The "rewards repeated listens" thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Cubby, Apr 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteelyTom

SteelyTom Forum Resident

2. vivatones

vivatones Forum Resident

3. timind

timind phorum rezident

I've agreed with a few of the previous posters but, Bruce Springsteen's, The Wild, The Innocent, And The E Street Shuffle was the first album that came to mind for me.

I was stationed in Thailand back in 75 when I bought this album. Not sure what prompted me to get it as I don't think I knew who Bruce was then. Anyway, the first few listens left me cold and I recall all my friends having the same reaction. They kept telling me not to play it so I stopped when they were around. On my own though I listened a few more times and came to like it a lot.

Now I look at The Wild, The Innocent And The E Street Shuffle as my favorite Springsteen album. I think it's his best and has stood the test of time.

[​IMG]

chumlie likes this.
  4. martinb

martinb Senior Member

Astral Weeks. First heard it 30 years ago and didn't get it at all. Guess it's not an album for 14 year olds.

Tried a few times since then, but it's only in the last couple of years I've come to love it.

A more recent example would be Alt-J - An Awesome Wave, really didn't care for it on first listen, now it's one of my favourite albums of this decade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.