The Stones ARE performing Sticky Fingers. TONIGHT. (May 20 2015) *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by botley, May 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Forum Resident

My uncle had one like that, only instead of jumping around, the tape head partially covered the track adjacent to the one you were supposed to be on, so you could hear the faint 'ghost' of another song playing simultaneously with the one you were listening to.

Mark

2. SizzleVonSizzleton

SizzleVonSizzleton The Last Yeti

I listened to that 8 track and woke up two days later on a bus stop bench. I don't wanna talk about it!

3. wavethatflag

wavethatflag God is love, but get it in writing.

I think Taylor would have been dealt it as a full member eventually, but he was only with the band 6 years out of its 50+ years history. He was a great guitarist, but he wasn't getting along with Mick and Keith towards the end of his tenure, so it wasn't to be. I don't think Mick & Keith necessarily wanted him to leave the band, but the chemistry they've had with Ron Wood over the years is so much healthier than it was with Taylor. Wood is more of a band guy and Taylor was more of an outsider.

4. SG1

SG1 Active Member

And what was it that Kieth said? The only way one leaves the Stones is in a casket, or something to that effect...

5. Dave Hoos

Dave Hoos Nothing is revealed

Depends on who you believe I suppose.

6. wavethatflag

Yeah, that's true, too. Even as I was writing that I'm realizing some of it came from Taylor interviews.

7. JimW

JimW In the Process of Becoming

I take it you don't watch NBA games- at least not Lakers games.

8. docwebb

docwebb Forum Resident

No doubt Mick can still get it up for showcase gigs like this one. But can he sustain the quality and energy over a whole tour?

9. audiotom

audiotom I can not hear a single sound as you scream

Taylor once said in the late seventies in an interview that they were doing so much coke that he was wearing a hole in the septum of his nose. He said he had to get out of there

Wonder if he is paid not to do a tell all bio

Dave Hoos likes this.
  10. Dave Hoos

Dave Hoos Nothing is revealed

Amazingly, I think he can.

11. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

heh heh no, I live 3000 miles + an ocean away. but I'm aware that he's a regular.

12. old school

old school Senior Member

Mick Taylor was a full member from day one. I wish Mick Taylor would of stayed longer in the band. I'm sure he regrets leaving such a lucrative gig. But Mick must be getting royalties from various releases and the super deluxe edition of " Sticky Fingers." Also I agree with John Fell The Stones played much better in
    1971 then they do now. Guys in there 70s don't play like there 28 that is just natural.

John Fell, budwhite and Dave Hoos like this.
  13. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

This performance would be worthy as a stand-alone release on download, CD and vinyl. Of course, nobody knows whether Mick intended to release the recording in the first place.

14. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

It looks as though Keith broke a string on his tele during 'Brown Sugar?'

15. wavethatflag

Oh, yeah, I'm sure I used to know that. My mistake.

old school likes this.
  16. veloso2

veloso2 Forum Resident

to be kind: i don't think this performance is great!

hammer99 likes this.
  17. bibijeebies

bibijeebies vinyl hairline spotter

Come on...ever heard of hair weaving and extensions?
    Macca has it too...

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  18. John Grimes

John Grimes Forum Resident

Well
    Really, natural? Let's see, I'm 38 and I play way better than when I was 28. Do you play an instrument like guitar? Just curious. You sound like a know it all. Let's see how much you do know.

19. old school

old school Senior Member

I sound like a know it all? If you know what you claim which I doubt very highly as you age your skills diminish It's completely natural. Maybe in time by your 68
    you might learn this! But with a attitude like yours you are a little mixed up. You're talking like the know it all!

Toby Benjamin likes this.
  20. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

The question is, "will you go off-topic better in 2043?"

Cassius and John Grimes like this.
  21. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

I just like a young rock n roll band better. The sound, the voices, the image, the danger when stones came to town etc

veloso2, old school and ssmith3046 like this.
  22. old school

old school Senior Member

I never went off topic. I was just agreeing with a friend and fellow poster. You came in at page 11
    so how would you know?

John Fell likes this.
  23. supersquonk

supersquonk Forum Resident

True for sports, not for music. Check out any orchestra and you'll see plenty of gray hairs up there. Exception might be singing in terms of hitting those high notes.

24. JimW

JimW In the Process of Becoming

Well, your post referred to seeing him onscreen. I was talking about seeing a Lakers game on TV- they always show him at some point- along w/ a lotta other celebs.

25. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

We all were younger 44 years ago and some of the members here weren't even born when Sticky Fingers was released. I remember it well, it was a great summer and SF was part of my soundtrack for that summer. I still enjoy it. Seems like there's a lot of talk about hair and looks and does the band sound and look exactly like they did in 1971, of course not. Who does? There was a certain mystique 44 years ago that surrounded all the bands because 24/7 information in those days wasn't readily available. The Stones had a certain something then that no other band had though IMO. Anyway, I'm glad to see them still performing and had the pleasure to see them a few times over last few decades and was never disappointed.

theMess, ConnieGuitar, SG1 and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.