The Rolling Stones - From The Vault: Hyde Park 1969

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by John Fell, May 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

Not as badly out of tune as the bonus (acoustic) audio/video tracks included on the Super Deluxed Edition of GET YER YA-YAS OUT, though!

Fullbug likes this.
  2. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

I've had an official Japanese Blu-ray Disc of HYDE PARK 1969 for a couple of years already, I think. No bonus material there, BTW. Slightly better sound and picture. No 5.1, IIRC.

3. Dave Hoos

Dave Hoos Nothing is revealed

Well said. I'm really looking forward to getting the Hyde Park performance in improved sound and vision. Especially as it features several songs that I doubt have been played since. Bring it on.

MHP, John Fell and Swedgen like this.
  4. Dave Hoos

Dave Hoos Nothing is revealed

No, I certainly don't. I'm looking into the same places you are. A Brian Jones era From The Vault release would be AWESOME.

5. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

This is wild. For the last year or so, a web-friend of mine has been creating a "complete" Hyde Park 69 DVD (with the tracks in the correct order) from the Granda TV film and the bonuses that came out a while ago. And now this is announced!

OldSoul likes this.
  6. ash1

ash1 Forum Resident

Kind of good news but it's not that great a performance and is as noted "quite" out of tune. I really wish ABKCO would sort out some Jones-era archival releases starting with Bill Wyman's Radio Luxembourg acetate.

AlienRendel, John Fell and crozcat like this.
  7. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

Despite the fact that the band were a little shakey that day, it is a fascinating time-capsule of a document. The original Granda TV film was brilliantly put together. It would be cool if they could include that, plus the show itself in the right order.

Dave Hoos, John Fell and OldSoul like this.
  8. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

Hold on now. We DO have a complete Brian Jones Audio concert Abkco put out in the Deluxe 'Charlie Is My Darling' Deluxe package. It's great and I'm surprised it hasn't gotten much print here. A whole unreleased early Stones concert...........and the silence is deafening....
    the beave

Fullbug, hutlock, Dave Hoos and 7 others like this.
  9. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor Thread Starter

I mentioned that earlier as well Beave. :uhhuh:

10. The Beave

Excellent John, I am surprised it hasn't gotten the kind of thread I thought an early unreleased Jones era show would get.
    the beave

11. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor Thread Starter

Me either Beave, especially considering some people only like the Brian Jones line up.

Classicolin likes this.
  12. We did actually discuss it some in a thread around the time it was released. Fantastic performance and decent recording...but horrible mastering IMHO; claustrophobic sounding with the upper mids pushed way too hard. And I'm not so sure the "stereo" as presented on the tracks is actually authentic either.

botley and danielbravo like this.
  13. The Beave

Good Points, I haven't listened to the Vinyl version of the concert so maybe that sounds better. But with Pro Tools around, in the right hands, all sorts of manipulations with the sound is possible. Have you heard the 'True' stereo version of 'She Loves You' that was on youtube a couple of years ago??? The damn thing sounded authentic, and the guy did it in software using the mono, because there is No stereo, and 'painting' or re painting the audio spectrum to pull some instruments out of one channel and create a second, discrete channel. Scary as it did sound authentic, just like the stereo tracks on 'Please Please Me'.
    the beave

14. danielbravo

danielbravo Senior Member

Good news, but I doubt that this "new release" can beat the quality of previous releases of the vault series... I have the Japanese version in Blu-Ray with restored audio and image but I think that for a recorded film so precarious you can't found a great improvement there ... The performance is not complete (which means that if not available for this old Japanese or others dvd releases then the band obviously has audio for the entire concert) and although the sound is better than previous DVD versions but I can not expect a sound miracle here.

Perhaps the Rolling Stones have a better record of this concert with a decent sound quality (but I doubt it)
    [​IMG]

The Rolling Stones / Hyde Park Concert [Blu-ray]
    COXY-1031

This is the version that I have. Compared to the original DVD is "far" superior to any I have seen (and heard before) but still not a breakthrough!

If there are other best tapes and good quality film footage of the concert it would be interesting to know its origin, especially considering that the film was directly made for a TV broadcast (Granada Television)

Sad but it is not a great performance, it's pretty bad (has only historical and sentimental value IMO)

Last edited: May 30, 2015
    John Fell and footlooseman like this.
  15. marcb

marcb Senior Member

It's still fake stereo, albeit a more sophisticated fake stereo.

16. ash1

ash1 Forum Resident

there's a bunch more great Jpnes-era Stones that should be released in addition. best Stones line-up despite MT's best efforts.

17. signothetimes53

signothetimes53 Senior Member

It's surprisingly good. I've had a boot of the audio for years, an audience recording, and if you didn't know what's coming in terms of the chaos that stopped the show in its tracks, you'd be very impressed by the quality of the performance up to that point.

Jonboy likes this.
  18. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Are physical versions of Leeds or Brussels legally available from any country in an affordable version?

19. danielbravo

danielbravo Senior Member

No
    No but expensive Yes

20. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Forum Resident

I just listened to my 10" vinyl of it last week. Very cool! That whole package is beautiful and the concert footage on the DVD is awesome.

Mark

Terry likes this.
  21. Dave Garrett

Dave Garrett Senior Member

Network released a Region B Blu-ray in the UK a couple of years ago that has some bonus material including incomplete versions of "Stray Cat Blues" and "No Expectations". There was a 1080p version of the film up on YouTube for a while that I'm pretty sure was ripped from this disc, but it was taken down a month or two ago.

[​IMG]

rstamberg likes this.
  22. CDmp3

CDmp3 Forum Resident

The DVD is enough on this concert.

23. Crungy

Crungy Forum Resident

I have this version. The performance is pretty bad, but it's an enjoyable viewing for the time capsule factor of that era. It's cool to see Robert Fripp behind the stage checking out the Stones.

24. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

It seems like several of the archived shows they've released have been shorter set shows.

25. Nielsoe

Nielsoe Forum Resident

If only they would release all of them on vinyl I wouldn't complain..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.