The Walking Dead Season 6! Sunday October 11th 2015!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Oct 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alternative4

Alternative4 One of These Days I'll Get an Early Night

Damn this episode is getting a lot of hate all over. Rightly so too. I think the problem is that the writers now believe they are as deep as they try to be.

Thank god Z Nation doesn't take itself so seriously.

ssmith3046 and Shawn like this.
  2. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

The biggest shocker was that no one died. At first I thought "Ok, so Maggie isn't going to make it". Then it was "Ok, Carl isn't going to make it". Then it was "Ok, Morgan isn't going to make it". Then I thought "Ok, this is where Glenn REALLY dies". I guess we can say Deanna but she really doesn't count because she hasn't been on the show very long. And at the end, Sam is a very dumb kid. Last season he looked like an 8 year old. This season he looks 14.

EVOLVIST likes this.
  3. Spot on! And as far as Deanna, even in the middle of watching the show, they were trying to make us care about her death. Her warm, knowing smile, the sad music, the way the other characters reacted to her pending demise, as if she had been with them from the beginning. I'm thinking "Who cares?" Since the word go, Deanna was an imbecile. Totally clueless, with a clueless family.

Bad, bad writing.

So, I'm pretty sure what's going to happen when the season returns. They could have fast-tracked the inevitable for this episode, but nooooooo - they had to end softly, so that we can get a slam-bang start to the second half of the season.

And this season started off so promising.

trem two, Kyhl, Hawklord and 3 others like this.
  4. balzac

balzac Senior Member

Definitely a "meh" at best episode. Agreed, Deanna dying was unfortunate in that anyone dying is unfortunate. But they had very little time with her (and really, how much time did Michonne spend with her since they arrived?). Hack writing as well. The second Deanna whipped out that map a few episodes back and "planned for the future", I knew she was toast. Wasted character. She could have been *very* interesting, but they never did much with her in terms of writing.

The Carol/Morgan thing is actually somewhat interesting in concept (Morgan's stance is frustrating and probably not realistic, but interesting). But their "fight" was ridiculous. Carol is strong-willed and good with a gun, and scrappy I suppose. But, objectively, regardless of which character you like more (if either), Morgan should have been able to subdue Carol in seconds. Carol has rarely if ever engaged in severe hand to hand combat.

The best thing in the episode was the tweaked Sam kid. The only person who seemed to have some genuine reactions. Where is his Mom? She's been making out with Rick and building that metal sculpture instead of trying to talk to her kid and keep him from turning into a 10-year-old version of Howard Hughes. Horrible mother; arguably as awful as Lori. "Just pretend to be okay?" That's the best she's got?

It speaks to the "meh" nature of this show that they jump around so much and have so little actual *content* on this show now that I never even thought of the fact that they just ignored Abraham, Sasha, and Daryl for the entire episode. I don't care anymore.

The "exit interviews" on Talking Dead are sometimes interesting, and the Deanna actress joins a small group of actors (including those who played Beth and Andrea) who actually truly seem to be sad and slightly pissed that they were killed off. Kirkman seemed to genuinely slightly be a d**k to her during the episode considering how genuinely bummed she seemed to be.

I also nearly did a spit take when we had our first actual *substantive* "fan question* during "Talking Dead" where Kirkman was asked why people don't wear zombie guts all the time if it works so well. His patronizing answer with a derisive, dismissive tone was laughable. Of course they literally couldn't wear the guts 24/7. But why don't they do it *more often*? The actual answer that he can't give? Then they wouldn't have their zombie fights for the show.

I've never been impressed with Kirkman, whose talent has seemed to basically boil down to one time coming up with one good premise for a comic book and nothing else. He seems only vaguely even interested in his own show.

5. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

This season started out so well and last night was another snoozer of an episode.

I kept hoping Daryl and Abraham would save it.

It was like 30 minutes of looking out the window.... Their still there...

6. lechiffre

lechiffre Forum Resident

I find it hard to believe the girl in the hat wasn't a good enough shot to take out the wolf
    without hitting his captor

Maybe neither of them are capable of making head shots ………….

7. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

I didn't hate the episode, but one thing is really starting to annoy me, the way the members of Rick's group and Morgan who are all stone cold killers keep on trying to redeem obviously doomed characters even though it always ends in tears; Glenn and that guy who fell off the bin, Morgan and the Wolf, Carl and the kid who was about to shoot him, the whole group and the preacher and the fake scientist. Yeah I can buy Glenn doing it, I can maybe buy Morgan doing it following the backstory episode, but Carl and the kid who not only just tried to kill him, but let the walkers in, the same Carl who killed a similar aged kid at the prison with no visible regret and Morgan fighting Carol to protect the wolf, enough already, whatever your point is it's growing tired, or is it just poor writing and a lack of dramatic ideas using a similar plot device again and again trapped like walkers with no end in sight?

