The Rolling Stones - From The Vault: Hyde Park 1969

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by John Fell, May 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

Ya Yas Deluxe, .... There was a DVD.

danielbravo and botley like this.
  2. Dhreview16

Dhreview16 Forum Resident

Really helpful. Is it worth launching a thread separately on this ? Sure it would be of interest.

dee and botley like this.
  3. botley

botley Forum Resident

I will do a little work and compile one shortly.

qtrules, vonwegen, dee and 4 others like this.
  4. telepicker97

telepicker97 Got Any Gum?

I've got the Exile Deluxe thing that came with Stones in Exile and Ladies & Gents DVD.

5. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

And Jamming With Edward...

6. Dhreview16

Dhreview16 Forum Resident

I'm in two minds on Hyde Park 69. Do I really need more Stones live stuff ? No. Would it be nice to have this for posterity, as it's the post Brian Jones, dove releasing (or was it butterflies ?) London event ? You bet...

7. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor Thread Starter

8. DrBeatle

DrBeatle The Rock and Roll Chemist

It was butterflies...half of them were dead by the time Mick released them, and they were a species the city of London had asked them not to release as they were harmful to the plants in the park, but the band did it anyway :laugh:

9. detroit muscle

detroit muscle MIA

Is there a workaround to get the FLAC shows if you are in one of the exempt countries? I can use a proxy server to tell Bravado I'm not in the UK, but my PayPal payment gives them my UK address.

posnera likes this.
  10. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

Good point, as several video releases were sold individually or bundled together.

11. George Blair

George Blair Senior Member

More live stuff -- hell yeah! That's what it's all about... Making up for years of crap live albums.

shepherdfan, Dhreview16 and Dave Hoos like this.
  12. cc--

cc-- Forum Resident

what you posted was great, but only the top layer -- it's the multiple configurations of each package that really gets confusing.

13. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

They had to keep up the outlaw image. Forget the drugs and alcohol and wild living. It was the butterflies that made their legend.... ;)

14. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

I will probably get this!

15. Jonboy

Jonboy Forum Resident

I've heard good things about the Altamont performance...

signothetimes53 likes this.
  16. telepicker97

telepicker97 Got Any Gum?

Well, it was long...

Some people equate "quantity" with "quality"??

Jonboy likes this.
  17. botley

botley Forum Resident

I'm trying to cover all of that here. Let me know over there if I left anything out.

Gazza63 and cc-- like this.
  18. George Blair

George Blair Senior Member

Well, it seems obvious they are putting out archive releases that include video. What I'd like to know is, after those are exhausted will they release more audio only archives. On one hand you could say they already did that with the Google Play downloads, but then we have audio only as part of the Sticky Fingers Deluxe Edition (Leeds and Roundhouse). Time will tell...

19. OldSoul

OldSoul Don't you hear the wind blowin'?

I still want Knebworth and/or Les Abattoirs. I understand all of the, deserved, Taylor-era love, but watching and listening to those punk-like, trashy Mick, shows is just way too fun.

20. botley

botley Forum Resident

Knebworth 1976 might be a possibility. I just discovered here that "Wild Horses" from that show was released as an official download in 2009. It seems to be deleted now, however.

vonwegen and OldSoul like this.
  21. MHP

MHP Lover of Rock ‘n Roll

Incredible.

A new Stones Vault release has taken us all by surprise.
    And then all the moaning and complaining starts: Wrong show, wrong decade... Bla bla bla!!!

They obviously can't get it right, can they?

If people would just be a LITTLE patient, then we might actually be able to ENJOY that they are giving us a fantastic run of new releases. We should be grateful!

22. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Japanese only "Spend the Night Together" 1981 tour blu-ray came out recently with surprisingly little mention here. The 1080p clips on youtube are jaw dropping even if some performance are better at Hampton.

23. Quincy

Quincy Senior Member

The 13 year old me would be shocked that after seeing these "Hot Stuff" became one of my favorite Stones songs. I'm guessing we'll get one of these within a year as they keep plucking the better quality videos for release. These I would buy as like the Forum show my boots are freaky colors from multiple VHS generations.

OldSoul likes this.
  24. brianvargo

brianvargo Senior Member

This is extraordinary, not to mention unexpected, news. The historic value of the show is beyond question, of course, but I for one really enjoy the performances. I can't wait to get 1969 performances of "Mercy, Mercy," "Down Home Girl," "I'm Yours and I'm Hers," "No Expectations," and "Loving Cup" in excellent sound, out-of-tune guitars and all.

As far as I'm concerned, the Stones are doing things very, very right these days.

25. howlinrock

howlinrock Forum Resident In Memoriam

Nice addition to marquee 71 .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.