The Simpsons to end soon... maybe.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by PaulKTF, Sep 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

It gets 'POINTS!' from me, 'coz it's a 'pause-button' show!
    TONS of 'jokey' titles are littered all around the episode!

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  2. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member Thread Starter

Oh yeah, that's it. :)

3. vince

A funny episode where Homer's on the run from the Feds for illegally downloading a movie!
    A star-studded episode!

4. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

There's a parody of the Star Wars saga involved too, If I recall correctly.

vince likes this.
  5. Complier

Complier Senior Member

This show has been ending for the past 10 years. Hopefully one day it really will.

Moonbeam Skies likes this.
  6. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

It really needs to end.

7. I remember the first 5 or so years fondly. I made a point of watching it and it was a highlight (TV-wise) of the week for me.

Then it became "OK" for the most part. I would watch it it, but no big deal if I missed it. A few years later, I'd watch if there was nothing else on. Somewhere along the way, I stopped really caring.

Recently, for whatever reason, I caught a few of the episodes from about 2009-2012. :thumbsdow

It's past it's time.

8. The Fox corporation owns The Simpsons lock, stock and barrel. While Jean is the showrunner, he has no say over the show continuing in some form. People are delusional if they don't think the voice actors can and will be replaced. They were fully prepared to replace Shearer earlier this year when he had his hissy fit.

Vidiot likes this.
  9. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I just watched the season opener of The Simpsons, where they're trying to spice things up by having Homer & Marge separate and date other people, and it was just awful. That's the worst episode I've seen in a good long time. I may finally be throwing in the towel on the show.

Moonbeam Skies and Jerry Horne like this.
  10. dirwuf

dirwuf Misplaced Chicagoan

Here we go again...sometimes it's very good, sometimes it isn't. The quality has been pretty steady for the last decade, with some seasons being better than others; and when there's a bum episode, it's likely followed by a good one.

The show really hasn't aged, we have...

11. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

How comes I still find the first years of the series as top-notch comedy, no matter how many times I've seen the episodes? Haven't I aged?

12. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

Let it die , let burn in the ashes every thing it was need to vanish,
    Like, candle, and flame, snuff it out. Let be burden no longer
    Observe it's absurd, behavior. Let end, make it suffering come quickly.
    Strike that match stick and burn all of it's bad memory .
    From your mind leave all emptiness of all it behind.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
  13. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

I watched a couple episodes this past weekend both older on FXX and the new one on Fox.

Very surprised, although I shouldn't be, by how much Family Guy influence has crept into the show. I don't remember the Simpsons being quite as off the wall jokejokejokejokejoke rapidfire as it is now.

14. jackson123

jackson123 Forum Resident

I really enjoyed this show back in the day, but lost interest after I gave up TV for good around 2003-04. I'm kinda surprised it's still around I never hear anyone talk about it. I never hear anyone talk about any shows for that matter, funny how times change. Way to much diversity in programming I guess.

15. DiabloG

DiabloG City Pop, Rock, and anything 80s til I die

I stopped watching the Simpsons around '08 or '09, but it wasn't due to the quality of the more recent episodes. Instead, it was due to over exposing myself to the first 9 or 10 seasons via the box sets. This was also around the time I started watching King of the Hill, which is currently my favorite TV show. Fast forward to today; I've forgotten pretty much everything from the Simpsons save for a few episodes from each season. Even though it would be a fresh start if I started watching the show again, I have no desire to do so at the moment. As for the post-movie episodes, the most recent one I remember watching was one that dealt with bees. I'm not sure what season this was from, but I don't recall it being that funny.

16. stuguy

stuguy Forum Resident

After so many years on the air how can you keep up coming with good original ideas? Amazing that it has lasted so long. I was in college when the show started. Since then grad school, marriage kids..etc It boggles my mind that the show is still on. Cash cow for FOX. The network makes big money off the show, merchandising etc.. and the voice actors are all handsomely paid.

I was watching the pilot of minority report last week. The show takes place in the year 2065. In one scene you see the Simpsons playing on the television in a restaurant! Hysterical. This is a FOX show too.

17. vince

Yup... this last one was pretty weak...
    Over the past years, there's only been one (maybe two) decent episodes per year.

18. keefer1970

keefer1970 Metal, Movies, Beer!

Bigtime Simpsons fanboy here. I still enjoy the show even though they don't hit it out of the park every week like they used to. Still, I tend to get at least one good chuckle out of every episode.

...that said, I didn't even realize the new season had premiered already. Guess I'll have to check that out via On Demand. Shows you how much I've been paying attention. :D

19. Willowman

Willowman Senior Member

Last few series have been excellent.

20. PaulKTF

Sheesh, what kind of Simpsons fanboy doesn't know that the season premiered already?! :)

21. keefer1970

keefer1970 Metal, Movies, Beer!

I've been too busy watching the re-runs of old episodes on FXX. :D

vince likes this.
  22. PaulKTF

Okay, that is a pretty good excuse. :)

keefer1970 likes this.
  23. chronic kebab

chronic kebab Forum Resident

Should have ended in 1998! And i don't think it's a case of us getting older. I was talking to my 14 year old niece who is adamant the show started to turn really bad in around its 10th season.

24. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

And that was the season opener!! Imagine the final few 'stinker slot' episodes!

25. goodiesguy

goodiesguy Confide In Me

I have to say, with it going widescreen and HD it certainly lost a lot of its charm. I'm so used to it being 4:3, as that's what the majority of episodes are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.