The Twilight Zone- Season 4 and Night Gallery coming to MeTV

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by PaulKTF, Feb 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sixtiesstereo

sixtiesstereo Senior Member

Sounds like "The Tune In Dan's Café" Night Gallery Episode. The only tune the jukebox would play
    (below) was tied in to a prior murder......

MikeInFla and MarkTheShark like this.
  2. MarkTheShark

MarkTheShark Senior Member

Thank you...that's interesting because the other thing I vividly remember is a jukebox playing a song and skipping on "till then...till then..." -- and it looks like both of these memories are of the same episide.

MikeInFla and sixtiesstereo like this.
  3. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

Maybe you are thinking about the ABC Movie of the Week Trilogy of Terror.

Morton LaBongo likes this.
  4. sixtiesstereo

Then this is in fact what you're looking for. After some searching, I finally did find it online,
    but it's from a site that can't be embedded on the forum. So go to this link. "The Tune In Dan's Cafe " is
    the third of their usual 3 episodes hour. It starts at around 40 minutes I believe.
    (Unfortunately the image is reversed for some reason, and the picture quality isn't the best, but at least
    you can see it again..) Plus, you have to wait thirty seconds for it to start.
    Night Gallery S2E15 Green Fingers, The Funeral, The Tune In Dan's Cafe - Video Dailymotion

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  5. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

I don't get Comet where I live unfortunately.

6. MarkTheShark

MarkTheShark Senior Member

Thank you!

It's on DVD too, right?

7. Morton LaBongo

Morton LaBongo Forum Resident

Yes, you are right, that was indeed Trilogy of Terror! Not a bad one and certainly seemed to be modeled off TZ/NG. I had to check Wikipedia to find out the third one from the NG pilot and then I remembered it somewhat well, it was the one about the hiding Nazi who wanted to go into the calm painting of the relaxing fisherman. Probably the closest one (in the pilot anyways) to the original stories TZ had -- they had many stories about bad people getting what they deserved -- and also Nazis were similarly featured in at least a few TZ episodes.

stereoptic likes this.
  8. sixtiesstereo

Actually, I loved the 90's Outer Limits more than the original. Terrific stories, great casts,
    and high production values. And one of the best scifi episodes I've ever seen on TV was the
    "A Stitch In Time" episode with Amanda Plummer as an inventor who invents time travel and
    uses it to go back in time and eliminate people who will become murderers in the present.
    Also, she returns again in the series finale as the same character and has to appear before
    the Supreme Court because she has made changes in time that could lead to the end of the world.
    If you've never seen "A Stitch In Time" here it is....HIGHLY recommended..
    (It should be remade as a feature length big budget film today)

9. sixtiesstereo

This starts in the middle for some reason....skip it.

10. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

I wish they would have gone all in on Serling and also shown his The Loner western!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.