The Rolling Stones No Filter European Tour 2017-2018*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Stan94, May 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xfilian

xfilian Forum Resident

The Stones FB page give a start time of 18:00 and an end time of 23:00 - therefore I would assume Stones will be on about 20.30?

As an aside, I am a first time Stones concert attendee and I would much rather hear deep cuts than the popular songs. Sure, it will be great to hear Brown Sugar and Satisfaction live, but I honestly think I would rather hear something like Stray Cat Blues, Sway, Moonlight Mile, Slave etc. In the FB polls, both songs I desperately wanted to hear lost out - Bitch lost to Under My Thumb (which is a decent track but a bit of a borefest IMO) and worse still, Rocks Off lost to LSTNT :realmad:. I am taking my Mum who is a child of the sixties - she wants to hear You Better Move On and Ruby Tuesday :D. Whatever, I'm sure it will be a fantastic show and its one of I have been meaning to tick of the bucket list for a looonnnggg time.

ssmith3046 likes this.
  2. joe1320

joe1320 Forum Resident

i
    In Dublin last Thursday night they came on stage at 20:30 and off at 22:30, I hope this helps

Carl80 and xfilian like this.
  3. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

Exactly! I've been a fan for 53 years and every time the Stones announce a tour it puts a smile on my face.

SteveFff, Carl80, Meyer and 1 other person like this.
  4. telepicker97

telepicker97 Got Any Gum?

Amen.
    Just go and enjoy the songs they play, because they are playing them amazingly well.

This is the setlist I saw :
    1. Start Me Up

2. It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It)

3. Tumbling Dice

4. Doom and Gloom

5. Beast of Burden

6. Kansas City

7. Bitch

8. Wild Horses
    9. Street Fighting Man

10. Honky Tonk Women

11. Before They Make Me Run
      (Keith Richards on lead vocals)

12. Happy
      (Keith Richards on lead vocals)

13. Midnight Rambler

14. Miss You

15. Gimme Shelter

16. Jumpin' Jack Flash

17. Sympathy for the Devil

18. Brown Sugar
    19. You Can't Always Get What You Want
      (with The University of Missouri - KC Vocal Choir)

20. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

And it was amazing. A highlight of my life.

5. Just1more

Just1more Member

Thanks again to all that responded. I just bought a ticket through an eBay auction. £140 for a ticket in a £205 section so I guess I should be happy. N1406 Row 1. I guess they look decent enough but I hope they're raised a bit so I don't have to compete with everyone in the general admission pits. The section starts right where the golden circle stand area ends. Oh well, what's done is done. Guess I'll figure it out in person in about 2 weeks.

On another note….The lady I'm buying these from got them of "pre-sale" and only paid the £140 for them. I'm guessing this is for certain credit card holders or employees of certain companies? £65 off isn't exactly a small amount... and first pick of seats as well. I go to buy a ticket at ticket master and it shows £205 for seats in the same section. Are promotions like this normal or am I missing something?

6. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

Until recently, it amused me to think that many of the real rock and roll pioneers -- Little Richard, Chuck Berry, Jerry Lee Lewis and Fats Domino -- were still active!

Steve Litos, budwhite and Meyer like this.
  7. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Forum Resident

What's done is done. Leave it at that and enjoy the show.

Just1more likes this.
  8. Steve Litos

Steve Litos Senior Member

True.

Jerry Lee Lewis is still somewhat active.
    Catch him if you can.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  9. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Oops! Hit the wrong button.

[Edit] Ugh! I was going to post a breakdown I created of the songs played per territory during the Voodoo Lounge tour, but the Forum software is ruining the formatting, making the exercise pointless. In any case, the Stones did have a lot of variability throughout the VL, B2B/NS and Licks tours, with the proviso that a big chunk of each setlist was fixed around the 'warhorses' (BS, HTW, JJF, etc.). However, they were playing more songs per night, and could change up to 8 songs per show. That is obviously not possible within the confines of an 18 song setlist based on the biggest hits.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
    signothetimes53 likes this.
  10. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

That could be. I might not remember because it wasn't that important to me at the time. This was before internet forums and such and no one really expected huge setlist variations. But, I went to nearly every Tokyo Dome Show back then - it was amazing, just an eight minute subway ride from my office.

11. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

No problem, best to be in your seat by 20:30 as others have said they came on stage in Dublin at this time, the event organisers just sent me the below info times so there is no link really.

• 15:00 Gates Open to Stadium Island Facilities
    • 17:00 London Stadium Opens
    • 18:30 Start of Show
    • 20:30 Last Entry

Just1more likes this.
  12. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

What time did the support act come on in Dublin ?

13. joe1320

joe1320 Forum Resident

Support act 7:15 till 7:45 Local band only got 30 mins

Carl80 likes this.
  14. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

You would expect Liam Gallagher to get an hour slot , hopefully.

15. xfilian

xfilian Forum Resident

Half an hour will be plenty for me..... :D

mark ab, johnnybrum and MrGrumpy like this.
  16. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Glad Liam is on tonight rather than some of the other support acts that where announced for other dates.

17. brownsound2112

brownsound2112 Forum Resident

looking at it another way, at least theres no pressure to get there early when my show is Florence. Proper nails down the blackboard for me, that.

johnnybrum and Carl80 like this.
  18. dead of night

dead of night Senior Member

How much does each Stone make per concert, rough guess?

19. Just1more

Just1more Member

“They will probably make more money playing arenas than they would playing stadiums, because the overhead costs for playing a stadium are enormous,” says Gary Bongiovanni, editor of the concert industry publication Pollstar. “If the Stones average $250 per ticket and sell 15,000 seats they can gross $3.75 million from that one show.”

Compare that with when the Stones played a four-night stand at the then-Oakland Coliseum in 1994. The band sold 199,285 tickets priced at $20 to $50, grossing $9.4 million, according to Bongiovanni. That means the Stones grossed about $2.35 million per night.

20. Just1more

Just1more Member

21. Just1more

Just1more Member

That's from 2013 already

22. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

That's just a ridiculous thing for the editor of Pollstar (!!) to say. So incredibly dumb it leaves you amazed he has the job he does (maybe he'll lose it after that). The Stones gross for a stadium show these days is anywhere from $8 - $11 million. He should read his own company's statistics.

There is no way they make more money playing arenas than stadiums in most areas. The only time the Stones grossed near $8- $9 million playing arenas was in late 2012, when they played six special shows at the O2 in London and the Prudential Center in New Jersey. Some of you may remember the pain of attending those shows. The average ticket price was $540, with "tongue pit" tix for $1800, lower bowl seats for $825 and upper bowl at $450/$250. They would never get those prices today.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  23. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

I'm going to the show on the 25th, and I'm actually looking forward to seeing Florence & the Machine. She's very popular in the UK - I think she actually headlined Hyde Park a couple of years ago, which really surprised me.

24. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

The Specials, Elbow and Florence & The Machine are all excellent in concert! Not sure what Richard Ashcroft will do outside of The Verve -- he played here 2 weeks ago with Liam Gallagher at the small-ish Masonic, but I couldn't make it even though they were selling $20 tickets at one point.

25. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.