The Walking Dead Season 6! Sunday October 11th 2015!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Oct 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

good show, but only a few excellent parts...too much filler this week.

2. Michael

Morgan needs to grow up and face reality he ain't in Kansas anymore...Looking forward to see what Rick does to the Wolf...Bang, bang...

Hawklord and Rubber65 like this.
  3. Michael

it's not the gun... it's the punk A-Hole behind it..

4. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

The writers missed a chance to put the show in a whole new realm of unpredictability. They should have had Enid blow Glen's brains out when he said, you wouldn't shoot me. After all the speculation over the last few weeks, that would have been great. But no, it's casually take the gun out of her hand. Uh huh.

Kyhl, Hawklord, JimC and 1 other person like this.
  5. mattdm11

mattdm11 Forum Resident

I thought the same thing. It would have been an F U from the entire crew to see that happen, and I think it would have been great. Although I do like Glen more than most. I want carnage next week and I want it bad. Bye Carl. Say a prayer, Gabriel. Whatever the lesbian girl's name is, hope you enjoyed your last kiss last week. Judith, don't bother learning to walk, you won't need it where you are going. I mean, I want a BLOODBATH. :)

Hawklord, Linger63 and Rubber65 like this.
  6. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

I was under the impression that that building was severely damaged when the truck hit it a few weeks ago.

The opening five minutes this week was an official "jump the shark" moment. By far the most implausible thing I've seen on this show, even more so than dead people walking around.

ex_mixer and Shawn like this.
  7. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I said 4 weeks ago that Glenn was still alive -- this has all been a big shaggy dog plot twist to beef up ratings.

I gotta say, though, the building falling over was unexpected and a very clever idea. The wall was strong as hell, the town defeated the Wolves, they could hold back the Zombies, but once the wall is breached, they're truly F'd.

It was nutty and silly, but only borderline sharkish to me. I think they telegraphed Glenn staying on the show just by the way the opening titles are structured. It was just a tease.

JimC likes this.
  8. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

It wasn't nutty or silly, it was a poorly imagined way to escape that scenario, and not a very well executed one at that. If you're going to give us that flimsy of an escape, at least film it to be exciting.

And before I forget, why were there ballooons just floating there? The first thing I thought when I saw them was that it was an obvious booby trap. But no, they were just balloons. Apparently, there's still a business for kid's birthday parties post apocalypse because they certainly weren't still floating there several years after the outbreak. They weren't even mylar!

Shawn likes this.
  9. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

I thought the balloons were left over from when they were herding the walkers away from the quarry, hence Glenn knowing about the helium tank and other balloons in the bushes.

10. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

I kind of thought about that, but its another example of lazy scriptwriting, or maybe scenes hitting the cutting room floor that unintentionally ruin others.

11. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

Wasn't that where the truck hit?

12. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

So if the tower hadn't fallen, what were Ron's plans, following Carl with a loaded weapon?

13. Okay, so how implausible was Glenn's escape compared to Rick's escape under the tank? Or even the worst! - Carol and Daryl going off the overpass, not only nose first, but the van landing on its tires at the last minute, and all that happens to Carol is a hurt collarbone? Or Tyreese escaping a whole cabin full of zombies after he was literally swarmed under?

At times, this show can be as implausible as a cartoon can get, short of Willey Coyote and a box of Acme dynamite. Different strokes I guess. To me Glenn's escape was made more plausible because it was not tinged with ominous music, or overlong hovering over Glenn's time spent under the trash bin. In this case, it's all about the treatment of the scene, and for a pleasant change, I think the moment worked.

It's funny, though, because I can't believe I'm actually defending a scene on TWD. Strange days, indeed. Most peculiar, momma.

Stormrider77, Rufus McDufus and JimC like this.
  14. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

Its worse in that it is physically impossible to fit under a dumpster in much the same way as it to crawl under a door. It just isnt going to happen no matter how skinny a person is. You can only suspend disbelief so far before it snaps.

15. I don't know about that. I can't tell you how many times I've seen a dumpster and wondered if I could crawl under it. I think a lot of people think this way.

16. I don't have a problem with Glenn crawling under the dumpster but I do have an issue with how long he was laying there - exposed from the chest up and with parts of his arms and legs uncoivered as well - and not one of the horde of hungry zombies took even the smallest of bite out of him.

17. The zombies were full. The other guy was bigger. Glen is small. :tiphat:

18. mike's beard

mike's beard Forum Resident

The show has offically jumped the shark with that opening shot of how Glen survived.

MikeInFla likes this.
  19. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

Really?

[​IMG]

Kyhl, ex_mixer and EVOLVIST like this.
  20. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

He wasn't laying there covered by Nicholas very long - the entire season so far has taken place in one day, I believe (other than Morgan's flashback).

So even though it's taken 3-4 episodes to get back to Glenn's story, he may have only laid there for 30 seconds or something before shimmying under the dumpster (but yes, I'll certainly agree it was extremely lucky that no zombie bit a chunk out of him still).

21. mj_patrick

mj_patrick Senior Member

Remember when they covered themselves in blood and guts and walked the streets right alongside the dead? Yeah.

Anyway, Glen's escape after weeks of questions regarding his fate went unanswered certainly was walking the line of plausibility pretty hard, but I haven't decided it was a total jump the shark moment. I was more annoyed with the building falling on the fence right at the end as an obligatory "see ya next week" type of cliffhanger.

22. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. Well, Glenn had blocked the way of other zombies from getting to him by killing those few who were after him, thus walling Glenn in. Now, if some zombies had attacked him, before he was walled in, by grabbing his legs, Glenn would have been screwed.

I still say if there was any shark jumping it happened way back when Carol and Daryl went off the overpass.

Stormrider77 likes this.
  24. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

Thats all fine and dandy, except there is no evidence of wheels on the dumpster in that scene.

25. There's no evidence against it either. In fact the style of dumpster I just showed matches up with the show. Moreover, most of these smallish to midsized dumpsters have wheels or legs which raise or lower them, but mostly wheels.

The fact is, it's TWD. It's often like Buster Crabbe or Adam West in their many escapes. We don't go into this show expecting realism. It's like candy. It's folly to stuff candy into our mouths, while one day expecting it to be steak with all the trimmings.

I'm just saying it's the least of the implausible events in a show brimming with implausibility.

JimC likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.