The "Picture of your Turntable(s)" thread, Pt. 4

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by MilesSmiles, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Don Parkhurst

Don Parkhurst Forum Resident

After an accident with my cartridge (cleaning lady), I had to send my MC cartridge back for a rebuild. Expensive lesson! So, after getting a recommendation from a friend, I had a turntable cover custom built. Much more comfortable leaving the turntable unattended now!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

eis01, Funky54, Archguy and 34 others like this.
  2. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Another level man. Super sweet.

3. DPM

DPM Senior Member

Here's my Sl-1200G with its new partner in crime: a Lyra Kleos cartridge that is blowing my freakin' mind. This combination--along with a Parasound JC3+ phono pre--is giving my Esoteric SACD player a run for its money.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  4. varyat

varyat Forum Resident

5. varyat

varyat Forum Resident

Don,
    What deck did you have prior to the Vertere? Nice one btw..
    ATB,
    Mark

6. Jerryb

Jerryb Senior Member

It's not much compared to some posted. I got it at a thrift shop for $15 and cleaned it up. New belt and a new original 45 adapter.

[​IMG]

7. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

The PL12 is a classic in it's own right and can still show many of today's budget decks a thing or two, that one looks very nice.

8. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

They use one of these in my local record store. Sounds good there:)

H8SLKC, Poison_Flour and Jerryb like this.
  9. Spiltdown Man

Spiltdown Man Forum Resident

Since Photobucket committed Hari-kari my turntable photo links got broken. Now mended care of Flickr.

Apologies for the poor lighting in advance, but here is my Roksan Radius 5, Roksan Nima unipivot arm and Ortofon Rondo Red MC cartridge with a Heed Orbit power supply.....

[​IMG]

.....and in its natural habitat in front of a full 1990s era Naim system with Shahinian Arc speakers.

[​IMG]

eis01, Funky54, Archguy and 32 others like this.
  10. EddieMann

EddieMann I used to be a king...

Stunning turntable! As you may or may not know, I'm a lamp person. How about a pic of the one reflected in the print above your TT?

JNTEX likes this.
  11. Gibson67

Gibson67 Life is a Magical Mystery Tour enjoy the ride

My Thorens TD160 fitted in a new American oak plinth I made myself,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Jtycho

Jtycho Forum Resident

I’ve liked but haven’t loved my Garrard 301. I tried a couple of different plinths and arms but nothing completely gelled. Now in a Schick plinth with Tenuto platter, two Schick arms and some Ortofon carts I finally love it. I knew the potential was there so I kept working at it, here you go: [​IMG]

13. Spiltdown Man

Spiltdown Man Forum Resident

It's a basic replica Tiffany dragonfly lamp. At the other side of the room we have a huge replica Tiffany wisteria lamp which really is something to behold! I can send some pictures by direct message if you'd be interested in seeing them.

PhilBiker and EddieMann like this.
  14. EddieMann

EddieMann I used to be a king...

Please do!

15. Erocka2000

Erocka2000 Forum Resident

Very nice 301. How were you able to buy the plinth and the black Schick tonearms? I don't see any mention of them on the Schick website.

16. Jtycho

Jtycho Forum Resident

Thanks. All bought at Ana Mighty Sound in France. François was great to work with.
    Shop | Ana Mighty Sound

Unfortunately the Schick plinth has since gone up 1000€ or so.

17. McGuy

McGuy All Mc, all the time...

How do you like the Hana SL? thinking of one...

18. draden1

draden1 Forum Resident

I recently installed a Hana SL and it is detailed but not bright/harsh, I came from an AT440mlb. I would venture a guess without having heard an Ortofon 2m Blue like what is on your information page, you'll be impressed with the increased detail and soundstage. I'm sure a big part of that is going to the Shibata stylus vs. the elliptical of the 2m Blue.

19. Seafinch

Seafinch Preferred Patron

So far I'm really happy. Only 55 hours on it, so I need to put a bit more time on it before I know for sure.

20. Don Parkhurst

I had an Audio Note TT-2 Deluxe with the external power supply. Nice table but the Vertere is in another class altogether.

Don

varyat likes this.
  21. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

[​IMG]

My new Avenger!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
    Funky54, Archguy, vinnn and 41 others like this.
  22. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Suweet!

Jtycho likes this.
  23. Cosmo-D

Cosmo-D Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My main turntable is the Sony PS-X800. The Hitachi HT-L70 is next to it for size comparison. The PS-X800 is my "grail" table. It's quite fantastic, but mine seems to have developed some intermittent issues that I don't know how to fix (saving up the money to get it serviced).

The Hitachi is fairly respectable table in its own right. It's primary flaw is that it only accepts p-mount cartridges and that most of the automatic functions are tied to the optical sensor that is integrated into the stock cartridge. You can put a new cartridge on it, but it will only function as a manual turntable. I keep hoping I'll run into a person (preferably a cute girl) whose looking to get into vinyl so I can unload the thing. It would make for an excellent starter table, but it doesn't have anything to offer a more seasoned "audiophile". A lot of people are also put off by form factor (which I think is cool as hell) and the servo/motorized arm. I think generally active linear tracking designs (as opposed to ones that require no external motor and rely and the movement of the needle to maintain tangency) are unfairly maligned. Maybe the really cheap ones are bad, but the Hitachi HT L-70 wasn't a super expensive unit when new and it does its job effectively and silently.

24. Don Parkhurst

That is a gorgeous turntable!

25. triode4

triode4 Forum Resident

PhilBiker likes this.