The South-West London / North Surrey Record Shopping Thread

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by LivingForever, Jul 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LivingForever

LivingForever Forum Arachibutyrophobic Thread Starter

Morning all!

I've become aware that there are a few of us in the whole South West outskirts of London / North Surrey / Borough of Kingston kind of direction, so I thought it might be nice to have a thread to chat about where's good to go record shopping in our fine and marvellous part of the world.

I'm in Chessington and I'm always on the lookout for places to go within a 30 minute drive so that I can pop out and have a look on my lunchbreak.

So - the obvious ones for now:

NEW:

- Banquet Records, Kingston. Excellent selection of new stuff on Indie labels. Not so much if you're after your Classic Rock reissues although there is a little bit of that, too.

- HMV, Kingston. Not a bad shop these days, actually. Gone are the days of gadgets and headphones taking the place over, and instead there's a pretty good vinyl selection and a still-not-inconsiderable selection of CDs.

USED:

- Collectors' Record Centre, Kingston. I've actually not made it here since my "vinyl revival", I used to find it a bit frustrating for CDs but I'm looking forward to checking out their spinning discs of wax at some point!

That's as much as I know about for Kingston itself. I'll post some more about places I've found within a 30 minute drive of me, later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.