The Star Wars (comic book based on rough draft of the script)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by PaulKTF, Mar 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member Thread Starter

2. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

I have the issues and enjoyed it. Also for comic book nerds the new Marvel Star Wars series is really good. It takes place after the Death Star is destroyed in the Star Wars (there is no such thing as A New Hope) and before The Empire Strikes Back. So far two issues have been published. There is also a Darth Vader series which has 2 issues out so far and a Princess Leia 5 issue miniseries coming out.

3. ZAck Scott

ZAck Scott Senior Member

Just when I thought I was out of Comic Books, They pull me back in!!!

But Seriously, I really enjoyed "The Star Wars". I bought the Trade Paperback a few months ago and read it in one night. Quite the enjoyable read.

4. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

It's enjoyable. I've been familiar with the Ralph McQuarrie concept paintings since the 70s, so it was a trip to see them brought to life.

5. SonOfAlerik

SonOfAlerik Forum Resident

There is also the Splinter of the Mind's Eye series that Dark Horse did. It was based on the novel written by Alan Dean Foster that he wrote as an inexpensive sequel to Star Wars in case it didn't do well at the box office.

6. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I read that book way back when it first came out. People didn't believe me in 1978/79 when I told them there was already a sequel to Star Wars, and I was actually disappointed when Empire told a totally different story! I did read the comic version a while back and it wasn't quite what I had visualized for 35 years.

Dave Garrett and Aggie87 like this.
  7. drumzNspace

drumzNspace Forum Resident

Just stumbled on this thread. I have the compiled trade paperback of this. It's always driven me a bit nuts that I can't quite figure out where the individual issue breaks are within the book (8 individual comic books I believe). I've searched around the internet and couldn't find the info. If you actually have the books handy and wouldn't mind listing the 1st caption/dialog/text (or the last) from each issue that would be great!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.