The Rolling Stones No Filter European Tour 2017-2018*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Stan94, May 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. warewolf95

warewolf95 Forum Resident

I care too. Voodoo Lounge and Bridges to Babylon are in my top 10 Stones albums and I'm a big fan of all the tours, especially 94-2003. :)

2. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident

It doesn't do anything for you while sitting at your computer thousands of miles from the show where the songs are actually being played ;) Don't forget that these set lists aren't supposed to titillate fans checking in on their computers/phones--the song themselves still need to be played live. Those songs may not mean much on paper but I know if I was there I would've thought it was a cool treat to hear.

3. warewolf95

warewolf95 Forum Resident

Again, you're absolutely right about that. I'm speaking just as a 2nd hand listener/follower. Actually being at the show, hell they could flatulate into the mic all night and I'd still lose my mind. :D

RogerB and MRamble like this.
  4. Totti is god

Totti is god Forum Resident

And??????

5. ajsmith

ajsmith Senior Member

At least 'Out Of Control' is gone.

Jack likes this.
  6. keef285

keef285 Forum Resident

Maybe this was the little spat between Keef 'n' Mick.

7. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

Pretty funny. Classic Stones trainwreck. Jagger just keeps going and Richards looks pissed. Technical malfunction or is the palm tree incident cathing up on Keith?

mick_sh and warewolf95 like this.
  8. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

From most accounts the "palm tree incident" caught up with Keith on the Bigger Bang tour, it's probably down to pure old age at this point...

I gave a listen to "Dancing With Mr D" from the Hamburg show...not a bad rendition, all things considered, Ronnie did an okay job of channeling Taylor on the slide guitar. But I'd still like to know what the hell possessed them to bring that song out of mothballs after 44 years (I also notice it seems to have vanished from the setlist already...)

enro99 and warewolf95 like this.
  9. RoryMcBride

RoryMcBride Forum Resident

Self-Shredding

10. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

they are charging the same amount for tickets and cutting songs.

11. nojmplease

nojmplease Host, You Can't Unhear This

Yikes...that reminds me of those fast food restaurant "ad vs. reality" comparisons. You see the slick promos for this tour on one hand, and then these fan videos really say it all...

joethomas1 and TonyCzar like this.
  12. California Couple

California Couple dislike us on facebook

For a band that keeps putting out new live products, you would think that they would start playing a batch of different songs live so us buyers would have a reason to purchase another Live package.

New material = a reason to purchase.

John Fell likes this.
  13. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

That sucks, it is one of their best songs, post 1981.

enro99, vitorbastos123, Sean and 5 others like this.
  14. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident

Thanks for posting. Watching it a few times but I can't put my finger on what exactly happened. It looked as if he was cut off by Mick but it does not appear that Mick came in early or anything. He was right on cue. Not sure what got Keith so peeved?

15. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident

Agreed but to be honest they don't really play out the jam like they did back in the day . It's much more abbreviated now which takes away some of its luster.

16. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

Nothing was amiss afaict, I think Keith just got lost in his own space and thought Jagger came in early.

17. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident

Yup looks that way to me.

The Beave likes this.
  18. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident

I don't think playing stadiums agrees with the band anymore. Something about it just doesn't sit well with me these days. I think they sound better in arenas. They'll be playing some arenas soon and I think we'll see a slightly different dynamic at those shows.

Bowie Fett, warewolf95 and bonus like this.
  19. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Even video releases of the stuff they do play would be welcome. 2013 Taylor version of Knocking on the Fonda dvd as a bonus or picking just warhorses on Ole.

footlooseman and warewolf95 like this.
  20. RogerB

RogerB Forum Resident

Yea that appears to be Keith's mentality these days. He screws up all the time these days and you don't see Mick throw a tantrum on stage about it.

Keith could have just kept on playing and nobody would have thought much about the goof. But Keith has to show his butt.

He's become quite the cranky old man...

enro99, The Beave and mick_sh like this.
  21. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

When Mr. Richards is on the stage, anything can happen. That’s why every Stones show is unique, even with the same setlist.

We’ll really miss the days when we could just buy a ticket and have Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie playing for us in our country.

California Couple, reb, Sean and 4 others like this.
  22. MHP

MHP Lover of Rock ‘n Roll

Which I think is unfortunate. The song is, at least for me, one of the highlights of their later years.
    And it really works live.

23. RogerB

RogerB Forum Resident

Agree. It's the modern day Midnight Rambler. Pure theater live!

ssmith3046, MRamble and MHP like this.
  24. MHP

MHP Lover of Rock ‘n Roll

If going to a Stones show is about the missing amount of 2 songs, then people are surely out of touch with what's going on. It then will become quantity vs. quality. Not a good sign.

25. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

As Charlie has said, most bands follow the drummer. This bands follows Keith. But when Keith get lost, at least the drummer can steer the ship. Keith seemed to double down on his own confusion.

MRamble and RogerB like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.