SH Spotlight The Steve Hoffman Music Forums 15th anniversary is January 12, 2017, congrats to all of us!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Jan 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zep Fan

Zep Fan Sounds Better with Headphones on

I like the reel-to-reel logo at the top of the SH web page.

I like music.

I like rock'n'roll music.

2. motorcitydave

motorcitydave Enlightened Rogue In Memoriam

happy anniversary! i've been here for 10 fun filled years; met some real cool dudes here. thanks for creating this forum Steve!

jon9091 and Vinyl Addict like this.
  3. ledsox

ledsox Senior Member

Pretty darn cool! Congrats, Steve and all of us.

4. Gavinyl

Gavinyl Remembering Member

Happy Birthday !

THE best place on the interwebs.....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  5. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Pretty cool. Wow, 15 years (and more - I remember the old forum) flies by so fast.

Thanks Steve.

6. ggjjr

ggjjr Forum Resident

It was this forum that educated me on the importance of mastering. Thank you all. I, now, don't buy music without searching here first. To another 15 years!

7. kaztor

kaztor Music is the Best

Congrats!

My wallet shivers by the thought of another 15 years!

Honestly, as a severe music nut this place has brought me A LOT of pleasure! :targettiphat:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  8. Philip Davis

Philip Davis Forum Resident

Thanks to our host and all who work to provide us with this forum!

I really enjoy reading everyone's posts - even the ones that I don't agree with - it's my favorite music forum on the web!

motorcitydave likes this.
  9. BNell

BNell Forum Resident

Congrats to all!!

I'm proud to be a member here for almost 11 years. I don't remember exactly how I stumbled upon the forum, but no one will be surprised to hear that the first major topic I followed was related to the Beatles (it was the Capitol Albums Vol. 2 release). Thanks for all the years of informative and interesting discussions. Here's to 15 more years.

10. Murph

Murph Enjoy every sandwich!

Member since 2003. I come to this place to read, listen , learn - and laugh! Thanks to Steve, the Gorts (past and present) and the members here who make this place special and a welcome respite from the craziness in the world!

jon9091 and motorcitydave like this.
  11. RiverCity45s

RiverCity45s Forum Resident

One of the best places, with the best content, on the interwebs. Thanks, everyone (especially our host!).

12. mavisgold

mavisgold Senior Member

being that this is a Beatles forum :hide: I can't believe no one's posted this yet

or did I miss it?

vinyl13 and Kevin55 like this.
  13. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

Happy Birthday SHtv!!!!

jon9091 likes this.
  14. j.barleycorn

j.barleycorn Forum Resident

I chimed in earlier but wanted to add that one of the things that made this place so great for so long is that it is virtually free of politics. I joined FB three odd years ago and for a couple years spent more time there than here. That's flipped in the last six months because of having to wade thru constant intrusive poltical rants from about half my FB friends. Now I rarely check into FB but I'm back here everyday, and loving every minute of it.

puelche and RubenH like this.
  15. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

Congrats, Steve! I came aboard in Sept. 2006, and barely missed a day since. That's 10 years of my life well spent, with great people.

16. '67 Chevy

'67 Chevy Forum Resident

15 years.... really?

Wow... time flies. I remember the old DCC forum, in fact, the DCC forum discussions used to come up in the search results, if I remember correctly. I don't know if they do anymore.

Happy 15th! :righton:

17. John Adam

John Adam An Introvert In Paradise

Happy 15 years and thank you to our founder and his great team for making this forum one great place to talk and live music.
    It's a dream come true for many of us! :)

18. elfary

elfary Forum Resident

Happy to be a part of forum where you can talk about music and dynamic range ;)

Long live!

19. Matt Starr

Matt Starr Forum Troglodyte

Happy 15 years to this amazing forum! I am so grateful that I joined in 2012 and have been welcomed into the community by all the music lovers here. Thanks to Steve and all the staff for doing an amazing job keeping this place the best destination on the internet.

Gavinyl likes this.
  20. TokenGesture

TokenGesture Forum Resident

Congrats guys! :edthumbs:

21. HiFi Guy 008

HiFi Guy 008 Forum Resident

Wow - I'd thought this forum was around a little longer than 15 years - considering the immense volume of information and 60,000 members. At the same time, it makes me feel a little younger for a change.

Thank you guys, and the handful of gals who make this a consistently friendly, fun, helpful, civilized place to be. Compared to the other audio forums out there, this one stands head and shoulders above.

And thank you moderators for your natural non-judgemental presence, although I'm still not exactly sure what you do or how you do it.

Thank you Steve. Your attitude and light hearted wisdom has influenced tens of thousands of people. Especially me.

I like the new banner. It's a bit loud, but smooth.

22. Dugan

Dugan Senior Member

I just realized that tomorrow (Jan 14) will be my 15th anniversary!

23. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

I look forward every day to checking in here. We're fortunate enough to have a wealth of information at our fingertips at this great site. Thanks to all who make it possible.

24. Mitsuman

Mitsuman Diamond Tone Junkie

I am very grateful to be allowed to run around this place. Congrats, and thanks for having me. :goodie:

25. sami

sami Mono still rules

Came here looking for the best Stones CD pressings (when i was still buyong CD's) six years ago, and I never left.

Thanks for all the work you guys do, and especially thanks for the Listening To On Vinyl thread, our little corner of the forum.

Gavinyl and jon9091 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.