The Replacements Tour 2015 - Back by Unpopular Demand!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Teek, Feb 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teek

Teek Forum Resident Thread Starter

mdm08033, pjc1 and wavethatflag like this.
  2. cdollaz

cdollaz Forum Resident

Meh. Once gain no Texas dates.

3. wavethatflag

wavethatflag God is love, but get it in writing.

Oh my, that Masonic show will sell out in minutes. (But must get tickets, must get tickets, must get tickets...).

4. jh901

jh901 Forum Resident

Pittsburgh.

I don't go to concerts anymore, but I might have to get tixx for this. Any tips? Clubs to join, etc? Are on-sale dates posted yet?

5. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes

Philadelphia is on a Saturday........I'll likely attempt to be there.

mdm08033 and krock2009 like this.
  6. hiddman

hiddman Forum Resident

It's a 4 hour drive to Columbus, OH for me. I'll be there.

7. BeardedSteven

BeardedSteven Forum Resident

My April is so filled up with shows it's not funny. I'd love to see them in Chicago but I don't think I can make it happen. :( Last saw them in 91. Well, the only time I saw them. Good news tho!

8. Crispy Rob

Crispy Rob Cat Juggler

My thoughts exactly. I was kicking myself for not travelling to see them last year after they didn't come anywhere near the Bay Area. That's remedied, as long as I can get tickets.

wavethatflag likes this.
  9. Cyberhog9

Cyberhog9 Forum Resident

Hopefully they record this for a dvd.

blind_melon1 and Crispy Rob like this.
  10. Crispy Rob

Crispy Rob Cat Juggler

On-sale date was posted for SF (Friday 2/13 at 9:00 a.m PST). I didn't check the others, but imagine that if it hasn't been posted yet, it will be soon. I don't know anything yet about pre-sales, etc.

EDIT: info available here: http://thereplacementsofficial.com/pages/concerts. Looks like ticket info is only available so far for Colorado, West Coast, and a few Europe shows.

11. overdrivethree

overdrivethree Forum Resident

I'm kind of pinching myself that we're getting a Pittsburgh show. Having Stage AE here has proven to be pretty great...getting a lot of good acts in a pretty accessible venue that we weren't otherwise getting before, because there wasn't that type of venue in town up until AE was built. PERFECT place for a band like the Replacements.

12. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Live Nation has a pre-sale sell date for the Los Angeles stop, does that mean I need to join up for that, or can I just wait a couple days for the normal on-sale date?

I'd hate to be shut out just because I wanted for the public sale date as I always have.

I don't think LA will sell out in minutes, it will take a couple weeks I'd think.

13. George Blair

George Blair Senior Member

Portland! Thank you, all is forgiven. :)

14. serge

serge Forum Resident

I plan to go but I Have to say I consider it Paul Westerberg with Tommy Stinson....not the Replacements...

look forward to it!

Gregory Earl likes this.
  15. wavethatflag

I saw them open for Elvis Costello on the Mighty Like A Rose tour, and they had the most rock "attitude" I'd ever seen on a stage, even though I think they were on their last legs so to speak by 1990. Of course the two remaining are older now, but some recent video posted here looked promising.

Personally I probably wouldn't travel to see them unless it was a festival, but as long as they're coming to town I'd like to be there.

DangerousKitchen likes this.
  16. jh901

jh901 Forum Resident

Haven't been, but Pittsburgh is not the city it was even just 5 years ago. Austin better watch out!

If you find some pre-sale info or the like then feel free to PM me.

17. notesfrom

notesfrom Forum Resident

Not very extensive… :cry:

18. Crispy Rob

Crispy Rob Cat Juggler

I was aware of them back in the day, but never saw them, and became a much bigger fan about 5 or 6 years after it was too late to see them, and always regretted missing out. Judging from last year's SNL performance and reports from a friend who saw the Minneapolis show last year, my expectations are pretty high.

Edit: Fallon, not SNL.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
    wavethatflag likes this.
  19. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

I also saw their last tour, and agree, the rock attitude was obvious without them saying anything. The choice of cover songs says it all.

wavethatflag likes this.
  20. wavethatflag

I had the benefit of an older relative (my cousin's husband) who loved the 'mats and dragged me to that Costello show. He also made me cassettes with Pixies on them before anyone outside of Boston knew they were good. Those were the days....

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
    Crispy Rob likes this.
  21. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

Who is paying for that tour? A record label? Are they signed to one?

melstapler likes this.
  22. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

The fans who buy the tickets are paying! They have priced the tickets at what it takes for the band to actually take home a check, and not owe a record company a million dollars at the end of the tour.

nodeerforamonth likes this.
  23. nodeerforamonth

nodeerforamonth Consistently misunderstood

Me. I'll be paying for a ticket to the LA show.

24. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

It is completely pointless attend or play at the Eagles Ballroom in Milwaukee, Crappiest acoustics ever

25. wavethatflag

I've written this elsewhere here, but Westerberg was yelling at the sedate Nashua, NH crowd sort of tongue-in-cheek but maybe seriously saying stuff like "Get up and dance! It's your world!" and at some point they switched instruments and started playing "Hootenanny" and he threatened, "If you don't get out of your seats it's gonna be a hootenanny all night long!" He seemed to not give a **** about what anyone thought, he wanted people up and moving.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.