The Two Towers extended version

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by GregM, Nov 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

The two previous LOTR flicks are the only films I've seen in a theater since 1999. I LOVES home theater!

2. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

There seems to be a problem with the some of the Canadian ones. The paper on the back of the slipcase is glued there with real glue instead of that stuff you just roll around to remove. It makes a heck of a mess when you try to get it off. I returned two before I got one that was semi-liveable.

Anyway, if you express your displeasure to Alliance, they will send you a new untarnished slipcase.

[email protected]

3. jdw

jdw Senior Member

The Two Tower's Extended Edition comes in a collector's set with a ceramic figure (?) and I believe a bonus 5th DVD. Can someone describe the content on this bonus disc? Thanks...

4. Tyler

Tyler Senior Member

I just finished watching the extended version for the first time. I think this version works better than the theatrical cut! It's even better than the extended version of "Fellowship". I'm hoping that I won't have to wait until next November for the extended version of "Return of the King" to come out on DVD.

5. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Hope all you'd like, but I'd say there's almost no chance New Line would alter the established release pattern. Why would they? It's worked incredibly well. I suppose it's possible that without another movie to tout they might move up the dates, but I think it's highly unlikely. It WOULD be sweet, though, to get this stuff earlier!

6. pigmode

pigmode Active Member

My question: Is the EV of Towers truer to the story that the EV of Fellowship?

In the latter, Aragorn's vist to his mother's shrine and his ensuing conversation with Elrond is pure ********.

7. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

The answer is yes and no. A lot of it is added detail from the books, but some of it (such as Faramir's back story), is a bit different since the character of Faramir is also somewhat different, although he is not as drastic a departure as the whole Elrond, Arwen, Aragorn subplot that you seem upset about.

If you are not familiar with the theatrical version, there is a whole stretch between a Warg attack and Aragorn's arrival at Helm's Deep that will probably drive you batty since it is completely fabricated for the film.

Regards,

8. pigmode

pigmode Active Member

Thanks Ken,
    I'll have to pick it up--just because.

BTW, I just saw the preview to ROTK, and it looks awesome. From the brief shots that I saw, Eowyn has transformed into a total babe!! She really is[B/] the main female character of the book, and I really have to laugh at Jacksons attempt to recreate Arwen for that actress whats-her-name.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.