The Returned - New Show On A&E

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by rockclassics, Mar 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Pinhead

The Pinhead KING OF BOOM AND SIZZLE IN HELL

I've yet to know someone who's not hooked on that series. I fookin' love it !!

2. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I don't watch Walking Dead, I tried it several times. . . found it awful. We're all different!

3. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

I made it through season one of Walking Dead (it took 3 attempts) and decided I didn't care enough to bother with season 2.

4. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I just watched the final two episodes. I didn't see the twist at the end of episode #9 (Peter is a dead "returned") coming, but I'd been away from the show for a bit so maybe I'm not remembering earlier clues to this. As for the finale, it was pretty lackluster. It didn't seem like a season finale Might have made more sense not to show the flood wiping out the town as just a vision.

5. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

For the first 3/4 of this series I said, I wish it wouldn't follow so close to the original french version and then it didn't. Then I wished it did cause it got so bland, generic & silly. French version - 8.5, US version - 5.

6. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

I'm glad that the U.S. version strays from the French as it gives me a reason to watch the French version.

7. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

I just finished the French version. Yes, it was much better than the American version.

progrocker71 likes this.
  8. balzac

balzac Senior Member

I don’ t think there were a ton of overt clues that Peter was one of the “dead.” In retrospect, he was obviously much more sympathetic to and easily believed the other “dead” of course.

In fact, because a few episodes prior Peter had convinced Camille to “lie” to the other families about their own kids to make them “feel better”, I figured Peter’s reveal that he was one of the “dead” was meant to be ambiguous at least initially at the end of that episode. I was left wondering if it was true, or if he was telling another lie to the families.

We of course eventually got a flashback that confirmed (as much as a show can) that it was true.

9. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

A&E has cancelled the show.

10. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Not surprising. Gives Cuse more time to concentrate on Bates Motel.

11. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

For those disappointed in the cancellation of the A&E show, I would highly recommend turning your attention to the French version. Watch the 1st season as the ending is quite different than the American version. Season 2 is on its way.

12. progrocker71

Thanks. Now that saves me some effort. I will happily wait for season 2 of the French series which based on the couple episodes of the American version I watched is far superior.

Encuentro likes this.
  13. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i really liked that show :(

14. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

Where can we watch the original French version?

15. progrocker71

Season 1 is on Netflix streaming. Season 2 hasn't been released yet.

16. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

I was blown away by how much better the French version is. The end of the French version is dramatically different and better.

Scotian likes this.
  17. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

Ok cool. Thank you.

18. I guess this is the catch-all thread for The Returned.

I am half way through the Season 1 of The Returned (French version) on Netflix.

It is so good! Much like the beloved original film.

But anyway, when I watched at episode tonight, at the top of the screen it showed that Season 2 will start streaming on Netflix on February 17th. Just in time. :)

Encuentro likes this.
  19. woody

woody Forum Resident

Second season of the original french version is now on Netflix.

20. I finished watching Season 2 of the French The Returned last night on Netflix. I'm very glad I watched this show. It tied up everything, but in a very nebulous way, where some meanings and events are open to interpretation. Since the whole show was like, I didn't mind a little open-endedness at all. It was all very much like The Leftovers in this respect.

In other words, forget the American version, because, for what it's worth, I highly recommend the French version...especially now, since the whole story is on Netflix. 16 episodes isn't a lot to commit to, when the quality is there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.