The Rolling Stones No Filter European Tour 2017-2018*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Stan94, May 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Yeah, I've been seeing the Stones live since 1989, and they've always been hit or miss over that span - sometimes with extremes in the span of a few days! I remember seeing shows close together in 2006 - one would be a dud and then the other would be amazing.

Keith was pretty consistently "off" on the Licks Tour, IIRC...

warewolf95 and MHP like this.
  2. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Hope the vote includes heartbreaker for Amsterdam and it gets played, I know there's no chance of that happening.

warewolf95 likes this.
  3. California Couple

California Couple dislike us on facebook

Let's hope not. I need one more shot of an original album.

warewolf95, MRamble and footlooseman like this.
  4. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

One More Shot/Doom and Gloom from 2012 were worthwhile.

5. warewolf95

warewolf95 Forum Resident

Absolutely.

I thought One More Shot was just OK like Don't Stop, but Doom and Gloom was one of their best rockers in a while. It's my favorite post-Voodoo Lounge rocker besides Rough Justice.

6. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident

The studio version of One More Shot leaves me cold but worked real well live.

warewolf95 likes this.
  7. SoundAdvice

Zurich on Wednesday had Dancing Mr D/Like a Rolling Stone/2 songs from L&B/Keith doing Happy in a 20 song set.

Curious how many changes they do for the 3 Paris shows.

ohnothimagen likes this.
  8. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

aphexj likes this.
  9. vinyldreams

vinyldreams Forum Resident

10. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

[​IMG]

Sean and MRamble like this.
  11. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident

That's beautiful. The whole band alive. Only Keith can pull of a riff so simple and monotonous and make it sound great.

Sean and enro99 like this.
  12. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident

And with Dancing With Mr. D back in its original key of Am the song finally lifts.

winston32, ruben lopez, Sean and 4 others like this.
  13. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident

One of the highlights of the tour so far:

Jack, reb, aphexj and 1 other person like this.
  14. SoundAdvice

live debut from L&B album.

15. Senor Muddy

Senor Muddy Forum Resident

The bar is set so low for this band now it cracks me up. If they massacre an entire show, the apologists come out in full force; it is so great just that they are playing at their age, they were always sloppy etc. etc. They play a merely competent show and its the best thing they ever did.

16. Jgirar01

Jgirar01 Forum Resident

Yikes- I love the Stones but these video clips are pretty bad. Can't see paying the big bucks to see them anymore. Maybe I am getting cynical as I loved the Voodoo Lounge tour and have seen them in 1975, 1999 also and was mesmerized but good grief these video clips are terrible.

Jim

17. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Forum Resident

The show they just did in Switzerland was like a completely new, revived band.

Sean, Carl80 and MRamble like this.
  18. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident

Exactly. It's clear to anyone who is truly listening.

MrGrumpy and Jack like this.
  19. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

The bass playing has been remarkably excellent, at .52 you can also see Darryl singing backing vocals. I've finally come around to accepting the fact that Bill Wyman is retired....I was a big fan of his bass style.

MRamble likes this.
  20. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident

Normally nothing to write home about but the stars lined up last night for this one.

ruben lopez and RogerB like this.
  21. Zack

Zack Senior Member

Crack thyself up to your heart's content, hoss. Matter of fact, it is "so great just that they are playing" at their age. They were always sloppy -- too true! Hooray for "merely competent" shows from septugenarians. (I'm talking to you too, Pete!)

Though geographically unavailable to see any of these shows, and I won't be adding them to my bootleg collection, I am glad they are happening, as Keith might say, for the glory. :)

22. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

[​IMG]

Zurich - Mick- looking slick

MRamble likes this.
  23. SoundAdvice

Is Ronnie doing more "heavy lifting" than past tours to keep Keith on track?

24. Senor Muddy

Senor Muddy Forum Resident

I'm glad people are enjoying them and if they come to my neck of the woods I will surely go. I'm just no longer travelling to London, Amsterdam, NYC , Boston etc to see them anymore. Why? Because there are hundreds of other bands I'd rather see.

Age has nothing to with it. I saw Neil Young last year in Telluride with Promise of the Real, been seeing him since 1976 Still Young tour, He was better than ever, saw Gilmour 5 times in 2016 , as good as ever. They aren't spring chickens, plus they were featuring and supporting new material!!

Went to Telluride Blues and Brews this past weekend every band there was better than the current day Rolling Stones IMO. You see I DO listen! It certainly is not fair to compare the current day Stones with the glories of their past, even if their shows are basically a trip down memory lane. That's a high bar for anyone. But I do think it is a fair to judge them by what's currently out there, and which shows I choose to go to!!! I choose to spend my dollars elsewhere.

I love the Stones but I love music more.

MRamble likes this.
  25. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident

Yes. It's increased incrementally since probably the ABB tour. Fans of the old Ronnie Wood from The Faces should enjoy him these days because his playing is closer to that now these days.

ohnothimagen and reb like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.