The Rascals have imploded...again...thanks to Felix.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sunset Sam, Feb 22, 2015.

1. intv7

intv7 Senior Member

Sad that they couldn't just walk away from each other with handshakes and smiles on their faces.

Hep Alien and melstapler like this.
  2. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

YES! I'd definitely be more interested in a Fotomaker reunion than a Rascals one.

melstapler likes this.
  3. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

How many other bands from the 1960s still have all of their classic line-up members alive today? The '60s are fading fast.

One would expect that Felix would keep this schitt in check, if only to cement the legacy that was created all those decades ago. He must not love playing with those guys, which is a real shame.

melstapler likes this.
  4. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

yes, and show their long time fans some respect as well...they should be pleased ppl still want to see them live.

melstapler likes this.
  5. Chris Schoen

Chris Schoen Rock 'n Roll !!!

Nobody in Rock 'n Roll ever really grows up, do they?...

6. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

As, I posted earlier, I'm disappointed that this has happened to the band but I have to accept the reality that for many reasons, the door is closing on many of my favorite bands from the 60's and 70's.

I can't expect to keep squeezing the tooth paste out of the tube, because the tube is almost empty or... drying up. :D
    They have had their day. I have their records to enjoy forever, so I have the best of their classic music to always turn to when they were in their prime and there is much new music to keep me excited also. Life goes on.

7. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Doe this actually sound like fun to anyone here? The Turtles might be the only group here with more than 1 original.

http://www.pollstar.com/news_article.aspx?ID=816660

Blood, Sweat & Tears feat. Bo Bice, Felix Cavaliere’s Rascals, Monkees-man Micky Dolenz, The Grass Roots, and The Guess Who are just some of the acts appearing on the first-ever “Flower Power Cruise” sailing out of Fort Lauderdale next year.

Grab those ol’ hip-hugger bell bottoms your grandkids have been laughing at and make sure you have plenty of tie-dye T-shirts for this ocean adventure. Happening Feb. 29-March 5, the Flower Power Cruise also includes performances by Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone, Jefferson Starship, former Paul Revere & The Raiders frontman Mark Lindsay, The Turtles feat. Flo & Eddie and many more. Expect the lineup to grow in the coming weeks.

“What I experienced in the ’60s still shapes the way I think and live to this day,” said Mark “Flow” Volman. “But I miss being surrounded by the people and the movement – there was nothing like it. Bringing the music and the culture and the feel of that decade together with the people who love it most is going to be one wild ride.”

Presented by StarVista Live, the Flower Power Cruise will make stops in Cozumel, Mexico and Key West. Onboard activities include wine tastings, panel discussions, trivia contests and a “Make Love Not War” vow renewal ceremony. Theme nights include Black Light Ball, Psychedelic ’60s Dance Party, and a “Bell Bottom Blast.”
    But you’ll need to book your cabin now so that you can sail away into Memoryland. Click here for more info.

ajsmith likes this.
  8. SixtiesGuy

SixtiesGuy Ministry of Love

Hey, just like old times!

9. Sax-son

Sax-son Forum Resident

Their best days are behind them. As far as I am concerned, I will be content with their greatest hits record as I did like their music. I was fortunate to see them live in 1969. They put on a fantastic live show.

Atmospheric likes this.
  10. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

This is not worth getting worked up about. These guys simply don't get along and in that context, it's a miracle that the shows happened when they did.

Mr. D likes this.
  11. SoundAdvice

It may have been the final full concert by a 60's band with all members intact(The Seekers may have been done after spring 2014). There's a few out there acts with all members still alive but the chance of a full show are extremely slim(1969 Rolling Stones lineup being the most infuriating - not sure if Bob Seger System are all alive).

12. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

Depends on whether Chad & Jeremy count. And the Meters started in the '60s.

13. SoundAdvice

Simon & Garkunkel if Art gets it together voice wise. I'm shying away from duos.

Do the Meters only do the odd festival/show and not tour?

I suppose the Kinks are possible with the 1969 lineup if the reunion isn't torpedoed.

14. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

In terms of the original lineup, yes. But they're playing in NO next month.

15. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Crosby Stills and Nash still tour regularly

16. Bill

Bill Senior Member

Mark "Flow" Volman? Really?
    Holy crap.

TheDailyBuzzherd, agundy and gd0 like this.
  17. Jamey K

Jamey K Internet Sensation

How is this Steve VanZant's fault?

18. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead Forum Resident

never said it was. just saying anything could have happened. just because dino posted something doesn't mean that is the whole story.

19. agundy

agundy Forum Resident

Annnnnd....it just gets worse and worse...now the Rascals Facebook page has been threatened by Felix or someone close to him and they've had to remove all posts or images mentioning his name or showing his picture. Kind of ridiculous and an absolute shame as the concert I saw in 2013 was spectacular...

20. Man, I thought I regretted not going to the Toronto performance...now I really do!

marmalade likes this.
  21. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

The stupid part of this is..it basically confirms that Felix is the petulant child driving this spat. He hasn't done himself any favors among the band's fans by doing this, not that the world in general gives a minutes thought about the Rascals of course.

marmalade likes this.
  22. Efus

Efus Senior Member

That sounds good when you're single, broke, living together, touring in a van, and trying to make it. All for one, one for all.
    Problem becomes when stardom hits, you start having responsibilities outside the band (ie family and kids), and your co-workers start doing and contributing less to the success that got you there.
    That's called grown-up time. Just ask Pink Floyd.

23. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

This will prevent me from going to see Felix without the others again. Especially the FB crap

24. Sandinista

Sandinista Forum Resident

What is that FB page specifically - I searched Rascals and the page that popped up hasn't been updated since 2013?

25. ghostnotes

ghostnotes Wish you were here.

I'm still stuck on Blood Sweat & Tears featuring Bo Bice. What in the...