SH Spotlight The Steve Hoffman Music Forums 15th anniversary is January 12, 2017, congrats to all of us!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Jan 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Congrats to Steve and the staff on 15 years :righton:! So glad I joined SH as I've learnt so much about music and all that goes with it. My favorite forum by far :)!

2. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore.

I'd read here for a few years, kept coming up when I would Google some obscure group or release, didn't know it's been going this long... congratulations and thanks!

3. PTgraphics

PTgraphics Senior Member

Don't remember when I joined - it was a while ago - but I remember why I found this place. It was to find out why some of my newer CD's sounded terrible to me. After that music addiction took hold and my music collection grew like crazy.

4. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

Sound does matter!:cheers:

Tuco likes this.
  5. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

I lurked for a couple years before joining in 2008. It was certainly the loudness wars that brought me to this forum and Led Zep's Mothership and New Order's Singles were two of the worst offenders around that time!

Thanks to Steve and the staff. This is a great music website and service.

6. ODShowtime

ODShowtime jaded faded

This is a good forum.

7. Yovra

Yovra Collector of Beatles Threads

Came here late 2008 to check out some tips and hints about new and 2nd hand vinyl for my newly bought (also secondhand) Thorens and never looked back. It must have become the most-checked website just after news sites and weather reports.
    It's a mostly informative, sometimes bewildering place where discoveries can be made and interesting people can be met!
    Here's to the next fifteen!

8. Only 47 more years before I can catch Grant's postcount . . .

No Static and Tuco like this.
  9. j.barleycorn

j.barleycorn Forum Resident

Congrats Steve and to everyone here who makes this such a fab forum. I heard about this thru Vinyl Asylum in 2005, then lurked for a couple years before joining in 2008. Never went back to VA.

10. wavethatflag

wavethatflag God is love, but get it in writing.

Jan. 2 was my 3rd year here, and this is my favorite place on the internet by far.

ianuaditis likes this.
  11. OneStepBeyond

OneStepBeyond Senior Member

Happy Birthday! :edthumbs: Congratulations to Steve and all.

I've joined many forums - at least a dozen, over the last say 5 years or so and this one is the only 'constant.' I only look at a few pages of two or three of them now, just to see what's going on and it's never very much - I don't even log in and certainly haven't posted in any of those for a couple of years or so. BUT I'll visit her multiple times daily when I have the chance (if not out or at work etc.)

Just browsing and reading up on the music I'm listening to is great... or anything that takes my interest. You've all inspired me to listen to things I'd never have dreamed of and I've ended up with full discographies by people I'd never given a fair chance to before. And my knowledge on a lot of my favourite artists is now enough to bore the pants off some of the most ardent fans. ;) I love that I know a bit more about sound production/mixing/mastering by reading explanations in threads by our host and others. This is very useful to me because I'm something of a muso and like to record at home for fun - great when you know you can get things to sound decent and perhaps interesting to others.

MANY thanks - and all the best for the next 15 years... God willing, I'll be here for those.

Ian.

:righton:

Elton and Johnny Reb like this.
  12. Spruce

Spruce Forum Resident

Best music forum out there. On it a lot...too much maybe, now I have retired. Wealth of knowledge. Just have to use the "search" facility to get past The Beatles.

bleachershane likes this.
  13. jimac51

jimac51 A mythical beast.

I find it interesting that in the 13 years I've been here I have 2,000 posts but others with less than two years have 4,000 posts and yet my wife feels I'm on here way too much. Not a big concern,since this is a hobby with no drinking,no one getting hurt(outside of Record Store Day,maybe),the bills still getting paid and a worldwide group of fans(nerds?),many of them true experts willing to share their thoughts on music, the pre-recorded physical reproduction of such and how it shapes our life.

Tuco likes this.
  14. maxnix

maxnix Forum Resident

My first stop of the day, before work email and everything else! Congrats to Steve and the staff, very pleased to be part of the family.

15. Rupe33

Rupe33 Senior Member

Many thanks to our host for your hospitality these many years!

16. vinylrules

vinylrules Forum Resident

Here's a little gift for you Steve! Something you remastered some years ago while with DCC Compact Classics! Everyone enjoy!

kevinsponge and Steve Hoffman like this.
  17. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

Thanks to all who make this place run smoothly.

probably a good time for a Fund Drive!

18. Blastproof

Blastproof Senior Member

Congrats to all, especially you, Steve. This forum is tremendous. I have learned so much by being here.

19. texquad

texquad Senior Member

Through the years this site has opened my eyes to what goes in my ears!

20. thxphotog

thxphotog Camera Nerd Cycling Nerd Guitar Nerd Dietary Nerd

"Cheers!", to the forum that has cost me more money that either of the Strat or Les Paul forums. Probably combined, but to quote George Clooney from 'Intolerable Cruelty": It was worth it!.

Places like Amoeba I'm quite sure thank you too. Matter of fact there should be a % from used record stores sent directly to the operational costs of this site.

Tuco likes this.
  21. I'm a relative newcomer (2011), but better late than never. My life is richer since I joined, but my bank account is poorer.

Thanks to Steve and to all to whom thanks are due. Carry on!

22. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

Congratulations to ourselves, then! (even though I've been here since 2014 only)
    This is the only forum in which I participate, and I must say that, in general, people here are respectful and friendly. Like many forum members had expressed here, my bank account has suffered a lot since I've joined... and I couldn't have enjoyed it more!
    Congratulations to Steve and to the staff that keeps this wonderful space on.

andrewskyDE likes this.
  23. yohalfprice

yohalfprice Forum Resident

Cheers Steve, and thanks for making this happen. As I'll be off work and at home on the 12th I'll be sure to play some of your masterings and accompany them with an appropriate libation.

24. mike catucci

mike catucci Forum Resident

Congrats and thanks to everyone who is part of the site. I've taken a lot away in terms of advice and help and hope I gave back a bit as well. It's all about the music!

25. Tuco

Tuco Senior Member

And #17 . . . what happened there??? :tiphat:

BTW, I managed to acquire a rare mono pressing:

[​IMG]

Congrats to all concerned !!!

Gavinyl and andrewskyDE like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.