The Rolling Stones to tour North America in June & July of 2015

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Baba Oh Really, Feb 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baba Oh Really

Baba Oh Really Certified "Forum Favorite" Thread Starter

2. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

I need to se them this time 'round. Haven't been to a Stones show since 1994!

Licorice pizza, botley, Jack and 3 others like this.
  3. OldSoul

OldSoul Don't you hear the wind blowin'?

Yay! I have a chance!

botley and John Grimes like this.
  4. duggan

duggan Senior Member

I haven't seen then since the early 90's and have to admit that I'm no longer interested in seeing them perform live.

They have chosen the Greatest Hits/ Best Of style of set list and good luck to them. Once I've seen that style of show, admittedly with some variation, a few times I tend to feel satiated. Conversely I have seen multiple Dylan and Neil Young shows over recent decades due to their usual practice of not playing that type of set list.

Fastnbulbous and alchemy like this.
  5. ReggieTheVaper

ReggieTheVaper Forum Resident

STILL looking as youthful as ever on stage...

[​IMG]

6. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

If they came to Nashville, I'd go, but I wasn't particularly impressed with the setlists of the 2014 shows (or their short length) to justify their prices plus travel costs. I'm not sure how to make these shows special when you've basically been playing a similar set since 1989, but it definitely seemed like the 'safest' Stones tour since Steel Wheels, from a musical standpoint. And they're definitely a band I'd love to see again, but I'd also want a different experience than when I saw them in '97 and 2003. Or at least some new music (even if I'm the only person who wants that).

mark ab and melstapler like this.
  7. Judge Wolfe

Judge Wolfe Forum Resident

Its sad knowing they have enough catalog to play a different set list every night for at least a 3 night stand - and their plowing through the same old warhorses every night...

8. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

The prices they charge few people go to more than one show and 90% of those who go are more rich folks who want to check the box and only know the hits. They play to their market and maximize their revenue. It's only $ and cents but they like it (where's a cents key anymore anyway?)

9. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

The 2013 dates offered those $85 "lottery tickets". I'll be curious to see if those continue to be a factor. They were great!

MikeTV, botley, maxnix and 2 others like this.
  10. Lk4605

Lk4605 Forum Resident

...a very good news..!!..

Licorice pizza, botley and Sean like this.
  11. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

I am no longer interested for a variety of reasons, but the set-list is not a major gripe. Even in '13, they played some "deep tracks" alongside the warhorses. There is no way to expect the band to play a concert with 50% or more deep cuts in place of hits that the majority of concertgoers will be paying top dollar to hear and see. The Who's "50th Anniversary" sets have attempted to include more "rarities," but at the end of the day, the only way to fill the arenas is to play to the crowd. That said, I will not be attending.

ted321, JoeRockhead and duggan like this.
  12. duggan

duggan Senior Member

Error in the post above, saw them in about 2004, a wholly predictable show.

13. goodboyfred

goodboyfred Forum Resident

They keep touring to pad their already massive bank accounts but where is the want to create any new material. I know they did it all in the 60's and 70's but how about going to the well of inspiration one more time. Guess there's no money there.

14. Muggles

Muggles Forum Resident

[QUOTE="Rfreeman, post: 11858838, member: 22859(where's a cents key anymore anyway?)[/QUOTE]

ALT + 0162

Brother_Rael and Rfreeman like this.
  15. howlinrock

howlinrock Forum Resident In Memoriam

Could be another ..... just one last shot anyone who's not seem them yet. This tour is more than in pencil. I'll go once again maybe with the lucky draws.

16. tdavis0903

tdavis0903 Forum Resident

In May 2013, I went into the hospital, facing possible open heart surgery. I was lucky to come out with two stents on a Friday and the doctor, dear doctor cleared me to go the Stones at United Center that Tuesday night, their Chicago opener. I danced and rocked the whole show, and seeing Mick Taylor back live after 39 years was amazing, Midnight Rambler rocked. Call me an old classic rock fan, I thought AC/DC was awesome at the Grammy's vs. all the crap that serves as today's music, warhorses or deep track rarities, these classic bands are fading away fast, so I will enjoy these late years tours as much as possible. At this rate, could see the Stones, Who, AC/DC, U2, all pass through Chicago this summer, so bring it on!

RubenH, pscreed, I333I and 7 others like this.
  17. simon-wagstaff

simon-wagstaff Forum Resident

Who do you think they are, the Grateful Dead?

:)

Fatman likes this.
  18. deadbirdie

deadbirdie Senior Member

Yeah buddy! That's exactly how I feel. I'll go see the Stones again, definitely.

botley, Terry and John Grimes like this.
  19. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

People have been saying that since 1981, if not earlier.

I doubt any "fans" were really seeing them for the first time in 2012/13 in the US markets they've hot so many times before. Plus possible younger fans were priced out of the market without winning a ticket lottery.

20. RockDude4492

RockDude4492 Forum Resident

I saw them for the first time on their 2013 tour, solely because I wasn't old enough to see them earlier. I certainly consider myself a true fan, and the only way I can measure that is saying I own everything they've done (Beggars Banquet is my favorite, but I would also rank Between the Buttons up there) and that I got most excited about the prospect of them having Mick Taylor with them.

I actually got really lucky with the lottery tickets. My dad and I got to the venue (TD Garden) and they gave us balcony seats. This was no matter, I was just excited to be seeing the Stones, but then this guy came around, and after passing us by a few times, he came over and asked us if we would like to move to the floor. It was a fantastic show, I only regret not going to the show earlier in the week, since they played "Sway" with Mick Taylor for the fan-voted song (we got "Memory Motel," which is all right, but I would have strongly preferred another Taylor song).

Anyway, back on topic, I think this is good news, and if they offer $85 tickets again and bring Mick Taylor along, I may have to see them again. I would love it if they gave Mick Taylor a bigger role this go-round, but at this point I don't see it happening.

highway, NaturalD, Jack and 1 other person like this.
  21. haven't seen them since voodoo lounge, but would love to see them one last time to take my son, age 11.

longaway, botley and Tree of Life like this.
  22. jumpinjulian

jumpinjulian Forum Resident

The Australian tour last year was dynamite. Saw 5 shows.
    If they're coming near you and you can afford a ticket you'd be crazy not to go!

23. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

haven't seen them since 2005

24. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

1997 here. :D

25. John Grimes

John Grimes Forum Resident

I don't know what some are b*tchin' about but, I haven't seen the Stones since November 1994, and would love the opportunity to see them again.

Revolver, botley, rstamberg and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.