The Radiators (New Orleans) thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jhw59, Jul 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhw59

jhw59 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Always a fan of this group and I admire their policy of allowing so many soundboard shows to be available for free download via archive and elsewhere. What shows are your favorite?

Crispy Rob likes this.
  2. davmar77

davmar77 I'd rather be drummin'...

too many to choose from. I plugged in for them several times. great bunch of guys. spent a fair amount of time with them. I was first introduced to them by a friend who shared a house with their percussionist. saw them lots of times from the mid 80's on.

MYQ1 and Crispy Rob like this.
  3. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

All of 'em!

Big Rads fan, looking forward to next year's round of reunion shows....

MYQ1 likes this.
  4. TerpStation

TerpStation "Music's not for everyone."

Rads were great, and now, when Raw Oyster Cult comes to town you should see them....rads guitar players.....

5. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

NO Suspects too, even though Reggie isn't touring with them anymore. And keep up with Zeke's solo stuff, he puts out about three CD's a year.

Dave Malone's daughter Darcy is doing some good stuff too:

6. ducksdeluxe

ducksdeluxe A voice in the wilderness.

Some of the best concerts I've ever seen by any band. I'm still looking for a show they did at The Stone in SF in 1988. It was broadcast live on a local FM station, and I taped it. I wore that tape out. I haven't looked recently but last time I checked it still wasn't on the archive. It's good to know that Dave and Camille are still out there. But that band name...

7. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Great band. Lo ed seeing them at Tipitinas especially. One of my oldest friends was their road manager for their last decade or so.

MYQ1 and Crispy Rob like this.
  8. jhw59

They rocked the FQF with Papa John on keys!

9. Record Fan

Record Fan Forum Resident

I've got 5 or 6 Radiators shows that Art ('Freezer') sent to me before died. Awesome, classic stuff. Great captures. Listening to the shows sounds like they are in your living room.

MYQ1 likes this.
  10. ducksdeluxe

ducksdeluxe A voice in the wilderness.

1,269 Radiators shows available at archive.org. Probably some duplicates, but a lot of live stuff available for free download.

MYQ1 likes this.
  11. Crispy Rob

Crispy Rob Cat Juggler

Mentioned it elsewhere on the Forum today, but 3/13/99 GAMH is a show that should appeal to the Deadheads among us, as Bob Weir, Rob Wasserman, and Merl Saunders all guested that night. I don't know what is or isn't on the archive otherwise, but of the shows I attended the late April '99 shows at Tipitina's were probably my favorites. In the 198os I had an excellent acoustic set from the Maple Leaf on cassette, but have no idea of the date except I think it was from '85.

12. jhw59

5-14-93 at the great Aladdin theater in Vegas is on archive for DL with my review. Excellent audience recording and a rocking show. Night before we saw the GD at Sam Boyd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.