"The Savage She-Hulk"-the Movie that got away!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by mr_mjb1960, Jun 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr_mjb1960

mr_mjb1960 I'm a Tarrytowner 'Til I die! Thread Starter

This movie was never completed for one reason or another (me thinks its was lack of funds,or protests from Marvel),and,I think they (Meaning Marvel Comics) should reconsider reshooting "The Savage She-Hulk" as there are still a lot of She-Hulk fans out there who feel as if they've been left out to dry! Does anyone here feel like they should reconsider this as well?

2. TSmithPage

TSmithPage Ex Post Facto Member

Well, who would you cast in the title role? I suppose you could go the computer graphics route, but that often looks cheesy (for example the Hulk movie before the most recent remake). I'm all for big bulking Amazonian women but Brigitte Nielsen is too old for the role.

No disrespect to Stan Lee, but I always thought the character was weak, especially the name, which seems a rift on He-Man. That said, a lot of Marvel's writers have done a surprisingly good job at developing the character.

3. mr_mjb1960

mr_mjb1960 I'm a Tarrytowner 'Til I die! Thread Starter

Cory Everson or Annie Rivecchio as the She-Hulk (The way Annie rips shirts is terrifying,yet,beautiful,too!) and as Jennie Jennifer Lopez!:righton:

4. ziggysane

ziggysane Forum Resident

I believe that She-Hulk and Spider Woman and the characters of that generation were originally copyright insurance so that no other company could create female take-offs of Marvel's best characters. (Edit: It was actually a defense against TV show clones (like the Bionic Woman) to ensure that Marvel would retain the rights).

5. hi_watt

hi_watt The Road Warrior

Marvel's been having a crappy streak lately, and I don't believe this film would be that good, ala the HULK. That was a bit disappointing. Lemme have a chance at directing one!!! C'mon Marvel.h

6. RDK

RDK Active Member

I don't think this was ever intended (at least seriously) as a feature film. They did produce a TV pilot about 15 years ago, but it was never picked up (and I'm not even sure it was ever shot). Horrible idea if you ask me.

7. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I don't think most people want to see a giant, green musclebound woman. Comic movies appeal to a limited subset anyway, and this would really be a limited subset of a limited subset.

8. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

$583 million worldwide for Iron Man 2 ain't that crappy.

9. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I'm pretty sure She-Hulk predated He-Man...

10. TSmithPage

TSmithPage Ex Post Facto Member

Yeah, you're probably right, although both were early 80s creations, I think She-Hulk debuted a couple of years before He-Man. I really meant that both were equally lame names. I don't know what the feminine of "Hulk" would be otherwise, but it seems like Stan could have come up with something better than "She-Hulk". The Her-k? Hulkette? Shulk? No, they're all pretty lame...

11. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

The roll was tailor-made for Lucy Lawless...let's hope they decide to try it before she gets too old to train for it.

12. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

I enjoyed reading the comic when Steve Gerber was writing it, but don't think there;s enough there for a movie.

13. nikh33

nikh33 Senior Member

I saw a compendium of John Brynes' She Hulk comics in a store window in about 1991 and went in to buy it! Which is something I have never done before OR since! I thought it was excellent, and any movie ought to be based on that self-referential, self-aware version. Amy Grant on steroids. It'll never happen!

14. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

:confused: Iron Man and Hulk were two of the best comic movies since Superman/Superman II.

15. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Just to clarify... She-Hulk debuted before He-Man, in February 1980. He-Man and the Masters of the Universe didn't roll out until 1982.

16. Sometimes it's best if they roam wild and free but not on our movie screens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.