjoying even more now. Sound is really really good, TT's will be rotating.

Just bought a AT100E, not a bad sounding cart/stylus at all, I haven't tried my AT120E yet. I like the AT100E over my Shure M97xE, so I am sure the AT120E will be even better.

[​IMG]

14. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

See my avatar! Obviously not my main turntable.

15. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

Back when I was 17, I had this exact model. I sold it later that year for $5, in order to raise money toward my first real component system (Fisher amp; Garrard 95B table and KLH 17's) Believe it or not, the KLH speakers are still perfect (used in the kitchen) nearly 50 years later (no stupid foam surrounds to decompose). I actually wanted $10 for it, but the buyer had only $5. I asked him what else he had. He said he had about a half a quart of chocolate milk and less than half a box of chocolate chip cookies. So they went into the deal, and I ate the cookies and drank the milk before I got home.

This player was not really all that bad for a kid. I had maybe 120-150 LPs at that tender age.

[​IMG]

16. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

[​IMG] No feet view from the captains chair:)

AudioRoss, Gavinyl, PhilBiker and 9 others like this.
  17. Ham Sandwich

Ham Sandwich Senior Member

[​IMG]

Manimal likes this.
  18. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Going where this man went the other night:)

Jimi Floyd and Ham Sandwich like this.
  19. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

I had something similar to this when I was 13, it was my first.

Mine had legs though, my grandfather worked at the local school and they were throwing them out at the time. Thing was very very loud!

20. advanced101

advanced101 Forum Resident

21. Jimi Floyd

Jimi Floyd Forum Resident

!

detroit muscle and advanced101 like this.
  22. MikeK

MikeK Forum Resident

Whoa... is that the new Titan???

advanced101 likes this.
  23. advanced101

advanced101 Forum Resident

It's a rim drive Avenger.

Jtycho likes this.
  24. timind

timind phorum rezident

What a doof I am. The problem was one of the wires (blue) between the cart and tonearm was hangin too low and rubbing on the record causing it to rise with any warp. :doh::doh:
    Tucked the wire up in place and all is well.:whistle::whistle:

Manimal, thommo, Bhob and 2 others like this.
  25. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

Looks to me that if you center them right, you could balance your bowl of cold cereal AND your cup of hot coffee on those two shiny discs next to the platter, while you spin your latest rare LP. At 33 RPM, you should be able to pick them up and set them down as the record plays without a catastrophe (assuming you are good)