Hopefully the next episode will involve some fun with a tanker full of petrol and some rocket propelled grenades, although they also bug me as because as far as I'm aware the US military use alternative portable anti armour weapons so why did a soldier have a case of them? This episode also shows the need to take every safe opportunity you get to terminate walkers, eradication is the only option for human survival, that's why throughout history humans have eradicated top predators and any other species that might be a major threat and most of us don't have bears and wolves wandering our streets, leave a walker behind and it may bite someone else in the behind, don't risk it, kill it.

8. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

If the guy is armed with a knife nobody in their right mind would surrender guns to him, especially as him and his friends recently tried to wipe everyone out without mercy, I'd have taken the shot without hesitation. Surely battling walkers is ALL about head shots.

9. Rubber65

Rubber65 Forum Resident

The whole scene with Morgan and Carroll was an absolute joke and a laugh. She says that she'll kill him (Morgan) to be able to kill wolf guy. She had a gun strapped to her belt the whole time. Like drop the knife and grab the gun. The writers don't give the viewers enough credit to be able to see how illogical and pointless that whole scene was. Plus with Morgan's kung fu fighting, he could have knocked her on her ass without blinking an eye. And why didn't the wolf attack the doctor when they were alone. She was unarmed and he could have gotten up and killed her right away. Bad scenes and poorly developed writing and scenario.

10. ArpMoog

ArpMoog Forum Resident

She's Abrahams old lady and we have seen her take countless precision shots.
    As a shooter myself I can tell you at that distance it's easy to hit a target dead on
    and the group has had a lot of practice with head shots.
    No excuse for the poor writing on this show.
    They took a great idea and are running it into the ground imo.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
    Kyhl, Alternative4 and Rubber65 like this.
  11. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

I'm with you. At the end of the episode my wife commented that she is losing interest in the series. I agreed. I have been losing interest for a while and do not know if I will be able to watch the second half of the season. I also think Phil summed it up perfectly, lame.

How much longer until Better Call Saul starts because this is becoming painful to watch.

12. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

I'm still wondering why "Morgan" got an entire episode? he is a nothing character...other than to piss the audience off I can see no other reason.

13. Rubber65

Rubber65 Forum Resident

It just dawned on me but when Daryl is driving back with Abraham and Sasha, Daryl hears someone say help on his walkie talkie. Some speculated that it was Glenn but it was actually Eugene fumbling with his walkie talkie while Alexandria is getting overrun and a few zombies are walking towards him. He just said "Help" and this is what Daryl heard on his walkie talkie. Considering the limited range of these communication devices, I'd say Daryl was no more than a few kilometers away from Alexandria until he got stopped by Negan's gang of thugs.

KOWHeigel and misterdecibel like this.
  14. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

I would have thought he got the full hour because he is to die soon. Kind of makes you side with him. Until he goes and does something stupid like throwing Carol to the ground. Now, I hope he becomes zombie snacks. I suspect he will after the break.

15. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

The whole show is about characters making one shot kill head shots on the zombies...in the 'story' most of those characters are excellent shots so there's no reason to think either of the ladies couldn't have taken him out. Lazy writing.

jriems likes this.
  16. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

Another thing that bothered me, the tower collapsing, surely all the damage from the truck and fire was on the external side making that side the weak spot and meaning it would collapse outwards onto the walkers and not inwards through the fence, I know how trees work, I've cut a few down, do wooden towers behave in a completely opposite way, surely not, any structural engineers or demolition experts here?

Kyhl and Rufus McDufus like this.
  17. mj_patrick

mj_patrick Senior Member

The way this show is going reminds me of the descent Dexter started to make around season 6 or so.

18. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

Dumb episode.

19. Alternative4

Alternative4 One of These Days I'll Get an Early Night

That Better Call Saul preview made me remark "this evening wasn't a waste of time afterall!".

Can't wait for season II.

Kyhl and Mr. H like this.
  20. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

He's the only character worth anything.

Hall Cat likes this.
  21. Hawklord

Hawklord Senior Member

I viewed it as not wanting to alert even more zombies with gunfire. However they both could have simply rushed him jamming their guns right into his eyeballs. Thinking they could save the doctor was very optimistic if not slightly delusional given what they knew about the wolf characters, and what was going on outside.
    I :rolleyes: and :crazy: several times throughout the episode, the already mentioned Carol/Morgan tickle fight being one. When the little boy asked his mother if the monsters were coming? YES DAMMIT THE MONSTERS ARE COMING! Tell the kid the truth instead of that nonsense the writers came up with.

ArpMoog likes this.
  22. Michael

WOW! I so disagree with that!
    you may like him yes, but he is nowhere near the top of the food chain.

23. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

Did Deana really compliment Rick on his beard growing ability or did I fall asleep & dream that?

Kyhl and Mazzy like this.
  24. Michael

well after he put the value of a "Wolf" (that tried to kill him! LOL) over the ppl that protect him FROM THEM...he is junk...actually I liked him when he was a killer better...this I've seen the light BS does not work in Zombieville where you are Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner at any given moment...off this guy please...

Hawklord, Rufus McDufus and ArpMoog like this.
  25. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Geez that was lame. Hard to believe I was so excited about the first two episodes this season.

GentleSenator likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.