The Rolling Stones to tour North America in June & July of 2015

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Baba Oh Really, Feb 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

http://www.pollstar.com/news_article.aspx?ID=817131
    Pollstar is saying the 2015 shows were delayed for a ticketing issue.

Who said AEG had merch rights?

Some fun reading from 2013 about the Stones/AEG guarantees and ticket pricing:
    http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,1827709,1828194
    http://www.theguardian.com/music/2013/may/04/rolling-stones-face-pay-cut-ticket-prices-slashed
    http://www.pollstar.com/news_article.aspx?ID=805285

2. pablorkcz

pablorkcz ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

They must be printing commemorative tickets for everybody but ran out of glittery ink ;)

3. botley

botley Forum Resident

4. SoundAdvice

http://www.pollstar.com/news_article.aspx?ID=805285
    Announcement now March 31st?

Billboard/Pollstar don't use scalper as sources. I doubt scalper got much action on that tour given the base prices for tickets.

5. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

But that's not a Thursday! They're going to have to change those billboards!! ;)

6. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

It's April already ?

Could have fooled me...:D

John Fell likes this.
  7. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

8. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Eventually, if they keep putting billboards up for all 7 days of the week, at least one of them will be right. Probably April Fool's Day will be the announcement date. ;)

9. dance_hall_keeper

dance_hall_keeper Forum Resident

Investing in digital billboards seems to be a smart addition to one's portfolio.

majorlance, davers and Mark Wilson like this.
  10. SoundAdvice

The Stones could just promise to play "Ruby Tuesday" at all the shows with Billboards.

pablorkcz likes this.
  11. blehman

blehman Forum Resident

Truthfully, yes

12. Wright

Wright Forum Resident

[​IMG]

http://www.rollingstones.com/tickets/

- The Rolling Stones ZIP CODE tour will take the band to 15 stadiums in 15 cities in North America!

- General on sale for all shows in the USA starts at 10am Local, Monday April 13.

- Wristbands for Le Festival D’Été de Québec, Canada, go on sale at 12pm Local, Saturday April 11.

- American Express® Card Members can purchase tickets for US dates before the general public, beginning Wednesday, April 8.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
    tootull and Sean like this.
  13. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

Orlando Friday June 12 baby!!! I'll be there! :agree:

14. Wright

Wright Forum Resident

So, I guess the tour name ties into the Sticky Fingers re-issue (zip/zipper)... Guess we'll have to see if the setlists will be Sticky-centric!

OldSoul likes this.
  15. tootull

tootull Looking through a glass onion

Rolling Stones new 'Zip Code' tour only has 1 Canadian date: Quebec City
    Band's 15-city North American tour will wrap up at Festival d’été de Québec on July 15
    The Associated Press Posted: Mar 31, 2015 9:16 AM ET Last Updated: Mar 31, 2015 9:16 AM ET

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/rolling...nly-has-1-canadian-date-quebec-city-1.3016094
    The tour will wrap with a summer concert on the Plains of Abraham on July 15, at Festival d’été de Québec in Quebec City.

Presale tickets for the Quebec City concert go on sale on April 9 and will cost $78 plus shipping. Regular price tickets are available for $88 plus shipping on April 11.

[​IMG]

Mick Jagger, Charlie Watts and Keith Richards of The Rolling Stones perform at New Brunswick's Magnetic Hill in 2005. The band announced their 15-city 'Zip Code' tour Tuesday that will culminate with a concert at the Festival d’été de Québec. (Paul Chiasson/Canadian Press)

footlooseman likes this.
  16. Claxton

Claxton I like chicks and cars and partyin’ hard

My issue...deciding whether or not to get a ticket for my 4 year old, who is actually a pretty big Stones fan. I know this is pretty much the only chance she'll ever get to attend one of their shows.

17. tootull

18. tootull

Rolling Stones Announce Summer Tour, 'Sticky Fingers' Reissue
    Album reissue will contain previously unreleased takes from band's sessions and live recordings from early Seventies

By Kory Grow March 31, 2015

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...sticky-fingers-reissue-20150331#ixzz3VyoooM1r

The Rolling Stones will return to North American stadiums this summer for the 15-city Zip Code tour. The tour will kick off May 24th at San Diego's Petco Park, criss-crossing the country before ending July 15th at Quebec's Le Festival D’Été de Québec. The tour name plays off the jeans-focused cover of the group's classic 1971 album, Sticky Fingers, which it will be reissuing in a deluxe format on May 26th.
    The band will play hits-filled sets, as well as selections of what it's calling "special gems" from its catalog. The last time the group toured U.S. stadiums was in 2007.

The group intends to elevate its stadium performances with a stage that will extend deep into the audience, as well as video screens and special effects. Tickets for all U.S. shows go on sale April 13th, while the Quebec date goes on sale April 11th.

19. DrBeatle

DrBeatle The Rock and Roll Chemist

In a way I'm relieved they aren't coming anywhere near me...now I don't have to feel guilty that I still haven't seen them. I've seen Paul, Ringo, "The Who" (w/John), and Page and Plant...along with the Davies brothers, the Stones are the only ones of my 60s heroes I haven't seen (but hope to someday if they're still around!)

20. spotlightkid

spotlightkid Senior Member

Top ticket about $350-$365 each not VIP.

21. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

No NYC area dates
    :realmad:

May 24 - San Diego, CA @ Petco Park
    May 30 - Columbus, OH @ Ohio Stadium
    June 3 - Minneapolis, MN @ TCF Bank Stadium
    June 6 - Dallas, TX @ AT&T Stadium
    June 9 - Atlanta, GA @ Bobby Dodd Stadium
    June 12 - Orlando, FL @ Orlando Citrus Bowl
    June 17 - Nashville, TN @ LP Field
    June 20 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Heinz Field
    June 23 - Milwaukee, WI @ Summerfest / Marcus Amphitheater
    June 27 - Kansas City, MO @ Arrowhead Stadium
    July 1 - Raleigh, NC @ Carter-Finley Stadium
    July 4 - Indianapolis, IN @ Indianapolis Motor Speedway
    July 8 - Detroit, MI @ Comerica Park
    July 11 - Buffalo, NY @ Ralph Wilson Stadium
    July 15 - Quebec, QC @ Le Festival D’Été de Québec

DrBeatle likes this.
  22. DrBeatle

DrBeatle The Rock and Roll Chemist

My same thoughts...nothing in Boston (or NYC, which is doable). Oh well. Next time (hopefully...)

23. Wright

Wright Forum Resident

Almost a week between the San Diego and Columbus shows, though... They might fit in one more, and there was a rumored NYC show. Unless they go to the Northwest then...

24. blehman

blehman Forum Resident

Nothing against Summerfest/Milwaukee, but that one is perplexing. I would have thought they would have done Miller Park instead as it isn't a stadium venue like the rest of the tour. Any insight?

25. grbl

grbl Just Lurking

Wow...no New York...no LA...no SF...no Chicago

OldSoul likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.