The Walking Dead Season 6! Sunday October 11th 2015!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Oct 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike's beard

mike's beard Forum Resident

Excellent point and one I've asked myself whenever it's budget restraints are mentioned.

JimC likes this.
  2. Funny you should mention that, because the wife and I just started watching The Leftovers a few days ago, on-demand. We're only 4 episodes into the first season, but I find it totally engrossing. What makes it so bizarre is that it's our reality as we know it, only slightly skewed to the right or left, like a picture frame not being square on the wall, so it bugs you...but you're not allowed to get up and make it straight.

It's pretty damn good so far!

I have a strong feeling that Preacher, from AMC, is going to be the next big thing.

Scotian and JimC like this.
  3. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

Rufus McDufus likes this.
  4. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Watched 1st season. Does it get any better, or is it the same old 'see zombie , run ?

5. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

At times the zombies fade into the background of the storyline and it becomes more of a drama. Give it a while longer and see if you still dig it.

6. mike's beard

mike's beard Forum Resident

It gets worse, then much, much better, then even better, then worse.

Kyhl and Mr. H like this.
  7. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

A bit like season 1. :)

8. JimC

JimC Senior Member

I think I read on here that the usual model for these shows is that success over multiple seasons becomes a game of maximizing profit -- the margin was small/in the red at the beginning so the longer a show runs, the more profit is sought. They have a lifespan, after all.

9. PhilJol

PhilJol Forum Resident

My joke is that it is a zombie soap opera, it does take a few seasons to take off and is very slow during parts of the first 2 or 3 seasons (which frankly could be skipped imo)

10. Michael

every season had it's moments...I would recommend watching it all! skip nothing...

Stormrider77, Linger63 and JimC like this.
  11. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

You might want to check out The Leftovers thread cause it's not pretty when Damon Lindelof or Lost are mentioned here or some other threads. ;)

Michael and JimC like this.
  12. Michael

LOL! Indeed.

13. Say, why did Rick pull that dick move by pulling Sgt. Carver's prayer meeting posters from off of the atrium?

It shouldn't matter one wit to Rick if they meet for prayer, or if they meet for an orgy. Pfffttt!

14. lechiffre

lechiffre Forum Resident

I am a bit concerned for Abraham, he thinks there is a reason to live, and he's dressed like he's ready for a military funeral.

Alternative4 likes this.
  15. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Senior Member

But he has a rocket launcher. ;)

16. Trapper J

Trapper J Senior Member

I'm really finding myself relating to Jesse Pinkman

Kyhl likes this.
  17. mattdm11

mattdm11 Forum Resident

@#$&@#$@!!!

MikeInFla likes this.
  18. Michael

Indeed!

19. PhilJol

PhilJol Forum Resident

lame lame lame mid season final episode. why do I even watch this crap?

20. I was thinking explosions, carnage, mayhem, automatic weapons, rapid-fire action!!!! All of those things that Americans love!

Instead, I got a saucer full of warm milk and some comfy mittens.

Tiptoe through the tulips, indeed.

21. PTgraphics

PTgraphics Senior Member

The short clip they showed of the second part of the season looked good. It was run in a commercial break of Bad lands.

Pat

22. Michael

Morgan has to go...he sickens me...his character is so far from reality...Carol is one tough woman. I wish she would have succeeded in offing both of them.

23. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Wow. That was probably the most disappointing, least satisfying episode ever! I seriously question whether I'll continue with this show. It happens, other series that I've dropped include the Leftovers, Masters Of Sex, and Orange Is The New Black. The Walking Dead feels like it's run out of creative juice. I read there's a new bad guy coming (played by a favorite actor!) but the storylines have become repetitive and predictable. I can't get over how bad this last episode was....

stumpy, Rufus McDufus and Kyhl like this.
  24. ArpMoog

ArpMoog Forum Resident

Yep Morgan is hard to take at this point. His dumb crap probably cost that lady her life.
    I find it hard to believe the girl in the hat wasn't a good enough shot to take out the wolf
    without hitting his captor. I said it before why didn't they use zombie scent to go outside
    the walls and lure the zombies away. What a letdown. I wish this show was on netflix.
    Would somebody please punch the talking dead guy in the head.
    Finally the way they pimp Badlands for us to see the preview for the next episode
    Is crap. AMC sucks.

Shawn likes this.
  25. Rubber65

Rubber65 Forum Resident

It was mildly entertaining for a mid season finale. Other than that mehhh. Nothing that hasn't been seen before. They could have sped up the season and put this as episode 3 or 4, but no the writers still want to drag out that same recipe over and over again. The most entertaining part was the 2 minute prologue. But again, it's reminiscent of the governor and Woodbury. Some post apocalyptic mad man who wants to control everything. The second part of season 6 better pick up the pace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.